Anyone familiar with rules please respond

MTscouter

its a tssaa rule so it doesn't matter if its private to public or public to private. As with all rules there can be exceptions for special circumstances. Using your example if a kids family could no longer afford the tuition and that was the only reason the kid was leaving the private school they could apply for a waiver and most likely it would be approved.

If your transferring from a public to a private you have to sit a year. But if your gong from private to public do this Enid's still have to sit? Like they can't afford Turin or something like that? What's the rules for privates to public transferees

I seen you postin' this all over the place, so I don't know if yer really lookin' fer an answer or just trollin', but I'll take the bait. <_<

Eligibility of transfers has to to do with school "territory". For publics, the "territory" is defined by the local school board and is kinda like the school "zone", but not exactly. For privates, the "territory" is a 20 mile radius of the school as the crow flies.

If a transfer student (public to private or private to public) has an "athletic record", there are only two ways he/she can be immediately eligible to play sports.

1. The family changes residence. The old residence has to be inside the territory of the old school and outside the territory of the new school.
AND
, the new residence has to be outside the territory of the old school and inside the terrritory of the new school. Sometimes the territory of a private completely overlaps the territory of a public, making it impossible to satisfy this rule. If there is a valid reason for the transfer (ie. can't afford the tuition any more), that Childress boy (who I don't like so much, by the way) might grant a "hardship", but I wouldn't hold my breath.

2. The parent becomes a full time employee of the new school.

There are some change of guardianship rules, but only a brave few try that gambit.
;) Edited by MountainTroll

I seen you postin' this all over the place, so I don't know if yer really lookin' fer an answer or just trollin', but I'll take the bait. <_<

Eligibility of transfers has to to do with school "territory". For publics, the "territory" is defined by the local school board and is kinda like the school "zone", but not exactly. For privates, the "territory" is a 20 mile radius of the school as the crow flies.

If a transfer student (public to private or private to public) has an "athletic record", there are only two ways he/she can be immediately eligible to play sports.

1. The family changes residence. The old residence has to be inside the territory of the old school and outside the territory of the new school.
AND
, the new residence has to be outside the territory of the old school and inside the terrritory of the new school. Sometimes the territory of a private completely overlaps the territory of a public, making it impossible to satisfy this rule. If there is a valid reason for the transfer (ie. can't afford the tuition any more), that Childress boy (who I don't like so much, by the way) might grant a "hardship", but I wouldn't hold my breath.

2. The parent becomes a full time employee of the new school.

There are some change of guardianship rules, but only a brave few try that gambit.
;)

And always make sure that the papers are filled out correctly right Troll

this happened a few years ago. A fullback won a state title at lipscomb, got kicked out of lipscomb , and ended up at Ravenwood (his zoned school) where he won another state title

If a student gets expelled from private school I mean gets kicked out and don’t come back a letter to the TSSAA. Will get you cleared to play at a public school. Only the school your are zoned for.

this happened a few years ago. A fullback won a state title at lipscomb, got kicked out of lipscomb , and ended up at Ravenwood (his zoned school) where he won another state title

A letter from the previous principal stating that they are clear to play will suffice if transferring and not moving residence. Current rule interpretation as based on a case this fall is that if a student is suspended or expelled at a school, therefore transferring to another school in any zone in this state, the principal of the original school has the right to refuse to write the letter of athletic calendar or eligibility and may, therefore, deny that athlete the right to play a their new school for up to one calendar year from their last date of competition in a TSSAA sanctioned athletic event.