2013 BRAC

IronMask22

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the CD/Grainger game. CD gave up 2 HR's. CD put the ball in play but couldn't piece together hits. Grainger pitched the LH Bates kid who went 7 and gave up 3 hits and 1 walk. McCamey and Barkley pitched for CD and gave up 11 hits and 5 walks. Grainger looked pretty good I hope to see them play Greeneville and South Greene because I think those three will be at the top of the district.

Where does everyone stand at this point?

Greeneville and Grainger seem to be as expected.

SG seems to be playing above their heads at this point.

WG seem to be up and down, but a team that may be there

CD is a circus at this point

CG just beat Greeneville if I saw correctly, but not sure on them yet.

Claibrone seems to be out of the running at this point.

Any ideas and thoughts on anyone who has seen these teams play? Play ball and race should be interesting down the road.

Zach Finchum was pitching for Greeneville in the CG game and was seriously injured by a broken bat hitting him in the neck and face. He had cuts on his neck and his jaw was broken in 8 places. he was taken to Middlesboro, KY to the hospital and flown to Knoxville where he had surgery today. Please keep him and his family in your prayers.

Prayers for Zach. Evidently he was pitching and a kid hit a ball, the bat broke and the barrel flew to the mound hitting him in the face. The coach said in the paper the bat didn't break even, that's what a composite handle will do.

CD really didn't play bad last night against Grainger they made some nice plays but their pitching was killed. They put the bat on the ball, but like the paper said, everything was a fly ball or ground ball that Grainger made the plays on. The Grainger pitcher threw a lot of off speed stuff and CD was out on their front feet trying to hit. When they got fastballs they were way behind and fouled them off. Paper said the kid threw 69 pitches in 7 innings which would question hitting patience. Heck, the worse thing I saw in the paper was the coach saying 'we don't have a left handed pitcher so we don't see it much and we can't hit a lefty'. Really coach, you want to tell everyone that?