BRAC 2013

GreenPap

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Greene is scrappy but they lost a lot to graduation. Greeneville is loaded as is Chuckey Doak. I have not seen all the teams play yet, like Grainger, Gap and Claiborne. But Greeneville and Chuckey Doak look like either one could run away with it. West Greene still improving too. We should know more soon. I love watching it unfold. Basketball that is.

After watching S Greene and Greeneville last night I think I will go with Cd as the best in Greene county. CD is loaded with talent. Greeneville has a good bench, which was the difference against a young team like S Greene. CD should handle Greeneville easily. Will be a good matchup. Hope to see them play each other. I still have not watched Grainger Gap or Claiborne. Just the Greene Cty teams.

I think CD is a solid basketball team despite the OT game vs Claiborne. SG may be "down" but they play hard. Did any one see the CD vs WG game on Tuesday? I thought WG was right there and then came out flat after halftime. I feel bad for the coach there. It looks like he works hard and Ive heard some good things about him in and around Greene County, but he just doesn't seem to get anything in return.? Thoughts?

I think CD is a solid basketball team despite the OT game vs Claiborne. SG may be "down" but they play hard. Did any one see the CD vs WG game on Tuesday? I thought WG was right there and then came out flat after halftime. I feel bad for the coach there. It looks like he works hard and Ive heard some good things about him in and around Greene County, but he just doesn't seem to get anything in return.? Thoughts?

The coach at West Greene is definitely doing good things there. I do think he is getting something in return though: improvement. If you were to watch the majority of the juniors and seniors when they were freshman, you would've thought that they wouldn't have been in a single game this year - including the ones against soft competition. Furthermore, West Greene is starting a freshman at point guard with their normal starter out with an injury, and their sixth man is a freshman too. For them to be in games is saying something not only about the coach, but about the players as well. I really think this team will pull off a suprising win by the end of the season - they've just got to learn to play a full game instead of one half.

You hit the nail on the head with the word improvement. The players are working hard... I just hope that they stay working hard and don't quit or get discouraged because they are not winning on a regular basis. I also believe that they will get a surprise win before the year is over. Do you think the coach will stay and continue trying to turn the program around?

You hit the nail on the head with the word improvement. The players are working hard... I just hope that they stay working hard and don't quit or get discouraged because they are not winning on a regular basis. I also believe that they will get a surprise win before the year is over. Do you think the coach will stay and continue trying to turn the program around?

To be honest, I'm not sure. I don't know the coach well enough to say one way or another with very much confidence. My heart says that he will stay for awhile because of the group that he has coming up. However, I can't say for certain.

West Greene got beat tonight by South Greene. Good game, but South Greene came up with a little more in the second half and hit quite a few more threes in the game than West Greene (or at least it seemed like it).

I went to Grainger last night and seen Greeneville put a beat down on the Grizzlies. It was close in the first half but Greeneville turned up the defense in the second half and Grainger didn't score in the first six minutes. No. 24 for Grainger hit some 3's until we decided to guard him. When they got someone close it shut him down. I'm not sure what kind of offense Grainger is trying to run but there aren't many picks and they strand the point guard a lot and he throws up a lot of wild stuff in the lane. I'm really surprised this team beat South Greene. They have no defense in the middle and don't rebound. They have a big kid that's really soft. On the other hand, Greeneville was draining the 3's, most of the time wide open. Good game for the Devils.

I saw the cd and grainger game on fri night. The game was controlled by grainger up until late in the 4th quarter. They had as much as a 15 point lead. The only player on cd that stood out was the pg. Turnovers was the difference in the game. Greeneville is definitely the best in the district.

Irnhead, I seen the cd/grainger game as well and I agree the only cd player that stood out to me was the pg. No. 12 was supposed to be a good shooter but evidently had a bad night. I sat near some grainger fans and they told me that they had 3 sophmores on the court most of the night. They had a big kid, probably 6'6 or 6'7 and he made the inside shot when they got the ball to him, but he turned the ball over a lot and wasn't much on defense or boards. 31 was good on defense and seemed like got 1/4 of their points from free throws. They didn't hit many 3's. If they were playing 3 sophmores they may be good in a year or 2. I would definitely agree that Greeneville is the team to beat. I hear that Gap isn't bad and played them close the first time but I don't see that happening again.

Irnhead, I seen the cd/grainger game as well and I agree the only cd player that stood out to me was the pg. No. 12 was supposed to be a good shooter but evidently had a bad night. I sat near some grainger fans and they told me that they had 3 sophmores on the court most of the night. They had a big kid, probably 6'6 or 6'7 and he made the inside shot when they got the ball to him, but he turned the ball over a lot and wasn't much on defense or boards. 31 was good on defense and seemed like got 1/4 of their points from free throws. They didn't hit many 3's. If they were playing 3 sophmores they may be good in a year or 2. I would definitely agree that Greeneville is the team to beat. I hear that Gap isn't bad and played them close the first time but I don't see that happening again.

It seems like GreenPap only goes to Grainger games.