Spring Hill Coaching Job

jklivin

So reading between the lines of your quote: THEY NEED TO HIRE SOMEONE WITH MANY YEARS EXPERIENCE AS A HEAD COACH?

Few of those that have been mentioned for the job has multiple years as a HEAD COACH. I would suggest they have two options to consider, GO YOUNG with Hoath or OLD with an experienced head coach.

Who do you have in mind?

I have nothing in mind, really. Just looking over the situation, it appears that the decision is one of youth or experience. From the mouths of other coaches around the area, SH is in a dire financial situation and in need of someone who can both fund raise, build a team, work with young coaches. To me, all that adds up to an experienced person to run the program. However, reading LeRoyBrowns post, the decision has already been made. I don't have the inside as he professes, but if he is correct, then through my friends in Marshall County, I am glad turchetta is going to get another chance. If he is correct?

I didn't necessarily say they have had talent to sign D1, but the ability is there. Harlan, before his issue, was a D1 prospect. Tiny Richardson, who got stolen away by Ensworth, is from there. Marco Dailey was a special talent, not sure where or if he signed anywhere. He did bring in some Mr. Football awards. I saw their basketball team play recently. They could easily compete in 12-AA, and that's without Harlan. Athletes all over the place there.

Agree that Mt. Pleasant is a much better job when it comes to talent and physical size. If a coach wants to consitantly make the playoffs and have a chance for state titles Mt. Pleasant would be preferable over Spring Hill now and in the foreseeable future.

Edited by W.I.T.

Agree that Mt. Pleasant is a much better job when it comes to talent and physical size. If a coach wants to consitantly make the playoffs and have a chance for state titles Mt. Pleasant would be preferable over Spring Hill now and in the foreseeable future.

I didn't say it was a better job, or that they had more talent, just that it's a great place to consistently win at, due to the talent level and size of school. I think Spring Hill is also full of talent and will have no trouble getting back in the win column as soon as Tur....... uh, I mean the new coach is in place.

I didn't say it was a better job, or that they had more talent, just that it's a great place to consistently win at, due to the talent level and size of school. I think Spring Hill is also full of talent and will have no trouble getting back in the win column as soon as Tur....... uh, I mean the new coach is in place.

Is that a Freudian slip? Or do you have knowledge that he is the choice?

Good for those kids, at least they now have a proven leader steering the ship.

As an acquaintence of turchetta's through other friends - thanks for being positive - and sometimes everyone forgets that in the middle of all of this are the kids - and I agree with your statement!

Edited by burgnova68