District 3-A

olerockyrebel

As we are in the heat of district play, disctrict 3 seems to be shaping up for a great finish. It looks as if three teams will battle it out for first place: Grace, Rockwood, and Harriman. Harriman is on the outside looking in with 2 losses. Rockwood has 1 district loss and Grace has none. Rockwood is yet to play Grace so those 2 games should decide who takes the #1 seed in the district tournament!

Harriman started off really strong this year but hasn't been playing well lately, Rockwood has picked up the pace and seem to be playing the best ball right now along with Grace. It will be interesting to see how this one shapes up!

District Standings

1. Grace Christian 11-5 (5-0)

2. Rockwood 11-2 (4-1)

3. Harriman 9-8 (5-2)

4. Tellico 10-5 (5-3)

5. Midway 9-8 (3-3)

6. Berean Christian 7-6 (3-4)

7. Greenback 2-9 (1-5)

8. TSD 4-8 (0-8)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Updated Standings

1. Grace Christian 16-8 (10-2)

2. Rockwood 15-6 (8-3)

3. Harriman 14-11 (9-3)

4. Midway 13-11 (7-5)

5. Tellico 13-9 (7-5)

6. Berean 9-11 (4-7)

7. Greenback 2-14 (1-10)

8. TSD 8-12 (0-11)

*Grace still hosts Tellico

*Rockwood hosts Midway for senior night Monday the 11th

*Harriman hosts tellico for senior night Friday the 8th

*Midway still plays Berean and Rockwood

POSSIBILITIES:

If there is any team that has the ability to really jack this district up, it's Tellico. They still have two games, against Grace and Harriman. Both teams are battling for a number one seed. IF Tellico beats Grace and Rockwood wins out, Rockwood would claim the number one seed. If Grace beats Tellico that will pretty much lock them in for 1st place. If Tellico can beat Grace and Harriman turns around and beats Tellico and Midway beats Rockwood, then Harriman will have a tie breaker with Grace for first place.

BOTTOM LINE: Harriman has the hardest chance of grabbing the number one seed and it looks that they won't even if they get a tie breaker. Rockwood and Grace have the best chance at the #1 seed BUT Harriman can grab #2 with a win and a little help! BOTTOM LINE is TELLICO can really make things crazy with a win over Grace and Harriman. A win over one of the two can still shake things up. Midway has some pull as well! Should be a great finish to district 3-A!

As tomorrow wraps up district play with 2 games left, it appears the district tournament seeding has already been decided! Here are matchups followed by predictions!

1. Grace Christian vs

8. TSD

4. Midway vs

5. Tellico

3. Harriman vs

6. Berean Christian

2. Rockwood

7. Greenback

1st round: The first round should kick this tournament off with a bang, there are 2 games that could make things interesting! Obviously the 4 vs 5 seed matchup will be good as both teams split in the regular season. The game i'm anxious to watch is the 3 vs 6 matchup. Berean has been a very good tournament team the past 2 years with a few upsets, if there is going to be a upset this will be it. Honestly, I see Harriman pulling away with a win!

I've never saw a district tournament this wide open before! 5 teams are literally capable of pulling off a District tournament championship run, I think your top 3 seeds are a bit better than your 4 and 5 but keep in mind the five seed Tellico has a win on Rockwood and 4 seed Midway has a win over Harriman that wasn't as close as the score showed.

I think Harriman has the best player going into the district tournament in Xavier Howard! It would be easy to pick them to win this whole thing BUT looking at their schedule, their streaky play scares me. Grace nor Rockwood have been streaky, both have been quite consistent winners. I think if Harriman stays hot and gets in a groove in the first round, then they'll bring home their 3rd district title in 4 years! If Harriman can't find that rhythm I have to go with Rockwood, why? Most solid defensive team in the district and they are a road team! Combine that with the district tournament at a neutral court where everybody in that gym will be against Grace, that equates Rockwood having a decent chance if they can squeeze by Harriman in the first round!

It should be an excellent tournament! I'll post updates as they come and I receive them!

Should be a great tournament. Semis will be crazy with 4 good teams. 2 good teams will be out after 1st round. I do think Grace has played very consistant and will pull it off in the end. Harriman and Rockwood both split with Grace in Regular season so who knows. If Grace shoots the ball well they should win but if not, any of the final four teams could win it.

