Tri-County Seven- Week #5

coachh17

How are they different? I say credit the refs but they should never decide a game.

I guess you would have had to have been there. In the Dorman game, the Lady Cyclones would go out to a little lead and the refs would call something to take the ball away all through the game. Down the final stretch, EHS had 4-point lead and they called a moving screen (which they called numerous times throughout the game) which took the ball away with a tie, then as Depew dribbled fullforce downcourt for a final shot, they whistled her for a walk. There was no possibility that she walked, but they called it anyway, ending the game. These are just two blatant bad calls, this went on pretty much the whole game. EHS should have won by a sizeable margin.

When they made the call that gave Depew foul shots against Spartanburg, she was fouled on a layup. What? Are you not supposed to call the foul with .2 remaining? It would have been deciding the game if they let them foul and didn't call it just because time was running out.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saying don't Cry about refs u had 2 6 point leads(according to Dugger) in 4th n lose. That's not the refs! That's a B.S. copout blaming the 'refs if you have the better team win the game! So tired of hearing fans say that c'mon man! If you should've won by 'a sizeable margin' then do it!

Edited by bballfan05

Any1 kno score of hampton& db game

51-44 DB won.Hampton had a 23-22 lead at half. Got down I think 11 at one point. Got beat on some leak out or snowbirding which they covered in the first half. Missed about 10 easy ones inside and 3 foul shots. Didn't hear any fans blaming the refs after the game. HV lost in their champ game as well. Blew a 10 point lead going into the 4th. Coach didn't blame refs either from what i heard. Good showing for both teams! Dorothy Dugger & Alexis Bowers made all tourney for Lady Dogs along with Unicoi's Emily Edwards . Unaka lost to Sullivan South and Johnson County got a HUGE win over Sevier County. Kept saying they'd pull an upset and they got one! probably get another one or two before its all said and done. They may have gotten over that hump! congrats Coach Whittemore and Lady 'Horns!!! Edited by bballfan05

I guess you would have had to have been there. In the Dorman game, the Lady Cyclones would go out to a little lead and the refs would call something to take the ball away all through the game. Down the final stretch, EHS had 4-point lead and they called a moving screen (which they called numerous times throughout the game) which took the ball away with a tie, then as Depew dribbled fullforce downcourt for a final shot, they whistled her for a walk. There was no possibility that she walked, but they called it anyway, ending the game. These are just two blatant bad calls, this went on pretty much the whole game. EHS should have won by a sizeable margin.

When they made the call that gave Depew foul shots against Spartanburg, she was fouled on a layup. What? Are you not supposed to call the foul with .2 remaining? It would have been deciding the game if they let them foul and didn't call it just because time was running out.

Did you miss any free throws or lay ups?Those decide games not 'blatant bad calls'. You can't cry about the moving screen sounded like they were consistant with that the whole game its the coach's and player's fault for not adjusting Sorry.

Just saying don't Cry about refs u had 2 6 point leads(according to Dugger) in 4th n lose. That's not the refs! That's a B.S. copout blaming the 'refs if you have the better team win the game! So tired of hearing fans say that c'mon man! If you should've won by 'a sizeable margin' then do it!

As I said before.....the refs put a stop to our momentum EVERY time. Don't tell me how it was because you were not there. I have never before said that refs took a game, but in this case, they absolutely did. If you were not there, you can't give your generic opinion.

As I said before.....the refs put a stop to our momentum EVERY time. Don't tell me how it was because you were not there. I have never before said that refs took a game, but in this case, they absolutely did. If you were not there, you can't give your generic opinion.

I coached for years and NEVER used refs costing us a game or 'stopping our momentum EVERY time' as a reason for losing there was ALWAYS something I as a coach or my team could've done better like giving up second chance points, missing shots in the paint or foul shots. But like you said I wasn't there I just don't like hearing crying about refs take a look at your team and see what the team could've done better and move on. Edited by bballfan05

Congrats to Coach W and the Lady Longhorns for a HUGE win over Sevier County knew they would get one and look for them to get one or two more BIG wins before season ends.Hopefully that one gets them over the hump. Now this is the kind of stuff we should be talking about!!

Looking forward to reading coachh's assessments on the teams in his 'rankings'. Don't really like rankings because it's hard to rank teams when you don't see every game Happy Valley had a good tourney beating AAA Portland, A Midway and dropping a heartbreaker to AA Stone Memorial. Hampton went 3-1 vs 4 AAA teams(Sullivan South, Cherokee, Seymour & DB/Kingsport) and Johnson County had 2 good wins(A Greenback & AAA Sevier Co.) and if there is such a thing 1 good loss against AAA Cherkee where they were in the game the whole time just came up short.Interesting to see if Hamptons wins over South,by 7, who beat Betsy and Cherokee who was at full strength, by 19, who Betsy needed OT to beat come into play. Or if JC big win over Sevier Co. can bump them up. UNicoi had 3 nice wins at Boone. Betsy drops 2 one to a 1 win team one to the refs(lol just kidding)and squeak out a 2 point victory. HV has a good tourney finishes 2nd will they move? Will he still have Betsy #1 bcuase of head2head or will he go with who's playing better at the moment? We are all on pins n needles coach. But no pressure coachh there just #'s makes for good reading only rankings that matter are end of season. You will never make everyone happy

Edited by bballfan05

please look up the definition to 'generic'. Edited by bballfan05