Dickson County in 2013

DicksonPride

Not hating just being a realist. You won't replace a really good senior qb and rb combo that easy. If you think you do then you don't know much football.

I never said it was going to be easy. I was pointing out the fact that CHS has more going for it than any other Wilco district team heading into next season. I'll take great talent (which Sanders and Dodson are) and great coaching every time when predicting the future. But following your train of thought; if it's not that easy then why do you think Brentwood is going to replace Winfree and Green (along with their next four leading rushers) so easily? (It's possible just exposing your flawed logic) Is Indy really going to replace Swayze and Wade so easily as well? VW can't do it all with only one returning lineman paving the way. That is if he stays. And how is Indy going to stop running offenses when they have to replace almost the entire front 7 on D with mostly undersized sophomores? This is the season the split with Summit really hurts them. It's why Dyson was sending out resumes last summer. Is the Franklin combo experienced enough to overcome the better athletic talent at CHS? Maybe if they had superior coaching. Webb is good but I wouldn't call him superior to Rector.

It appears that your myopic view of high school football is that a program is incapable of replacing talent and wins future games based on past performances and reputations and not on the changing landscape. If you think that Centennial has peaked and will all of the sudden return to the pre-Rector days when they were poorly coached and weren't getting the best middle school players in the county... then you don't know much about football. Just being a realist.

Edited by SummaryJudgment

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two points:

The FHS IB program has never helped any athletic program at FHS.

Spring Station and Hertiage had the top football programs in the county last year and those athletes will go to Summit and Indy.

Since the opening of Spring Station three years ago, Heritage has gone 1-7, 5-3, and I think 7-1 this past season losing only to SS by a score of 7-6. That 5-3 class made up the bulk of the 40 freshmen who went 7-1 this year for the Indy FR team and will be counted on heavily next year for the Eagles. There are lots of skilled athletes coming out of HMS similar to ones Freedom is sending to CHS.

SSMS did go 9-0 this past season giving up only four TD's the entire season. But they had trouble scoring as well and won most of their games with 7-0 type scores. It was an unexpected county title for the 37 eighth graders due to the fact that the Mustangs went 0-8 each of its first two seasons. The reason the Mustangs had trouble scoring is because there are no Dodsons, Sanders, or Striblings anywhere in that middle school. There are a lot of linemen though.

As for the IB program, you might be right Hogan. It may not have helped athletics. But I was at a meeting where the number of kids dropping out and not returning to their zoned schools was discussed. Also talked about were the reasons why and what to do about it. I'll just say conclusions were drawn that may or may not have a factual basis.

Edited by SummaryJudgment

I never said it was going to be easy. I was pointing out the fact that CHS has more going for it than any other Wilco district team heading into next season. I'll take great talent (which Sanders and Dodson are) and great coaching every time when predicting the future. But following your train of thought; if it's not that easy then why do you think Brentwood is going to replace Winfree and Green (along with their next four leading rushers) so easily? (It's possible just exposing your flawed logic) Is Indy really going to replace Swayze and Wade so easily as well? VW can't do it all with only one returning lineman paving the way. That is if he stays. And how is Indy going to stop running offenses when they have to replace almost the entire front 7 on D with mostly undersized sophomores? This is the season the split with Summit really hurts them. It's why Dyson was sending out resumes last summer. Is the Franklin combo experienced enough to overcome the better athletic talent at CHS? Maybe if they had superior coaching. Webb is good but I wouldn't call him superior to Rector.

It appears that your myopic view of high school football is that a program is incapable of replacing talent and wins future games based on past performances and reputations and not on the changing landscape. If you think that Centennial has peaked and will all of the sudden return to the pre-Rector days when they were poorly coached and weren't getting the best middle school players in the county... then you don't know much about football. Just being a realist.

We have the talent. We have the coaching. CHS finishes first this year. The days of the Rebels are over.

Dickson County's 1st game in their new district next year will change your predictions real fast.

I will speak in code that you like to speak in. YOU ARE @#$%^&. Your mighty Rebels won 4 games last year after YOU got rid of CC to get DW. DW can not win big games so what makes you think Dickson 1st game will change predictions? We all know who you are and that you coach for FHS. You might need to do some work to make more than 4 wins this year. Let me see. A team coached by DW and MW will never beat BR and the cougars. So since DC is nicknamed the cougars to then I will go with DC.

Top four in district goes to CHS, BHS, IHS, DCHS. Tell the Rebels to go play with Ravenwood and Summit.

I will speak in code that you like to speak in. YOU ARE @#$%^&. Your mighty Rebels won 4 games last year after YOU got rid of CC to get DW. DW can not win big games so what makes you think Dickson 1st game will change predictions? We all know who you are and that you coach for FHS. You might need to do some work to make more than 4 wins this year. Let me see. A team coached by DW and MW will never beat BR and the cougars. So since DC is nicknamed the cougars to then I will go with DC.