Should be a great tournament. Semis will be crazy with 4 good teams. 2 good teams will be out after 1st round. I do think Grace has played very consistant and will pull it off in the end. Harriman and Rockwood both split with Grace in Regular season so who knows. If Grace shoots the ball well they should win but if not, any of the final four teams could win it.

gpride i'm glad you posted! I was beginning to think nobody cared about our distrct :| but i agree with you that Grace is the best shooting team when they're on! This should be a closely contested tournament and I look forward to watching these semi-finals matchups and the championship! It's anybody's tournament to win this year!

I'll actually pick Grace to win all the way through region, but wouldn't be surprised to see Harriman make noise in the district. Rockwood has already peaked and seem to be going downhill.

I can relate to you seeing Grace win through region. They're a good shooting team when they're on! As for Harriman, they've been streaky this season as a whole, and first round they've got a stiff matchup with Berean. That game should be tough as Berean matches up well with Harriman! Rockwood has peaked earlier in the season but I still don't see them playing bad, they're still winning games they should win and not losing much. It's anybody's ball game this year and the team that gets hot quick should take the district 3-a crown!

Rebel, should be a good one tomorrow night vs Rockwood. How well will you guys match up against the Tigers this time?

Grace has Midway on their home turf, could be interesting, depends on how well we shoot the ball.

Pride, I think the Devils have the best player on the floor in that game in Xavier Howard. It's just a matter of how well he plays. If Friday was any indication of how we plays the rest of this tournament then I like Harriman's chances of winning this game. Rockwood has a stiff defense with some good shooters and solid post play, so it will be a tough game for both sides! A season split always makes it fun come tournament time, because you always want to take the season series home with you!

I think you all should beat Midway. I know it's at Midway and they'll all be fired up cause it's Grace BUT I truly don't think they can run with you guys for 4 quarters! Although my feelings wouldn't be hurt if we could get a win tomorrow and Midway could pull an upset :popcorneater: It never hurts playing the lower seed for the title! Lol but all jokes aside I don't see an upset, I believe Grace will be playing for a district titile come Wednesday night!

Congratulations to Grace and Harriman on making it to the district championship!

I'm proud of my Big Blue!! Here's the research I gathered:

This is the 3rd time in the past 4 years Harriman will be playing for a district title! Keep that rich tradition of HARRIMAN BASKETBALL going!!!

Also Harriman has won the last 2 district championship games they've played in, hopefully Wednesday will be no different. PACK THE HOUSE!!!!!!

Wow! Must have been SOME consolation game! Congrats Rockwood and good luck against the Dawgs. I'm an Oneida fan, so, it's baseball season for me, but I read this thread and decided to comment on a couple of things.

I really don't understand Coach T's rankings, cause it doesn't look like Rockwood's schedule gives them that much of an advantage over Grace and Grace has the better record, yet Grace is #19 and Rockwood #11. And while I would put Coach Kamakawa up against anyone in the state, I really believe Grace has a little (maybe even a lot) more talent right now. Of course, Coach K's game plan against my Indians put us in our place and embarrassed us off the court. We didn't adjust and took our second worst loss of the season (Oliver Springs in Dist. Tourn.).

What is even stranger about your guys district, we played Harriman the next day after losing so badly to Rockwood, never trailed in a 7 point win, and it felt like Harriman was a stronger team than the Tigers. I realize the season didn't play out that way, but I see the Blue Devils have made another big district tournament run. And, I know everyone gives him some praise, but I'm not sure if Xavier Howard gets enough recognition for his efforts. But, I'm not in Roane County but about once every two weeks and only see these guys play 5 or 6 times a season. You guys posting in this thread SHOULD know more.

One of you stated that Grace should win through the Region. Not only is Harriman going to make that hard in the D3A Tourney, I know Wartburg and Sunbright will make it extremely difficult for that to happen. Should Grace win the C-ship tonight in D3A, they will face Oliver Springs at Grace, probably a win. But, Wartburg was upset in the D4A Tourney C-ship by Sunbright and that puts them in the same bracket as Grace. If the Bulldogs take care of business with Rockwood like they should, that sets up a Grace vs. Wartburg semi-final that I think Wartburg has the advantage in. I agree if Grace comes out and shoots well they can play with and even beat the Dawgs, but that defense Wartburg puts on teams will probably stifle Grace. I mean, it seems they have owned the D3A teams they have played this year.

Of course, ALL of that assumes A WHOLE LOT. There's plenty of ball to played and enjoyed between now and then. I just wanted to get you guys thinking and get your perspectives.