Jalen Hurd 2013

doppelganger1989

This might be a reason some critique Hurd so much is because you guys lump him into groups like that. There are a lot of HS kids that rush for 1k or 2k yards. Does that mean they are better then those guys on that list??

As I stated earlier Hurd is a fantastic rb who did it all his JR year. But you can't go throwing out numbers and comparisons to some all time nfl greats and not expect there to be backlash. That's just common sense

Question:

Why do naysayers believe he's NOT on that list? It seems that argument's basis is that he isn't on the list because his numbers are better than their's. I can't see the "common sense" in that.

All we have are numbers. What are they for other than what I'm using them for? Its like saying, "Pete Rose has more hits than anyone ever, but he was certainly no Ty Cobb!".

Here I some good points on a OSU board on what he will play

http://www.buckeyepl...al-offer-3.html

I got this off the site linked above, the Ohio State board:

"No offense wade, but a great back is a great back is a great back, whether he's 6-3 220 or 5-11 245. A lot of kids have impressive film, but once in a while you stumble into something special, like a Beanie Wells or Mo Clarett. Hurd's film at RB looks pretty special. "

HEY VOL74

On this board you use same argument "bashing 16 year old kid" and get blasted

Please read

http://www.volnation...en-hurd-30.html

Just another "Tool" (like yourself) that claims that Hurd cannot play RB at the next level. Of course that post was made in September before this football season had barely begun.

If you really want to be a super detective, look at what everyone is writing NOW! Who do they want as their RB now? As a matter of fact, every UT fan on that board is commenting on how Hurd if a must get and how they want him running the ball.

Once AGAIN, you have made a ridiculous post on how Jalen Hurd will not be a RB in college. I really do not mean this disrespectfully, but you seriously have some issues to continually try and prove a point that holds absolutely no validity right now. Jalen Hurd is the best running back that has ever run the ball in TN (my opinion, but may largely be agreed upon), and you still (in all your desperation) try to argue that he will, in no way, do this in college.

I love to banter (like anyone else on here), but you're on a whole new level of crazy. You may seriously want to seek therapy for this.

On a different note (I'm trying to get moderator of the year), who wins the game between Notre Dame and Alabama? I say Alabama by 4 touchdowns.

Hahaha, no moderator needed, I promise. Dude is just twacked out on a whole different level. Anyway, yes, I agree it will be a blow out. I wish that it wouldn't be, but it will.

BUT if the high and mighty NotreDame66 suits up for the Irish, maybe - just maybe - they'll have a chance to win!! Bet he'll be a running back! :roflol::roflolk: Hahahahaha!!

This might be a reason some critique Hurd so much is because you guys lump him into groups like that. There are a lot of HS kids that rush for 1k or 2k yards. Does that mean they are better then those guys on that list??

As I stated earlier Hurd is a fantastic rb who did it all his JR year. But you can't go throwing out numbers and comparisons to some all time nfl greats and not expect there to be backlash. That's just common sense

Great post. Here is why (although I feel like I've stated this a million times) I feel like Hurd will succeed at the next level.

Anyone who has seen him perform consistently has had to notice how small that he makes himself when he runs up the middle between the tackles. He is a large target (obviously), but he has exceptional pad level, footwork and balance for someone with his frame. He is a north south runner, doesn't try to do anything fancy, just gets the job done whether its breaking long runs with blazing speed or chipping away at first downs with endurance, patience and strength.

If he wasn't as fluid as he is at his size, I would say that he would be a WR or TE all day on the offensive side of the ball. I do, however, see a very rare skillset that you don't see that often on players that tall, and that's why I fully believe that he will succeed at that position in college.

Edited by Vol74

Just another "Tool" (like yourself) that claims that Hurd cannot play RB at the next level. Of course that post was made in September before this football season had barely begun.

If you really want to be a super detective, look at what everyone is writing NOW! Who do they want as their RB now? As a matter of fact, every UT fan on that board is commenting on how Hurd if a must get and how they want him running the ball.

Once AGAIN, you have made a ridiculous post on how Jalen Hurd will not be a RB in college. I really do not mean this disrespectfully, but you seriously have some issues to continually try and prove a point that holds absolutely no validity right now. Jalen Hurd is the best running back that has ever run the ball in TN (my opinion, but may largely be agreed upon), and you still (in all your desperation) try to argue that he will, in no way, do this in college.

I love to banter (like anyone else on here), but you're on a whole new level of crazy. You may seriously want to seek therapy for this.

Like I said anytime you want to meet anytime tool

You are nithing but a loser that goes in 25 different boards to boast of your love affair of JH

Really tou need to get a job ! Whst all day you sit around and post on 25 boards how good JH is ( funny thing it's all the same copy/cut paste crap and JH is my hero, I am friend of JH)

Would love to think what really JH mom and JH thinks of you ( for record JH mom very nice lady )

Funny in link you got blasted by others telling you to calm down as they were questioning his position not talent ( hmmmm you apologized )

Nothing but a big old cry baby calling names like I said man up your words MAN Up!!!!!!!!

Woody Wommack, Southeast: One guy that was right on the edge in my region was Hendersonville (Tenn.) Beech Senior athlete Jalen Hurd. He lines up at running back for his team, but there are some questions surrounding which position he'll play in college. Despite those concerns, there's no doubting his athletic ability and potential to be one of the top players in the 2014 class.

Wait gonna call him at 24/7 tool for doubting he will play RB