Top four in district goes to CHS, BHS, IHS, DCHS. Tell the Rebels to go play with Ravenwood and Summit.

First, I never try to hid who I are...very easy to find. Second , Good Luck to the Cougars next season, Hogan has some very good friends on that staff. Third, DW and the Rebels will be just fine next season.

Since the opening of Spring Station three years ago, Heritage has gone 1-7, 5-3, and I think 7-1 this past season losing only to SS by a score of 7-6. That 5-3 class made up the bulk of the 40 freshmen who went 7-1 this year for the Indy FR team and will be counted on heavily next year for the Eagles. There are lots of skilled athletes coming out of HMS similar to ones Freedom is sending to CHS.

SSMS did go 9-0 this past season giving up only four TD's the entire season. But they had trouble scoring as well and won most of their games with 7-0 type scores. It was an unexpected county title for the 37 eighth graders due to the fact that the Mustangs went 0-8 each of its first two seasons. The reason the Mustangs had trouble scoring is because there are no Dodsons, Sanders, or Striblings anywhere in that middle school. There are a lot of linemen though.

As for the IB program, you might be right Hogan. It may not have helped athletics. But I was at a meeting where the number of kids dropping out and not returning to their zoned schools was discussed. Also talked about were the reasons why and what to do about it. I'll just say conclusions were drawn that may or may not have a factual basis.

Keep in mind Blade can flat out coach and Indy now has the best coach on district

VW will be back ( replacing Swaze is easy )

Keep in mind Blade can flat out coach and Indy now has the best coach on district

VW will be back ( replacing Swaze is easy )

I agree that Blade can coach. And in three years CHS and IHS will probably be the cream of the crop in Wilco football. But Indy's immediate problem, as I have alluded to many times, is their line next year. When the school was split three years ago a quirky thing happened. Summit seemed to get all the linemen and linebacker/ fullback types and Indy got the QB's, RB's, and WR's. Assuming everyone comes back to both squads; SHS will have 36 juniors and seniors next year while Indy will have 33 upper classmen. Of Summit's 36: 18 are linemen and 9 are linebackers/ fullbacks. Conversely, Indy will have somewhere around 8 lineman and three LB'ers in the upper ranks. But four of those lineman are juniors who are all under 5'9" and three weigh 180 or less. There are two sophomore linemen with size who are ready to play and a third who is really big but not ready for AAA varsity football. The rest of the 12 sophomore linemen probably average about 5"7" and 160 lbs. I realize they will grow and get bigger and stronger in the weight room, but not in time for this upcoming season imo.

I agree that Blade can coach. And in three years CHS and IHS will probably be the cream of the crop in Wilco football. But Indy's immediate problem, as I have alluded to many times, is their line next year. When the school was split three years ago a quirky thing happened. Summit seemed to get all the linemen and linebacker/ fullback types and Indy got the QB's, RB's, and WR's. Assuming everyone comes back to both squads; SHS will have 36 juniors and seniors next year while Indy will have 33 upper classmen. Of Summit's 36: 18 are linemen and 9 are linebackers/ fullbacks. Conversely, Indy will have somewhere around 8 lineman and three LB'ers in the upper ranks. But four of those lineman are juniors who are all under 5'9" and three weigh 180 or less. There are two sophomore linemen with size who are ready to play and a third who is really big but not ready for AAA varsity football. The rest of the 12 sophomore linemen probably average about 5"7" and 160 lbs. I realize they will grow and get bigger and stronger in the weight room, but not in time for this upcoming season imo.

Wasn't this supposed to be Centennials year to win the district? This was supposed to be their best team in school history I thought. How did that go? They finished fourth behind Brentwood/Indy/Hillsboro. So replacing Tomlin/Lee/Fleming/Big TE and all of a sudden they are going to be better? Those four were dang good players. I have no ill feelings towards centennial what so ever. I think they are a darn good program and are getting very well coached. I just don't see them winning that district this year..

Wasn't this supposed to be Centennials year to win the district? This was supposed to be their best team in school history I thought. How did that go? They finished fourth behind Brentwood/Indy/Hillsboro. So replacing Tomlin/Lee/Fleming/Big TE and all of a sudden they are going to be better? Those four were dang good players. I have no ill feelings towards centennial what so ever. I think they are a darn good program and are getting very well coached. I just don't see them winning that district this year..

We won a playoff game. Just like BHS and Hillsboro. You a Hillsboro fan? We will be even better this year.

We won a playoff game. Just like BHS and Hillsboro. You a Hillsboro fan? We will be even better this year.

I have no allegiance to any team. I'm just an old fart who enjoys watching high school football. I do think Indy wins 11AAA and I wouldn't be surprised if Franklin finished pretty high in the standings. The rebels were really young last year