District 6A

Jashawn

Just wanted to hear everyone's thought about 6A this year. I know it's still really early but hopefully most teams have had a chance to face some decent competition once or twice already.

I haven't got a look at anyone in the district other than Whitwell so far. They won the district and region last year and look to be about as good this year. They dont seem to be quite as explosive on offense, but very close to it. Defensively they look as good as before... In my opinion anyway. They still seem a little bit young and need to work on putting together a solid performance for an entire game. Overall I think Whitwell will continue to look almost the same as last season.

How about everyone else....?

Whitwell struggles to score like always and aren't as good defensively yet as last years team. They have a young young team who will get deeper and better as the season goes. They could be a better team then last year when all said and done but they have work to do. I think they will win this District and region once again. Then comes substate which once again Whitwell will be 20 point underdogs. But hey will see what happens. Long season...I think Sale Creek and Silverdale are Whitwell's only challenge in the District and Region.

Sale Creek Whitwell tonight! So we will see what happens...

52-47 Whitwell beat Sale Creek. Both teams could have played much better. As a Whitwell fan I'll take the ugly win any day. Whitwell shot 10-28 from the foul line. 28 free throw attempts is an amazing total. However only to make ten of the twenty-eight is killer. Whitwell has struggled at the line all season. They better start knocking them down or it'll cost them some wins. If Whitwell hit some free throws against York they would be 7-0. They lost that game by 5 pts shot 2-8 from the foul line in the fourth missing the front end of one and one a few times. (8-20) = for the game.