2013 Schedules

howdoitknow

Still close with players and Coaches and its sounding like CAK will play us next year. Its a shame we havn't played every year. Could be like Alcoa/Maryville. I think Webb would have won 2009, 2010, CAK in 2011, and this years game would have been very close looking at the Alcoa game.

Agree most likely with 09, 10, and 11. But 2012, seriously? If Alcoa game is your benchmark, and I can see why it would be given that is the only common opponent to gauge by, let's look at what happened. CAK lost once in a nail biter 31-28, due to a great strategy of going for 2 on every PAT by CGR. In the second game, CAK won outright. With all due respect to my friends from Webb, you had one good drive against Alcoa. Your players played valiantly and represented with a lot of heart, playing for 4 full quarters. But it was no nail biter. Please, be realistic if you are going to opine. 2012 would have belonged to Charlie High and the Warriors, just as 09 and 10 would have likely belonged to the Spartans.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as the East is from the West... Is my heart and Webb School ha That is not the reason I don't like playing them though. Love the idea of playing Catholic though.

Why are you not a fan of this series? This could turn into a great rivalry if the games were played every year. Every kid at Webb and every kid at CAK wants this game..bragging rights of dutchtown.

Agree most likely with 09, 10, and 11. But 2012, seriously? If Alcoa game is your benchmark, and I can see why it would be given that is the only common opponent to gauge by, let's look at what happened. CAK lost once in a nail biter 31-28, due to a great strategy of going for 2 on every PAT by CGR. In the second game, CAK won outright. With all due respect to my friends from Webb, you had one good drive against Alcoa. Your players played valiantly and represented with a lot of heart, playing for 4 full quarters. But it was no nail biter. Please, be realistic if you are going to opine. 2012 would have belonged to Charlie High and the Warriors, just as 09 and 10 would have likely belonged to the Spartans.

14-7 with an interception in the end zone thrown by webb in the final seconds sounds like a nail biter to me? CAK won outright by 2 points? On a missed two point conversion? CAK had the better offense, Webb defiantly had the better defense. Webb also was missing 4 starters for that game. With 11 players going both ways and cramping the entire second half you cant tell me those 4 starters would not have made a huge difference, along with better conditiong as the season went on. Ask Alcoa fans they were very nervous as the game went on. Also Aaron Blance was not even half the player he was later in the season. (hadnt played in basically 2 years.) Brand Mitchell is a 6' 3'' 230 lb stud at linebacker, plays on the level of Todd Kelly on defense He coudnt play until the playoffs due to transfer rules. CAK defense was average at best, giving up lots of points to not very good teams. Kingston runs the wing-t a fourth as good as Webb and they put up some numbers on your defense. Don't get me wrong CAK was very good this year but so was Webb. I think it would have been a very good close game.

Why are you not a fan of this series? This could turn into a great rivalry if the games were played every year. Every kid at Webb and every kid at CAK wants this game..bragging rights of dutchtown.

Not a fan, as a general rule, of D1 teams playing D2 teams. I'm not trying to stir a "such and such recruits" ideology, but I've never been a fan of teams that allow need based students to compete in athletics competing against those that don't. Having competed against Webb many years ago, I know that for every 10 students that were not need based there was 1 that was, but as a general rule, the 1 that was was always the best, or 1 of the best, players. I think the fact that the TSSAA now looks at overall record to allow teams into the playoffs even more accentuates my dislike for this game. Hey, I get the "rivalry" or whatever it would be. CAK has been very competitive over the past 10 years with Webb in every sport they've competed in whether its basketball, soccer, baseball, whatever. I just don't like playing in football. Respect what you've done. Lots of people have been knocking your state title this year and I've defended Webb. I'm just not a fan of this series.

Edited by CoachLogan74

Not a fan, as a general rule, of D1 teams playing D2 teams. I'm not trying to stir a "such and such recruits" ideology, but I've been a fan of teams that allow need based students to compete in athletics competing against those that don't. Having competed against Webb many years ago, I know that for every 10 students that were not need based there was 1 that was, but as a general rule, the 1 that was was always the best, or 1 of the best, players. I think the fact that the TSSAA now looks at overall record to allow teams into the playoffs even more accentuates my dislike for this game. Hey, I get the "rivalry" or whatever it would be. CAK has been very competitive over the past 10 years with Webb in every sport they've competed in whether its basketball, soccer, baseball, whatever. I just don't like playing in football. Respect what you've done. Lots of people have been knocking your state title this year and I've defended Webb. I'm just not a fan of this series.

