Tri-County Seven- Week #5

coachh17

Dorman has a 7-2 record posting a 6-0 home record only have 3 seniors mostly a junior team with 7, K. webb a junior leads team with 17.6 pts/gm followed by Sr. C. samuel 14.1they avg 63 pts/gm shoot 27% from bhind the arc 43% from inside the arc and seems FT is their weakness they shoot 52% from the charity stripe they pull down 36 rebs/gm swipe 13 stls/gm and block 3 shots/gm also committ around 23turnovers/gm . just some stats for a look at what Dorman has done this yr.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAMPTON WINS BIG OVER CHEROKEE plays Seymour Fri. in Semi Finals JOHNSON COUNTY PLAYED SEYMOUR REALLY CLOSE plays Cherokee Fri, UNAKA GOT SPANKED BY UNICOI ,Unaka has Crockett Unicoi gets gate City Fri,AND HEARD ELIZABETHTON LOST TO DORMAN BY 2 POINTS plays Fayette Co(GA), heard they aren't very tough lost to Bradley Central in first round by 20, AND HAPPY VALLEY BEATS PORTLAND BY 20 play Midway Friday I believe could be a good match up.

I watched Elizabethton lose to Dorman. It was a game the Lady Cyclones should have won, but you get no breaks playing the host school in the first round of a big tournament. The Lady Cyclones led early and it was less than a five point game the entire way. Poor shooting and offensive rebounding by Dorman ultimately did Betsy in. They still had chances late, but a few crazy calls were just enough to let Dorman sneak out with the 48-46 win. I think the Lady Cyclones should win the next two games and finish 5th. I do not think Dorman can beat Millbrook, NC or North Cobb, GA.

Sometimes its about pride and heart sounds like betsy played with neither. Some good games at Boone today Unaka didn't looked like they wanted to be there early as they trailed Crockett but came out inspired in the 2nd hlf to win big. Unicoi/Gate city was a dandy but the last 2 Seymour/Hampton DB/Boone WOW those were 2 games u had to be there to watch in person! Hampton was down 12 at one point in the 3rd came back to win by 1 and Boone gave DB all they wanted and then some had some chances late but came up short. Hope I can get there tomorow Should be 2 more good ones between those 4. Heard HV won and is in the finals of their tourney against Stone Memorial. Good Luck to all the Tri County teams tomoro!

Edited by bballfan05

Wow. I saw Fayette yesterday lose big to Bradley Central. I thought Betsy would beat them.

i second that WOW since Fayette County was 1-4. They get 6-4 Spartanburg for the 7th/8th place game Spartanburg lost to Dorman by 5 earlier in the season. they are 4A like Dorman not 5A as Dugger stated in paper and Dorman ranks 10th not 2nd according to max prep SC rankings. Hopefully they'll salvage the trip with a win with conf play picking up next Fri with East. Edited by bballfan05

i second that WOW since Fayette County was 1-4. They get 6-4 Spartanburg for the 7th/8th place game Spartanburg lost to Dorman by 5 earlier in the season. they are 4A like Dorman not 5A as Dugger stated in paper and Dorman ranks 10th not 2nd according to max prep SC rankings. Hopefully they'll salvage the trip with a win with conf play picking up next Fri with East.

I'm sure they will take advantage of the trip to South Carolina to see if they can't pick up a recruit or two.

Well, at least 12-0 Bradley Central beat Dorman in a very close game. I would have liked to have seen Elizabethton and Bradley Central play. Betsy must have carried the disappointment of that close loss to Dorman into yesterday's game against Fayette County. A win over Spartanburg may get them home on a positive note.