Tri-County Seven- Week #2

coachh17

There are some changes in the rankings this week. Please update your teams' schedules on CoachT.

1. Elizabethton- (AA) (5-1)- Had a good week beating a good Alcoa team by 21 and a tough Hampton squad by 5. The Lady Cyclones have a lot of weapons and as many as six players could lead them in scoring on a given night. I believe they travel to Clinton Monday and host Johnson County on Friday. They should be favored in both games.

2. Hampton- (A) (5-3)- Coach Tolley's Lady Dogs are playing a tough early schedule which will pay off later. They beat Happy Valley by 3 and lost a tough one to Elizabethton Friday. They are led by guards Alexis Bowers and Dorothy Dugger. This team is a contender to reach Murfreesboro if they stay healthy.

3. Cloudland- (A) (1-2)- If they are playing, the games are not listed on CoachT. I will leave them here until somebody knocks them off.

4. Unicoi County- (AA) (2-3)- Beat Unaka by 10 to start their way back up. Have a tough game Saturday at Sullivan South.

5. Happy Valley- (AA) (3-4)- Lost to Hampton by 3 and beat Unaka by 3. They have good guard play and will be dangerous all season long.

6. Unaka- (A) (1-3)- Lost tough games to Unicoi and Happy Valley to fall into the six spot. They are competitive, but are not quite over the hump yet. Join Cloudland in a tournament in Bristol, Virginia this week.

7. Johnson County- (AA) (0-3)- Not posting scores so I am unsure how they are doing. They may have beaten Tri-Cities Christian. At Elizabethton Friday for a stiff test.

Edited by coachh17

There are some changes in the rankings this week. Please update your teams' schedules on CoachT.

1. Elizabethton- (AA) (5-1)- Had a good week beating a good Alcoa team by 21 and a tough Hampton squad by 5. The Lady Cyclones have a lot of weapons and as many as six players could lead them in scoring on a given night. I believe they travel to Clinton Monday and host Johnson County on Friday. They should be favored in both games.

2. Hampton- (A) (5-3)- Coach Tolley's Lady Dogs are playing a tough early schedule which will pay off later. They beat Happy Valley by 3 and lost a tough one to Elizabethton Friday. They are led by guards Alexis Bowers and Dorothy Dugger. This team is a contender to reach Murfreesboro if they stay healthy.

3. Cloudland- (A) (1-2)- If they are playing, the games are not listed on CoachT. I will leave them here until somebody knocks them off.

4. Unicoi County- (AA) (2-3)- Beat Unaka by 10 to start their way back up. Have a tough game Saturday at Sullivan South.

5. Happy Valley- (AA) (3-4)- Lost to Hampton by 3 and beat Unaka by 3. They have good guard play and will be dangerous all season long.

6. Unaka- (A) (1-3)- Lost tough games to Unicoi and Happy Valley to fall into the six spot. They are competitive, but are not quite over the hump yet. Join Cloudland in a tournament in Bristol, Virginia this week.

7. Johnson County- (AA) (0-3)- Not posting scores so I am unsure how they are doing. They may have beaten Tri-Cities Christian. At Elizabethton Friday for a stiff test.

Well, coach, not a lot of talking going on right now. I think your rankings are fairly accurated. Our Landers would have been hard pressed to beat Hampton even if Clarke and Johnson were out there. Its just as hard to replace good defenders as it is good scorers and Miller, Hughes, and Chambers were the best. The young new guards are going to have to take it up a notch to beat Hampton or North Greene this year.

Things are awful quiet this year. People just do not seem to be as interested anymore.

The only way to get people on here is to engage in some kind of whine fest or call someone's kid fat or dirty. Last year it was the transfer ordeals that got everyone stirred up. It is possible to talk basketball without arguing. :)
  • Upvote 1

The only way to get people on here is to engage in some kind of whine fest or call someone's kid fat or dirty. Last year it was the transfer ordeals that got everyone stirred up. It is possible to talk basketball without arguing. :)

There is no arguing here. :huh: Just "loudly" discussing the same action with differing view points with passion, and most of the time, rose colored glasses on. Same action, one fan sees a dribble as carrying; the other sees it as great handles and ankle breaker.

Should we ever put down or bad talk another player, team or school for how they play? Give credit to the players of both teams for their dedication and work. I am IN NO WAY saying everyone deserves a trophy for just showing up. Earn it and be proud of earning it. I cannot remember who's quote this is but "the best way to get my team better, is for ME to get better"

Oh, it will get exciting when one team loses because of a ref's "cheating" and "terrible calls" or someone gets beat by 40 and the 3rd string is still pressing.

Haven't heard fro E-town Sparky. Hope all is well.

All is well as far as I know. I haven't been on because I haven't seen that many teams play yet and I don't know much about some of the teams. I think EHS has to be the TRC favorite since all five starters return. However, they seem to be a little erratic so far though. On a given night, they can beat anyone. On another night, they could be beaten by almost anyone. They need an upperclassman to emerge as a leader.

Lady Cyclones take care of the longhorns. Haven't heard anything on the Landers and ranger games.

All is well as far as I know. I haven't been on because I haven't seen that many teams play yet and I don't know much about some of the teams. I think EHS has to be the TRC favorite since all five starters return. However, they seem to be a little erratic so far though. On a given night, they can beat anyone. On another night, they could be beaten by almost anyone. They need an upperclassman to emerge as a leader.