Best QB to Play in SP & Jasper

OLD PIRATE

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember thommasson coming in as a sophomore I believe and beating a north jackson team in the rain after the refs kicked barton out on the first play of the game. That was the start of his legacy with the warriors.

Ken was livid about the antics NJ played on setting Barton up to be kicked out of the game. He reportedly had a temper and the NJ coaching staff had warned the officials prior to the game of his known temperment. The Chiefs did in fact................place a sub in the game to deliberately start a fight with Barton on the opening kickoff. Fact.......Not Fiction....as the NJ folkes will never admit! Ken was well aware of the officiating in the home games played in Ala and swore never to play them again! Edited by OLD PIRATE

TTP you think Barton is the best QB to ever play at MCHS? He was an excellent player but #1?

From the ones I grew up watching I definitely do. He and shane were neck and neck on the football field as well as baseball field. I remember watching walters in the state game, but I was about 7 so I don't remember much about him. Can't go wrong with any list of top 5 qbs that have been mentioned.

From the ones I grew up watching I definitely do. He and shane were neck and neck on the football field as well as baseball field. I remember watching walters in the state game, but I was about 7 so I don't remember much about him. Can't go wrong with any list of top 5 qbs that have been mentioned.

Those other guys were good, but Walters was awfully tough to beat. Dewayne layed it all on the line that day against Marshall County. They just came up a little short.

For SP in the single wing at BB that could throw and run the show pretty good i believe you'd have to mention Jimmy Layne.Bill Mcclain and Paul Don King. at Jasper Tim Taylor was also pretty good..

Dad burnit youngun, Old Pirate can name a heep thru 50 years of fueding but the topic is about the best.... Adcock,W. McClain, Hawkins,Hammock,Jackson,Wigfall,Blansett, Green,B.Mitchell,Chubb,Haden,Kirkpatrick and more. Edited by OLD PIRATE

Boyd Webb... Anyone remember him?

He was a RB I do believe. I think both team's had some great player's at QB as well as other postitions but it's so hard to compare one to the other. Alot were great in there time. Everyone that has been mentioned all are worthy of praise in leading there team back when they played.