Oct. 4, Davidson*

Oct. 11, at Knoxville Webb

Oct. 18, at Zion Christian Academy*

Oct. 25, Open

Nov. 1, Franklin Road Academy

• 1 month later...
Guest Sackmaster50

they could do well

They're already in the playoffs because of the realignment so that's a good start for not playing a game yet. That being said, they'll be competing with Knox Webb for the Gold Ball. Easy schedule for the Wildcats compared to the past few years in D2-AA. I would be shocked if they lost more than 2 games (Father Ryan & JPII), if that. Not sure about the KY team they are playing so maybe a 3 loss regular season, but doubtful. Webb will also be stiff competition for BGA. No shocker if the Spartans were to knock them off on the hill.

Edited by Sackmaster50

• 2 weeks later...

Knox Webb is a lot better than what many Division II-AA fans think. just a warning. And look out for FRA too. Great Line and a lot of seniors

Let's not forget that Knox Webb's district record was 0-5 in their last season (2008) in D2-AA or that they lost 40-0 the last time they played a D2-AA team (2011). Knox Webb has more students (almost 500) than BGA, BA and Ensworth, and was having absolutely no success in D2-AA until they moved down into a division where they are playing against schools that literally have less than 50 boys in the entire high school. More power to them and they have a good program, but it is a tad presumptuous for anyone to marvel at their success since they moved down.

BGA does not have an easy D2-A schedule next year, but I am thinking (perhaps hoping) that they will go 7-3 or 8-2.

Edited by RedRobin

• 3 weeks later...

Let's not forget that Knox Webb's district record was 0-5 in their last season (2008) in D2-AA or that they lost 40-0 the last time they played a D2-AA team (2011). Knox Webb has more students (almost 500) than BGA, BA and Ensworth, and was having absolutely no success in D2-AA until they moved down into a division where they are playing against schools that literally have less than 50 boys in the entire high school. More power to them and they have a good program, but it is a tad presumptuous for anyone to marvel at their success since they moved down.

BGA does not have an easy D2-A schedule next year, but I am thinking (perhaps hoping) that they will go 7-3 or 8-2.

How will BGA be in comparison to last years team? I realize that their record should be considerably better because of their schedule, but will they be a better team? Edited by orangecrush

If your going to tell the story tell all of it. Yes Webb struggle their last year in DIV-II-AA going 1-5 in district play. All of those losses were very competitive games. This was one of Webb's younger teams without a lot of team chemistry. The previous year Webb went 4-2 in the same division and made the playoffs. I guess making the playoffs in the toughest division in the state is absolutely no success.... Anyways both those Webb teams were average teams compared to usual Webb teams. The fact that those teams went pretty much 500 in the division proves they would be competitive in the large division it would just depend on the year. Something tells me those 2009, 2010 teams would have been very succesful, loaded with seniors and athletes. Your gonna bring up the Ensworth game, Webb had 6 starters out and were playing against the best team in the state! Not to mention star aaron blance was dismissed from the team hours before kickoff. If your gonna tell the bad you've got to tell the good. Your statments are very very misleading. By the way Webb has won 4 out of the last 5 meetings with the BGA wildcats.

Edited by Spartan4Life

Guest Sackmaster50

How is Davidson, Zion, Webb and FRA not an easy D2-A schedule? And their specific district only includes Davidson, Zion and FRA(somebody please correct me if that's not right). They win 1 of those 3 and they're in the playoffs... Webb is the only "tough" D2-A game BGA should have imho. But, to each their own.

Edited by Sackmaster50

How is Davidson, Zion, Webb and FRA not an easy D2-A schedule? And their specific district only includes Davidson, Zion and FRA(somebody please correct me if that's not right). They win 1 of those 3 and they're in the playoffs... Webb is the only "tough" D2-A game BGA should have imho. But, to each their own.

My bad for the way I phrased it - I meant that BGA has a pretty tough schedule for a D2-A school, not that their district schedule was particularly tough. Obviously, Knox Webb will be a "tough" D2-A game as will, imho, FRA.