MHS-Whitehaven : a question

notredame66

Congrats to both teams that played there hearts out tonight ..

Okay NO disrespect to Coach Q but let me ask you, when you score in the OT would you have gone for the 2 pt play ????

My thing is YES go for the 2 pts ( ya tried in regulation ) only reason i would have gone for it is the fact if DaHaven scores they may go for the 2 pt conversion to win outright and they did....

If your DaHaven why not go for the win, you have the one of the best running backs ever in the state of Tn and MHS couldnt stop him all night-easy call to make ...

So good call for MHS to kick it or should you have gone for the 2 pts

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to both teams that played there hearts out tonight ..

Okay NO disrespect to Coach Q but let me ask you, when you score in the OT would you have gone for the 2 pt play ????

My thing is YES go for the 2 pts ( ya tried in regulation ) only reason i would have gone for it is the fact if DaHaven scores they may go for the 2 pt conversion to win outright and they did....

If your DaHaven why not go for the win, you have the one of the best running backs ever in the state of Tn and MHS couldnt stop him all night-easy call to make ...

So good call for MHS to kick it or should you have gone for the 2 pts

You always kick , would be foolish to try for 2 when you go first ... the TD from 10yds was no guarantee .... but if they do score then a xp wins the game because you tried something you didn't have to . Plus we'd already thrown out the secret , special , super deluxe 2 point play

Here is a better question for you. Why didn't Whitehaven spike the ball with the clock running down at the ten yard line and attempt a field goal that would have negated the need for an overtime rather than trying to run it in from the ten when they only had time for one play? Their kicker seemed to have the leg. I think you kick on that first possession in overtime; if you go for two and miss Whitehaven kicks pat for the win and has no pressure in having to go for two. The refs were clueless the entire game both ways. Just so happened once it took the winning points off the board for us. We missed opprotunities though. The fumble inside the five that would have put us 14-0 was a killer. And before you say it ND no whinning here, it happens. We have been in 6A four years and have two gold balls and two silver I will take that. BTW Whitehaven (at least some of them) blamed the refs last year when they lost by 16. We'll be back. We always are, right?

Edited by mhs

Here is a better question for you. Why didn't Whitehaven spike the ball with the clock running down at the ten yard line and attempt a field goal that would have negated the need for an overtime rather than trying to run it in from the ten when they only had time for one play? Their kicker seemed to have the leg. I think you kick on that first possession in overtime; if you go for two and miss Whitehaven kicks pat for the win and has no pressure in having to go for two. The refs were clueless the entire game both ways. Just so happened once it took the winning points off the board for us. We missed opprotunities though. The fumble inside the five that would have put us 14-0 was a killer. And before you say it ND no whinning here, it happens. We have been in 6A four years and have two gold balls and two silver I will take that. BTW Whitehaven (at least some of them) blamed the refs last year when they lost by 16. We'll be back. We always are, right?

Oh i have no doubt MHS you will be back - in fact would be shocked if you were not back -

PEPVOL - i agree you showed you hand on the 2 pt that called back - but had to think DaHaven trys to go for the WIN if they score ( why not Dodson ) is a beast ...

You always kick , would be foolish to try for 2 when you go first ... the TD from 10yds was no guarantee .... but if they do score then a xp wins the game because you tried something you didn't have to . Plus we'd already thrown out the secret , special , super deluxe 2 point play

Just read Tennessean and your coach said he should have went for 2 in OT

Still great season MHS !