Jalen Hurd 2013

doppelganger1989

On a different note (I'm trying to get moderator of the year), who wins the game between Notre Dame and Alabama? I say Alabama by 4 touchdowns.

No question Bama ihsa the better team and players but do watch out for ND defense ...

ND will win if Golson can complete his passes- game will be closer then what most expect -

Dynasty is on ND side this year-and luck if the Irish!

Personally looking fwd to being at the game and the events for the weekend

Trust me, I know the family a lot better than you, and they actually think that all of this is quite amusing. We all have laughed at you many times (and especially the fact that you think their son wont run the ball at the the next level). Asked his mom if she knew any Notre Dame grads, and she said the only one that she knew was Joe Bars (who has had children that went to school with Hurd before). So, unless you're Joe Bars, then she must not know you. Are you Joe Bars? With the kid over at MBA right now?

Great post. Here is why (although I feel like I've stated this a million times) I feel like Hurd will succeed at the next level.

Anyone who has seen him perform consistently has had to notice how small that he makes himself when he runs up the middle between the tackles. He is a large target (obviously), but he has exceptional pad level, footwork and balance for someone with his frame. He is a north south runner, doesn't try to do anything fancy, just gets the job done whether its breaking long runs with blazing speed or chipping away at first downs with endurance, patience and strength.

If he wasn't as fluid as he is at his size, I would say that he would be a WR or TE all day on the offensive side of the ball. I do, however, see a very rare skillset that you don't see that often on players that tall, and that's why I fully believe that he will succeed at that position in college.

I don't have any objections to him playing RB at the next level. From what I've seen of him I think he runs a tad bit high initially through the line of scrimmage but has great patience and keeps his feet alive. He has the frame to carry around 220 pounds easy IMO. My only gripe is comparing him to all these other players. Let the kid be himself and that will surely be good enough in itself.

I don't have any objections to him playing RB at the next level. From what I've seen of him I think he runs a tad bit high initially through the line of scrimmage but has great patience and keeps his feet alive. He has the frame to carry around 220 pounds easy IMO. My only gripe is comparing him to all these other players. Let the kid be himself and that will surely be good enough in itself.

Well stated...

Highlife any word on Indy or Ravenwood yet

No question Bama ihsa the better team and players but do watch out for ND defense ...

ND will win if Golson can complete his passes- game will be closer then what most expect -

Dynasty is on ND side this year-and luck if the Irish!

Personally looking fwd to being at the game and the events for the weekend

Glad to know an 80's nighttime soap is on ND's side.

Jalen Hurd is a BEAST and anyone that hasnt seen this kid play better check him out next year! It will be the price of admission. Why would anyone actually think he wont be a RB at the next level?!? Have you seen him even play?? His ceiling is NFL caliber...Just gotta keep grounded and humbled. If you dont know. now you know! How is that for some HotSauce?

Jalen Hurd is a BEAST and anyone that hasnt seen this kid play better check him out next year! It will be the price of admission. Why would anyone actually think he wont be a RB at the next level?!? Have you seen him even play?? His ceiling is NFL caliber...Just gotta keep grounded and humbled. If you dont know. now you know! How is that for some HotSauce?

Ummmmmm Saban does not want him as a RB/ make that amen for Miles -

Ya know putting lot if pressure in the kid as I said before wish him a healthy season JH is one ACL from being just a 2 or 3 star recruit ....

Case in point Tori Hunters kid ( his dad of MLB fame )

This week at high school all American bowl in San Antonio was just doing a drill one on one - no contact and broke his femur .....

One fine football player for sure. Just hope he continues to work hard and stays healthy, bet UT will be spending time on this young man.

I'm sure UT will do their due diligence, but . . .

Hurd will be the Number 1 recruit next year. If I were him, my thinking would go like this:

Need a stable and proven coach, in an elite school, in the best conference. My opinion is, and sure all of you will agree, is that Alabama, Georgia, LSU, and probably South Carolina fit this criteria. I doubt he should seriously consider anywhere else.

I'm sure UT will do their due diligence, but . . .

Hurd will be the Number 1 recruit next year. If I were him, my thinking would go like this:

Need a stable and proven coach, in an elite school, in the best conference. My opinion is, and sure all of you will agree, is that Alabama, Georgia, LSU, and probably South Carolina fit this criteria. I doubt he should seriously consider anywhere else.

From the other JH fan club member he said JH also cool to Bama- Saban wants to move him from RB that is the fact Jack !

You are forgetting OSU