2013 Schedules

howdoitknow

Thank you sir. Webb did a lot for me which is why i still follow a lot of my friends and coaches and the program. You are right on. I was interested in attending CAK as well, but I wanted to play sports. So honestly that may be one of the major reasons Webb was chosen over CAK. So i see the point BUT i don't think its as big of a difference as you think. I guess Meske has given all his players the mentality that we are willing to play whoever no matter what. Hints scheduling Maryille, Alcoa, Ensworth, and any Knoxville school that will play us regardless of size or if the recruit or not (which Ensworth clearly does). I guess thats the difference in philosophy and thought process. So i understand, but im glad to see this series return, would have been a great past 4 years if it had never ended.

Spartan4Life,

I greatly respect you and what you obviously have learned from the Webb program, both academically and athletically. I have to say, I've known some Webb football players and they were definitely not "recruited", judging by their athletic ability ha, players that were teammates of yours. Like Govolsknox has said, my biggest issue is that while we get junk about "not playing with what gets off the bus" like many claim to do, although teams like Milan and Kingston will not fool me (they're all open zoned just like Alcoa), we can only play with players that can afford $11,000 a year schooling, no easy task for many families in the area. If CAK were to join D2, I can not imagine the talent that would come to our school. Players like the Blances or John Inman from back when I played against Webb. I believe that everything that Webb does goes along with the D2 handbook, that no foul play is involved. I just think that D1 schools will never be on an even playing field with D2 schools, even if a team like a CAK or Alcoa could beat a team like Webb at any given time. Again though, respect to your alma mater, and your teams. I've generally seen at least 1 Webb game a year, and you generally crush who they put in front of you.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spartan4Life,

I greatly respect you and what you obviously have learned from the Webb program, both academically and athletically. I have to say, I've known some Webb football players and they were definitely not "recruited", judging by their athletic ability ha, players that were teammates of yours. Like Govolsknox has said, my biggest issue is that while we get junk about "not playing with what gets off the bus" like many claim to do, although teams like Milan and Kingston will not fool me (they're all open zoned just like Alcoa), we can only play with players that can afford $11,000 a year schooling, no easy task for many families in the area. If CAK were to join D2, I can not imagine the talent that would come to our school. Players like the Blances or John Inman from back when I played against Webb. I believe that everything that Webb does goes along with the D2 handbook, that no foul play is involved. I just think that D1 schools will never be on an even playing field with D2 schools, even if a team like a CAK or Alcoa could beat a team like Webb at any given time. Again though, respect to your alma mater, and your teams. I've generally seen at least 1 Webb game a year, and you generally crush who they put in front of you.

Your points are understood. Webb right now is struggling for depth which has never been such a big issues. Combining CAK/Webb would produce possibly the best team in the state. haha. But in all seriousness Catholic actually gets past this disadvantage of public schools through the Church where i believe they offer their scholarships. Although Catholic has been down as of late. I wish there weren't all these factors in high school sports because Webb for sure and Im sure CAK would love to play area schools. Webb has consistently beat knoxville schools for a decade now and my bets are these past two CAK teams would have done the same.

Your points are understood. Webb right now is struggling for depth which has never been such a big issues. Combining CAK/Webb would produce possibly the best team in the state. haha. But in all seriousness Catholic actually gets past this disadvantage of public schools through the Church where i believe they offer their scholarships. Although Catholic has been down as of late. I wish there weren't all these factors in high school sports because Webb for sure and Im sure CAK would love to play area schools. Webb has consistently beat knoxville schools for a decade now and my bets are these past two CAK teams would have done the same.

You might be my favorite Webb person I've ever talked to... Don't tell the kid who carried the sword your senior year though!

You might be my favorite Webb person I've ever talked to... Don't tell the kid who carried the sword your senior year though!

Haha its always a junior who does that, i can't remember who it was that year. Not all Webb people are stuck up, just some lol. But regardless I will be hoping for CAK to help dutchtown continue to look better. That's 5 championships in the past 4 years. If you include Catholic and go Cedar Bluff that is 6 in 5 years.

Edited by Spartan4Life

my biggest issue is that while we get junk about "not playing with what gets off the bus" like many claim to do, although teams like Milan and Kingston will not fool me (they're all open zoned just like Alcoa),

HA Man do I wish you were even close. There is a lot of really good talent around here a lot playing for rival schools. Man I do wish we were open zone, Im glad were not fooling you, take a look at our roster if you will before making foolish comments like that, not one of those kids lives outside Milan. It is incredible and speaks volumes about our program that you would say something like that. Thank you.

HA Man do I wish you were even close. There is a lot of really good talent around here a lot playing for rival schools. Man I do wish we were open zone, Im glad were not fooling you, take a look at our roster if you will before making foolish comments like that, not one of those kids lives outside Milan. It is incredible and speaks volumes about our program that you would say something like that. Thank you.

I find it slightly creepy that your roster lists addresses of its players...? Thats what I'm inferring from your "take a look at our roster" comment...

This is a thread for schedules not a thread to discuss "publics/privates" or "Webb vs CAK".

Who will CAK be playing in their "non-district" games? How about Alcoa? Both teams are in "smaller districts" and had to pick up several non-district games I know.

CPA has a tough district with Giles, Marshall, and Page all being good. Their non district games against Brentwood and Milan will also be very tough. Maplewood, Hillwood, and Whites Creek will all be very athletic. The Lions 2013 schedule looks to be a major challenge.

I did notice that CPA will no longer be playing Goodpasture and/or Lipscomb in the coming years. Now with DCA, Goodpasture, and Lipscomb all removed from the schedule the CPA "natural rivalry" games have all disappeared.

This is a thread for schedules not a thread to discuss "publics/privates" or "Webb vs CAK".

Who will CAK be playing in their "non-district" games? How about Alcoa? Both teams are in "smaller districts" and had to pick up several non-district games I know.

CPA has a tough district with Giles, Marshall, and Page all being good. Their non district games against Brentwood and Milan will also be very tough. Maplewood, Hillwood, and Whites Creek will all be very athletic. The Lions 2013 schedule looks to be a major challenge.

I did notice that CPA will no longer be playing Goodpasture and/or Lipscomb in the coming years. Now with DCA, Goodpasture, and Lipscomb all removed from the schedule the CPA "natural rivalry" games have all disappeared.

That Webb/CAK conversation had been dead for a couple days now. And CAK schedule Webb for a non-district game that's why the conversation started. But alright man, next time we will make sure to keep it out of "Schedules 2014", would hate to inconvenience you again.

New district = new rivarlies

That Webb/CAK conversation had been dead for a couple days now. And CAK schedule Webb for a non-district game that's why the conversation started. But alright man, next time we will make sure to keep it out of "Schedules 2014", would hate to inconvenience you again.

Go to the D2 thread and quit proving yourself to be a jerk!

Guest Termite

Smith County's schedule.

Alcoa-Gordonsville-Cookville-Warren Co.-Upperman-Dekalb Co.-Macon Co.-Cannon Co.-York-and Livingston Acad.,

Alcoa-Livingston-Gordonsville-Cookville-Dekalb Co.-York will all present a challenge for a SC team with a lot of holes to fill. Especially on defense,. .