Mid Season standings,

1. Upperman 6 - 0

2. MCM 4 - 2

3. Dekalb 5 - 3

4. Smith Co 4 - 4

5. Cannon 4 - 4

6. York 1 - 5

7. Livingston 0 - 6

I would say that the district tournament is going to be up for graps to which every team gets hot in the second half.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waterboy, defense and pitching have to be the key for our overall success. We have the good part of our district schedule remaining. What's our overall record. I saw our district record posted earlier. I wish our schedule was a bit more challenging the rest of the way. The boys will be ready either way. Who do we play tomorrow. Best of luck DC.

York has been in several games this year that they could have won. But when your pitcher gives up 2 runs and the defense gives 4 runs and you lose 6 to 5 its hard to win and frustrating to a pitcher. That would be a clue to change defense. All of the teams in 8AA have some good pitchers and have lost games due to errors.

Just wondering what the problem at York is. They seem to have a lot of talent, very nice field, nice indoor facility, and a decent feeder program. I know the Goad kid, the wright boy, and the Roysden boy were excellent playrers when they were young. I know this is a tough district, but these kids should be very competitive. How many district games have they won since the woman coach took over the program? Does anyone see them being more competitive in the future? I heard the middle school team has a lot of talent. I would love to see this program reach its potential. Go Dragons!! Sometimes you WIN, sometimes you LOSE, and sometimes it RAINS. Good luck to all 8aa teams. Go win the state Pucket and Co.

York has won maybe 2 or 3 district games since in 2 years. The one game they won this year was behind the Stephens kid and they won it 2 to 0 without errors. They played Upperman last night and done good for 3 and 2/3rd innings then the shortstop let a routine fly ball roll out of his glove and Upperman scored 6 unearned runs after that. Their practice time is not spent wisely they don't work on fundamentals and there isn't any motovation coming from the coach.

Thanks for the information williamz71. Best of luck to your team. Maybe they will make some noise in the tournament if they can find their bats. I heard they fell out of the bus on the way back from LA. Did they really lose their bats or was that an inside joke? The state will buy them a new supply I am sure. Finish strong!

Thanks for the information williamz71. Best of luck to your team. Maybe they will make some noise in the tournament if they can find their bats. I heard they fell out of the bus on the way back from LA. Did they really lose their bats or was that an inside joke? The state will buy them a new supply I am sure. Finish strong!

No joke, they were lost going over the mtn to LA to play in a JV game. Bat bag placed in a bin under the bus and the bin was not secured (locked down). Best I understand 8 bats total and not yet been found. New bats are now being used but new bats do not help the lack of just sound, fundamental baseball, and that comes from practicing fundamentals routinely and York is severly lacking in good sound practices. No way you can have a "good" practice in an hour and a half-just sayin. When I played, you practiced fielding, batting, pitching, etc and by the time you warmed up and stretched and then practiced you were on the field at least 3 hrs. Hope they can figure it out. 3 years is a long time with a losing record.