David Martin Out at GP

Hoganknows

Maybe I'm not understanding your case.

1.) You think Coach Martin should not have been retained because __________. He didn't "coach up" the talent. Winning 3 state titles does not qualify

2.) You think not retaining Coach Martin, and hiring a coach with a losing overall record was a good thing.

3.) You believe that Goodpasture should compare itself to CPA. I believe that No one can or should compare themselves to CPA. CPA has a basketball coach that is director of admissions. Who else has that? CPA had a transfer from Greenbrier that was magically eligible, and now his parents are back in Greenbrier. CPA takes a kid who is failing 5 classes at MBA, then holds him back, and is their next big superstar.

Your argument of "how many titles has Goodpasture won in 3A" is invalid. Goodpasture has 3 state titles in 2A. CPA has 2 titles in 1A.

Are you a Goodpasture fan? Disgruntled parent? You are obviously not a Coach Martin supporter which is fine. However, not retaining him be careful what you wish for.

I honestly don't know why people keep saying that Coach Martin got let go because he can't coach. That is absolutley not the reason and at this point it does not really matter anymore because I think that both sides would probably agree that they are happier now.

Maybe I'm not understanding your case.

1.) You think Coach Martin should not have been retained because __________. He didn't "coach up" the talent. Winning 3 state titles does not qualify

2.) You think not retaining Coach Martin, and hiring a coach with a losing overall record was a good thing.

3.) You believe that Goodpasture should compare itself to CPA. I believe that No one can or should compare themselves to CPA. CPA has a basketball coach that is director of admissions. Who else has that? CPA had a transfer from Greenbrier that was magically eligible, and now his parents are back in Greenbrier. CPA takes a kid who is failing 5 classes at MBA, then holds him back, and is their next big superstar.

Your argument of "how many titles has Goodpasture won in 3A" is invalid. Goodpasture has 3 state titles in 2A. CPA has 2 titles in 1A.

Are you a Goodpasture fan? Disgruntled parent? You are obviously not a Coach Martin supporter which is fine. However, not retaining him be careful what you wish for.

2minutedrill, honestly I just like debating you and John John. As far as Coach Martin, I;m not a supporter or hater, However I do respect what he did at GP, you can:t argue with his success. I would ask the question of why does GP replace Martin with a 500 coach. Just like I was discussing with JJ on another thread, time will give us all the answers we need. If this new coach fails to win more than half his games, then I'm sure he won't be the only one replaced. However if he goes out and goes to state next year, I;m sure you will be the first to offer congrats.

Nope. Not going to Stewarts Creek. I am not a Goodpasture Alum so I already have my own school that I cheer for. I honestly think that the sooner Goodpasture cleans house with the admin the better. I see it going the way of Davidson. The location has hurt it for years and honestly I would say within the next 3 or 4 years it will be Davidson Part II.

Nope. Not going to Stewarts Creek. I am not a Goodpasture Alum so I already have my own school that I cheer for. I honestly think that the sooner Goodpasture cleans house with the admin the better. I see it going the way of Davidson. The location has hurt it for years and honestly I would say within the next 3 or 4 years it will be Davidson Part II.

Too much talent and too good of coaches in other sports to be mentioned as Davidson. While I do not agree with the coaching change in football, I do think they have set themselves up for success. Moving down to Single A in all sports and AA in football is an advantage. Boys and Girls Basketball will both be good next year, and baseball and softball at Gpasture takes 2nd place to no one. Football is down for now, but even a down year at Gpasture is a good year from some schools.

Davidson had about a 5 year period where they were relevant in football in Division II, other than that era, they were a middle of the road football program. Other than that, historically they have been less competitive except for a baseball title and some softball success. When the Legates left for CPA to become Maddux followers, it also hurt the girls basketball program. Boys basketball just hasn't had the talent to compete since the late 90s.

Too much talent and too good of coaches in other sports to be mentioned as Davidson. While I do not agree with the coaching change in football, I do think they have set themselves up for success. Moving down to Single A in all sports and AA in football is an advantage. Boys and Girls Basketball will both be good next year, and baseball and softball at Gpasture takes 2nd place to no one. Football is down for now, but even a down year at Gpasture is a good year from some schools.

Davidson had about a 5 year period where they were relevant in football in Division II, other than that era, they were a middle of the road football program. Other than that, historically they have been less competitive except for a baseball title and some softball success. When the Legates left for CPA to become Maddux followers, it also hurt the girls basketball program. Boys basketball just hasn't had the talent to compete since the late 90s.

You sound like you have a good knowledge of the football program. What kind of changes do you see if any as far as scheme? Offense and defense? Who are the top returning players? Do you feel that Goodpasture will have any say so on the 2a race? I will miss some of the Goodpasture and Milam battles over the last few years in 3a.