Sumner County?

donhaney

I was talking with some guys last week and we trying to figure out just how many schools compete in Sumner County? I thought it was like 5-7... if so, for the size of the county, this has to be one of the most successful football counties in Tennessee?

Would someone be kind enough to list the schools from Sumner County?

Posted by donhaney:

I was talking with some guys last week and we trying to figure out just how many schools compete in Sumner County? I thought it was like 5-7... if so, for the size of the county, this has to be one of the most successful football counties in Tennessee?

Would someone be kind enough to list the schools from Sumner County?

Gallatin--Hendersonville--Beech--White House---Portland--Westmoreland. All six teams make the playoffs most every year. Gallatin, White House, and Portland all have state titles (5 in all) and all three plus Hendersonville have multiple runners-up finishes.

There are currently the eight schools mentioned in this thread so far: GHS, HHS, BHS, WHHS, PHS, WHS, SCHS, and JPII. There is potential that another public may be added in the very near future. A new magnet school will open Fall 2003 with grades 5-9, adding grades 4 & 10 in 2004, 3 & 11 in 2005, and so on. They plan to have a full athletic program, so football may be added here also. (Not sure.) They will be called the Hawks and have the colors of blue and gold.