+1

14-7 with an interception in the end zone thrown by webb in the final seconds sounds like a nail biter to me? CAK won outright by 2 points? On a missed two point conversion? CAK had the better offense, Webb defiantly had the better defense. Webb also was missing 4 starters for that game. With 11 players going both ways and cramping the entire second half you cant tell me those 4 starters would not have made a huge difference, along with better conditiong as the season went on. Ask Alcoa fans they were very nervous as the game went on. Also Aaron Blance was not even half the player he was later in the season. (hadnt played in basically 2 years.) Brand Mitchell is a 6' 3'' 230 lb stud at linebacker, plays on the level of Todd Kelly on defense He coudnt play until the playoffs due to transfer rules. CAK defense was average at best, giving up lots of points to not very good teams. Kingston runs the wing-t a fourth as good as Webb and they put up some numbers on your defense. Don't get me wrong CAK was very good this year but so was Webb. I think it would have been a very good close game.

You make fair points, however I was at the game as well. I never felt like Webb was a going to walk away with the victory, except after the first drive which was impressive. After that, Alcoa handled the Webb offense without much problem. Missing starters could effect how close the game was, but that is only speculation as compared to actual game results. ALL teams could point to IF, IF, IF, things would have been different, including CAK in their games with Alcoa, as well as Alcoa in the games with CAK. CAK's defense was below average at times, but when the best players on the team were inserted, it was good enough to get a stop or two on Alcoa, and CAK's offense was about as good as you are going to see in a lowly 3A D1 game. All of this is speculation. These 2 games would have been close for one half. In the end, Webb would have run for a lot of yardage and scored a bunch of points, but they would not have been able to stop the Warrior offense. If you are going to take imaginary victories against CAK in 09 and 10, I feel very comfortable taking imaginary victories against Webb in 11 and 12.

Congratulations on another dominating year and state championship by Webb in your division.

Not a fan, as a general rule, of D1 teams playing D2 teams. I'm not trying to stir a "such and such recruits" ideology, but I've been a fan of teams that allow need based students to compete in athletics competing against those that don't. Having competed against Webb many years ago, I know that for every 10 students that were not need based there was 1 that was, but as a general rule, the 1 that was was always the best, or 1 of the best, players. I think the fact that the TSSAA now looks at overall record to allow teams into the playoffs even more accentuates my dislike for this game. Hey, I get the "rivalry" or whatever it would be. CAK has been very competitive over the past 10 years with Webb in every sport they've competed in whether its basketball, soccer, baseball, whatever. I just don't like playing in football. Respect what you've done. Lots of people have been knocking your state title this year and I've defended Webb. I'm just not a fan of this series.

I was a former Webb defensive back/wide receiver who was a junior/senior the two years we played CAK in 2007, 2008. While you wont believe this as no CAK fan seems to ever believe, Webb does things very similair to CAK when it comes to finacial aid. I had never played football until my freshman year at Webb, Coaches didnt know who I was or what i could do, i didnt even know! I turned out to be one of the better players on the team just through athletic ability and went on to play a little college ball through hard work. Yes i was on scholarship but it wasnt for sports, although every one likes to tell me it was since they know my situation better than i did apparently. If you are a minority and apply to webb and have good test scores and need the money Webb often offers the money if they feel like you add to the diversity and integrity of the school. Rather you can play ball or not. So believe what you must, but me along with multiple other minorities to play at webb recently were not recurited to webb for our athletic ability, our parents wanted us to go to a good school with a good program and our test scores took it from there. Those are the facts sir. Believe what you want just like people outside of CAK in 3A believe what they want about your program. I say line them up and play.

