MY FINAL 2012 CLASS 3A TOP TEN POLL...........ENJOY

howdoitknow

Kingston over Elizabethton, Sullivan North, Milan, CPA, and Cheatham County????? I am sorry but I have to respectfully disagree.

The team that played us toughest next to Alcoa was Kingston. They held us to 8-0 halftime score and it was 16-7 with 6mins left in the game and they were driving but turned it over on downs when we were able to stop them. On this ensuing possession we went up 23-7 with around 5mins left in the game.

They controlled the ball against us with long slow methodical drives that consumed the clock. Something nobody else could do.

If we played Kingston in the third round or finals.....they'd be given the respect they deserve. The only reason they aren't being ranked higher, is because they had the misfortune of playing us earliest in the playoffs (after Loudon...but prior to Betsy and Milan).

Edited by BRPro

1.CAK 2.Alcoa 3.Milan period end of sentence Milan and elizabethton would be a great game but who knows who would win!! I graduated from Milan in 98 and yes we won state that year!!! I now live in maryville!!!

Welcome to Maryville! I too am from Milan and live here now. Also, Jeff Smith is here as well...his boys all played at Maryville, and mine is a frosh in the system now!

i was 16 when milan beat maryville in the 1977 state championship 28-6. had to play on alcoa's field because something was wrong with maryville's lights. far as i know, that's the only time milan and maryville ever played.

You are correct on them playing only once...at least according to the Maryville program. I was 6 when they played, just a young pup dreaming of playing at Johnnie Hale one day.

1. CAK

2. Alcoa

3. Kingston

4. Elizabethton

5. Milan

Since Loudon (6-5) beat Kingston 28-0, I think Loudon should be number one based on your reasoning. Kingston was 7-5 this year with the ONLY quality win coming against Polk County. Three of the six regular season wins were against teams in Single A.

Since Loudon (6-5) beat Kingston 28-0, I think Loudon should be number one based on your reasoning. Kingston was 7-5 this year with the ONLY quality win coming against Polk County. Three of the six regular season wins were against teams in Single A.

Of the five losses, three were to Alcoa and CAK. A very good Lenoir City team (9 wins) and a good Loudon team (3 of their losses were also to Alcoa and CAK).

If they played Alcoa and CAK 10 times, they might have 10 losses. It doesn't mean they aren't the third best team.

Edited by BRPro

Your logic seems to be of the mindset of scheduling a bunch of patsy's to go undefeated so you can claim to be the best.

I personally don't believe a random team with the fewest losses is the best (unless they win the playoffs of course). I consider who a teams play and who their losses come against.

Edited by BRPro