Region 1 A-AA team championship

barnold

Congratulations to the Greenville wrestlers, coaches and fans for their hard fought win against the EHS Patriots. 41-36. Both teams can hold their heads up high. It was a real battle that went back and forth. And the Patriot Palace was rockin. Good luck in Franklin Green Devils. Wrestle hard and stay safe.

• Upvote 1

Good hard fought match on both sides and the excitement in the gym was great. Good crowd that even brought some outsiders in to watch these two teams battle it out to the last match. Greeneville looked focused and finally healthy at all weights. Hopefully that can carry over to Franklin. I have to agree with King that Greeneville, if they wrestle like they did last night, could have a decent showing at state. We will see how it plays out and maybe Coach Shelton can conjure up some ninjas for my boy Humor - that was a good one btw.

Match detail:

Match Summary SUEA GREE 113 Jon Boatman (Greeneville) won by decision over Gregory Whitaker (Sullivan East) 7-1. 0 3.00 120 Logan Chase (Sullivan East) won by pin over Clay Alley (Greeneville) 1:11. 6.00 0 126 Josh Vance (Greeneville) won by pin over Justin Smith (Sullivan East) 3:26. 0 6.00 132 Tyler Cope (Sullivan East) won by pin over Rob Shelton (Greeneville) 1:24. 6.00 0 138 Justin Carlson (Greeneville) won by pin over Justin Parks (Sullivan East) 1:28. 0 6.00 145 Bailey Hodge (Sullivan East) won by pin over Alex Perez (Greeneville) 2:31. 6.00 0 152 Jimmy Bowman (Greeneville) won by decision over Caleb Berg (Sullivan East) 12-8. 0 3.00 160 Jared Bond (Greeneville) won by tech fall over Frankie Stigall (Sullivan East) 0:00 15-0. 0 5.00 170 Nelson Elliott (Sullivan East) won by pin over Walker Brown (Greeneville) 0:59. 6.00 0 182 Marshall Brown (Greeneville) won by forfeit over Unknown (Unattached) . 0 6.00 195 William Alston (Sullivan East) won by pin over Zach Reaves (Greeneville) 2:42. 6.00 0 220 Logan King (Sullivan East) won by pin over Bryson Knight (Greeneville) 1:16. 6.00 0 285 Reese Valk (Greeneville) won by pin over Matthew Jones (Sullivan East) 4:56. 0 6.00 106 Atlas Fagundes (Greeneville) won by pin over Luke Hicks (Sullivan East) 1:42. 0 6.00 Dual Meet Score 36.0 41.0

Well, who do you think the top 4 will be?

Actually DCA, I don't disagree that Greeneville has a shot at top 4. More than anything I just wanted to calm down King--that kid is on a high after The Hill knocked off DB on Monday and his former Green Devils are returning to state!! Rightfully so I guess, just fun to get him fired up.

Actually DCA, I don't disagree that Greeneville has a shot at top 4. More than anything I just wanted to calm down King--that kid is on a high after The Hill knocked off DB on Monday and his former Green Devils are returning to state!! Rightfully so I guess, just fun to get him fired up.

But who do you have in your top 4? I still would like to know 😜

No ninjas at GHS. I'm not that good of a dojo master. One of my boys might be able to sweep the knee if I catch you in the crane stance.

Anyway, very proud to have gone to battle with a tough Sullivan East team. I have the utmost respect for the job that Tim Harris is doing with his kids. Their fans were great. We just had a few matches go our way when it mattered.

I'm very proud of my little devils and we will do our best to represent Region One well.

Classic Humor! Haha!