2013 HUNTINGDON MUSTANGS

34ME

Certainly no offense intended to any other Mustang players but if I had to pick one as greatest it would have to be between Larry Stewart and Tim Priest.. I didn't play against Stewart but saw him and well, he was an Alpha pony!!!!!! I did have the misfortune of playing against Tim Priest and that was a nightmare to put it bluntly. Tim was the QB on offense and DB (safety I think it was) on defense. He excelled on both sides of the ball. (That would lend to a comparison between him and the Warbrittons). I'm not sure where but Stewart went on to play college ball somewhere (in Texas at one of those schools l believe.....one of you Mustang faithful help me with that one) and Tim Priest had a stellar career as a DB for the UT Vols and of course works on the radio crew for the Vols now. He's a lawyer in Knoxville I believe.

Edited by duckman38201

Bobby played at UTM and was a fullback. Great one too. He had a knee injury in a game his senior season that basically ended his career even though the Broncos did draft him. Goat (Hayes) deserves to be on the list. I also agree that Chris and Terrance deserve to be on it. I didn't get to watch Terrance much in HS but watched most all home games while he was at Bethel. He's the #2 all time running back at Bethel. He shared the backfield with the #1 all time running back. What a duo to watch!!!!

Bobby started out at Ole Miss.

Certainly no offense intended to any other Mustang players but if I had to pick one as greatest it would have to be between Larry Stewart and Tim Priest.. I didn't play against Stewart but saw him and well, he was an Alpha pony!!!!!! I did have the misfortune of playing against Tim Priest and that was a nightmare to put it bluntly. Tim was the QB on offense and DB (safety I think it was) on defense. He excelled on both sides of the ball. (That would lend to a comparison between him and the Warbrittons). I'm not sure where but Stewart went on to play college ball somewhere (in Texas at one of those schools l believe.....one of you Mustang faithful help me with that one) and Tim Priest had a stellar career as a DB for the UT Vols and of course works on the radio crew for the Vols now. He's a lawyer in Knoxville I believe.

I was told Texas A&M , Had a bad car wreck a nite or two before the first game he was going to make his first start and never got to play in college Edited by rb42

I was told Texas A&M , Had a bad car wreck a nite or two before the first game he was going to make his first start and never got to play in college

I kind of thought it was A&M but wasn't sure. I did know Stewart got cut short on his college career and I was at the game that goat got his knee hurt at UTM and never recovered to give the Broncos a real try. I didn't remember him going to Ole Miss first??? I thought that might have been Warren Blankenship??

Read in the paper Kent Jones was retiring from the radio. He was ask who some of the best players were he seen during his tme." Reggie Gordon was the best defensive player I every saw" Jones said. Jake Warbritton was maybe the toughest Tim Priest was one the best he had ever saw and Warbritton was right there with him. Who do you think are some of the best Mustangs ever.

It would be hard to argue with Kent's list. Reggie Gordon was for a fact a beast. There have been 3 Warbrittons that I know of play for the Mustangs and all three were top of the line players. BUT there are 2 that stand out glaringly. Tim Priest and Larry Stewart. IMHO, Gordon and the Warbritton clan are WAY up the list likely just below Stewart and Priest. True, I'm an "outsider" "across the creek" observer but, I saw 'em all and played against a couple of 'em and I haven't missed the mark much if any at all.

Kent is older than I am so all these are in his "time".

Heard alot about Stewart but never seen him play. Seen him at the Huntingdon/Milan game a couple of years ago,he looked like he could still suit up and play and he was around 70 then.

Stewart was for real and likely you never saw Priest play either. The oldest of the Warbrittons played with Priest too so you probably missed two great ones there. Now Kent has no excuse for being slack on them other than he's older than dirt (and me) LOL but he'll remember both. I can talk about Kent some and mess with him since I have known him since I was a kid and only live 2 blocks from him so.......! He even used to be the voice of the Rebels so there!! LOL

Bobby started out at Ole Miss.

I was told Texas A&M , Had a bad car wreck a nite or two before the first game he was going to make his first start and never got to play in college

I kind of thought it was A&M but wasn't sure. I did know Stewart got cut short on his college career and I was at the game that goat got his knee hurt at UTM and never recovered to give the Broncos a real try. I didn't remember him going to Ole Miss first??? I thought that might have been Warren Blankenship??