You make fair points, however I was at the game as well. I never felt like Webb was a going to walk away with the victory, except after the first drive which was impressive. After that, Alcoa handled the Webb offense without much problem. Missing starters could effect how close the game was, but that is only speculation as compared to actual game results. ALL teams could point to IF, IF, IF, things would have been different, including CAK in their games with Alcoa, as well as Alcoa in the games with CAK. CAK's defense was below average at times, but when the best players on the team were inserted, it was good enough to get a stop or two on Alcoa, and CAK's offense was about as good as you are going to see in a lowly 3A D1 game. All of this is speculation. These 2 games would have been close for one half. In the end, Webb would have run for a lot of yardage and scored a bunch of points, but they would not have been able to stop the Warrior offense. If you are going to take imaginary victories against CAK in 09 and 10, I feel very comfortable taking imaginary victories against Webb in 11 and 12.

Congratulations on another dominating year and state championship by Webb in your division.

Good points. We will never know for sure sadly. Im simply stating outside of Alcoa, Webb would have been CAK toughest game. Which is true for Webb as well although we did play a tough school out of Georgia. I along with many Webb supporters feel like a second shot at Alcoa with everyone healthy in the playoffs would have been a very close game, closer than the first. Once again I'm not claiming a imaginary victory over CAK or Alcoa this year. The past years those 2009, 2010 Webb teams were very very good, the best ever in my opinion. Webb was down last year and CAK was the best ever that year, until this year where they may have been even better.

I was a former Webb defensive back/wide receiver who was a junior/senior the two years we played CAK in 2007, 2008. While you wont believe this as no CAK fan seems to ever believe, Webb does things very similair to CAK when it comes to finacial aid. I had never played football until my freshman year at Webb, Coaches didnt know who I was or what i could do, i didnt even know! I turned out to be one of the better players on the team just through athletic ability and went on to play a little college ball through hard work. Yes i was on scholarship but it wasnt for sports, although every one likes to tell me it was since they know my situation better than i did apparently. If you are a minority and apply to webb and have good test scores and need the money Webb often offers the money if they feel like you add to the diversity and integrity of the school. Rather you can play ball or not. So believe what you must, but me along with multiple other minorities to play at webb recently were not recurited to webb for our athletic ability, our parents wanted us to go to a good school with a good program and our test scores took it from there. Those are the facts sir. Believe what you want just like people outside of CAK in 3A believe what they want about your program. I say line them up and play.

Wow! I love your story! This is what D2 high school sports is all about. I love the idea of a kid who might not be able to afford an education at Webb, getting to attend, and then getting an opportunity to find out they are also a great athlete! I for one have NO DOUBT that Webb does NOT recruit and plays by the book. Their performance in the class room and on the field speaks for itself.

Realistically though, this is a major difference than had you wanted to go to CAK. If you had, you could have gotten the scholarship, but NEVER had an opportunity to play sports. This is exactly the point. There are many many bright young men who are potentially great athletes who would benefit from a private school environment and flourish academically and athletically, but due to CAK's charter, we will never be allowed to give financial aid to athletes. Bottom line is this is not a level playing field when competing with Webb. Doesn't mean we can't beat you on a given Friday, but this is what coachlogan is referring to, and I know many at CAK see it the same way.

Wow! I love your story! This is what D2 high school sports is all about. I love the idea of a kid who might not be able to afford an education at Webb, getting to attend, and then getting an opportunity to find out they are also a great athlete! I for one have NO DOUBT that Webb does NOT recruit and plays by the book. Their performance in the class room and on the field speaks for itself.

Realistically though, this is a major difference than had you wanted to go to CAK. If you had, you could have gotten the scholarship, but NEVER had an opportunity to play sports. This is exactly the point. There are many many bright young men who are potentially great athletes who would benefit from a private school environment and flourish academically and athletically, but due to CAK's charter, we will never be allowed to give financial aid to athletes. Bottom line is this is not a level playing field when competing with Webb. Doesn't mean we can't beat you on a given Friday, but this is what coachlogan is referring to, and I know many at CAK see it the same way.

Thank you sir. Webb did a lot for me which is why i still follow a lot of my friends and coaches and the program. You are right on. I was interested in attending CAK as well, but I wanted to play sports. So honestly that may be one of the major reasons Webb was chosen over CAK. So i see the point BUT i don't think its as big of a difference as you think. I guess Meske has given all his players the mentality that we are willing to play whoever no matter what. Hints scheduling Maryille, Alcoa, Ensworth, and any Knoxville school that will play us regardless of size or if the recruit or not (which Ensworth clearly does). I guess thats the difference in philosophy and thought process. So i understand, but im glad to see this series return, would have been a great past 4 years if it had never ended.