Strongest Feeder Programs?

WrestlingLover

AAU State is not a proper litmus test. Success at the High School level is a better indicator of how strong the feeder is.

I would definitely consider the Wave Club a great feeder club. Located in a very weak wrestling area, they have managed to feed into CBHS and turn the Brothers into a top team in the state and even get some national recognition. Not to mention that a few former Wave wrestlers have been ranked nationally in High School.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AAU State is not a proper litmus test. Success at the High School level is a better indicator of how strong the feeder is.

I would definitely consider the Wave Club a great feeder club. Located in a very weak wrestling area, they have managed to feed into CBHS and turn the Brothers into a top team in the state and even get some national recognition. Not to mention that a few former Wave wrestlers have been ranked nationally in High School.

The Wave certainly has had tremendous success putting out top notch talent. Im noit sure I would judge a feeder strictly on their high school success though. This topic was about current feeder programs. Would you judge a college football team based on how their players do in the pros at a later date? No you would judge that team on how they do now. I think there are different dynamics at different feeder programs. I think at a lot of feeder programs in the Chattanooga area those kids end up at different high schools and dont necesarily wrestle at the same school they wrestle kids club at. As far as out of state wrestling and national wrestling Im pretty sure the top Chattanooga kids wrestle in Atlanta almost every weekend. Thats not exclusive to the Wave or Nashville Catholic. I think geographics plays a large role in where you wrestle more than likely.

You wouldn't judge a feeder strictly on their high school success? Isn't that what the term "feeder" is referring to? Feeding the high school programs??? What better way to judge how strong a feeder club is than by how well the program succeeds that it's feeding?

No I wouldnt base it strictly on that. I would base their success on how they do now and not how they do at a later date after they have left the feeder program. Just like many parents move their child to the best high schools to wrestle, parents also move their kids to the best feeder programs at the youth level. So while your goal may be to feed a certain high school I think the best or at least some of the feeder programs end up "feeding" a lot of schools. Some programs may be able to keep their kids at the school they are trying to feed but some programs may not be able to. Parents may chose to go to a diferent middle school or high school for educational purposes. They may chose to go to a different school for wrestling purposes. They may not be able to get into the private school they are currently wrestling with in their feeder program. There are a lot of variables it seems.

Higher Calling has to be my #1 pick; however, all the top teams in the state have great feeder programs. That being said,,,,a few teams that aren't in the top 5-10 each year have great feeder programs too,,,they just don't have all the other key ingredients to make it all come together for a full and strong high school line-up. There has to be a few layers to secure what the top teams have year in and out

Great feeder- Great Middle--Great High School.

Lots of interested young kids, with several that have a real passion for it.

Parents that understand wrestling isn't for kids that breast feed till puberty, it's tough, stick with it.

School system (AD), That get it,,,I mean really gets it.

Coaching and mentoring on and off the mat.

Lot's of money does seem to help.

Take one or two of those ingredients out and the cake won't rise, so to speak....(as a team)

CC,,,sends...

Nashville Catholic had Eli King and Trey Chalifoux last year who went to national level tournaments almost every weekend and they usually placed. Nashville Catholic as a middle school goes to FILO, West Virginia Duals, Indy Nationals, Virginia Beach, TOC, and Reno. No other school takes their wrestlers there all in one season. Cleveland last season only had Triston Blansit who did a lot of national level tournaments. No question Nashville Catholic is at the top when it comes to kids on the middle school level. I would say Soddy is a close second.

(

kaleb baker attended aau events as a middle schooler. I know ...cause I had a few boys also attend and we all saw him & several of today's studs.

The ultimate test of a feeder imo is how the Kids do in hs (with sufficient coachin) to augment, otherwise the feeder eventually dies due to minimal roi. My hats off to bill Kennedy & those that contiues today not only here in Rutherford co but contiguous counties. Middle TN wrestling has taken off because of this <MS/HS development.