Carter County Basketball

FormerCteamPresident

It's all about the $$$$ and how much $$$$ they claim they can save with one county school.....Nobody ever mentions it'd take

50 Million Dollars (or more) to erect a new building big enough to combine these schools and set it up with the technology needed to draw federal monies.

Look at the number of HS kids this building would have to hold to combine them all...Heck, we'd have a Science Hill sized campus...ON GAP CREEK ROAD! No thanks

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carter co high Mountaineers,colors Black&Silver.I hate to say but I'm afraid that Dirty word will eventually will take place.It would be really hard for about the first five to six years for the kids to get use to it,they would win some games but it would be hard to win a state championship.the bigger the school doesn't always mean success.

I live in Greene County and I would encourage you to fight consolidation. When I think of how many good athletes don't get to participate, say at Science Hill, I just think it is not good for the kids period. High school should be something they will look back on with pride. And big schools deny the chance to participate to many and like it was said, does not guarantee success at the state level either.

Sounds to me like you all are right on this subject. When it works don't try to fix it just for the sake of doing something different. Stand up for your local schools. Lots of great tradition there ion Carter cty.