Tri-County Seven- Week #6

coachh17

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elizabethton beat Sullivan East 62-35 tonight. East stayed in the game for about a quarter, but Elizabethton played well and just wore them down. Cyclone starter Lauren McCarty was in a walking boot. I do not know what happened to her.

The Lady Landers beat NG at NG last night. I don't remember the final score but i think it was by 4 points. Great job Lady Landers!

Elizabethton destroyed Clinton and could have scored 100 points if they had really wanted to. The JV picked up a blowout win as well over Science Hill. Elizabethton's JV is deep and very impressive. I honestly believe they would be competive with many varsity teams in the area in all classifications. Hampton beat Unicoi County to hold the #2 spot. Unaka fell by 25 to a good Cosby team.

I have never put much faith in the strength of schedule rankings, which basically are factored on opponents winning percentages, until very late in the season and not even much then. Playing a few really weak teams with horrible records can really throw it off. Some good teams just have mediocre records early. I am not even sure they count out of state teams and many teams do not accurately post their records on coachT. It is just an approximation. Hampton has no doubt played a very tough schedule for a single A team and it will serve them well later. Everyone else plays a pretty similar schedule. Elizabethton's schedule is skewed low because of the records of Central (2-14), Johnson County (3-11), Morristown East (4-11), Clinton (5-9), and Cherokee (6-12). They drew Cherokee and Central in the Happy Valley tip-off, a good Morristown-East team has been ravaged by injuries, Clinton is up and down, and Johnson County is a very competitive team to have a 3-11 record. Betsy has also played Tennessee High, South Greene, Sullivan South, Hampton, Unicoi County, Alcoa, and three very athletic teams in South Carolina than any of our seven would have been hard-pressed to beat. So that is 9 games against solid teams, 2 games against competitive teams with bad records (Cherokee and Johnson County), and three games with teams that are having down years (Morristown East, Clinton, and Sullivan Central). Not nearly as weak of a schedule as it appears on the coachT rankings.

Clinton is having a down year??Clinton was 4-22 last year won 5 already this year! A long post basically about nothing if you don't have much faith in that kind of stuff. Who you trying to convince with that us or yourself? LOL just ribbing you coach. Only thing that matters is what you do in those last 6-8 games. Edited by bballfan05

Elizabethton destroyed Clinton and could have scored 100 points if they had really wanted to. The JV picked up a blowout win as well over Science Hill. Elizabethton's JV is deep and very impressive. I honestly believe they would be competive with many varsity teams in the area in all classifications. Hampton beat Unicoi County to hold the #2 spot. Unaka fell by 25 to a good Cosby team.

Unaka/Cosbywas a close game to Colbaugh went out in the 2nd qtr then Cosby turned up the pressure, was awfully quiet in that gym as Unaka had an early lead, shoulder injury looks like she s out about a week. And they have Cloudland Tues. tough break for a great competitor and great kid. Edited by bballfan05

I must say that I made the trek over last night and watched the Lady Dogs. I was curious to see what would happen because that's a very tough place to play and the Lady Blue Devils had been playing some great basketball. Lady Dogs were outplayed for 2 1/2quarters, were down 15-20 points in the 3rd quarter and still came back to win 60-55. Unicoi Co. was dog tired in the 4th quarter. I certainly admire the grit and heart these young ladies have. GREAT JOB LADIES!