FCS vs Watertown

UCSportsFan

Not sure why a JC. Fan would start a thread about FC vs. Watertown. So here's one just about as random. Two years ago I'm with the FC Business manager just before the FC/JC football game and your PA announcer absolutely goes off on us. He said we were "unchristian". His reason was that some of our parents always tailgate at away games. Totally confused I had to ask why. He said we knew the only way they make any money was selling concessions and we should be buying our food from them. Now that's a new one. We were sinning by tailgating on the road. So what do your fans do when they come to our place? They not only tailgate but they sell their own concessions! I guess it's only a sin if your school is a "Christian school". Is that right? We want to be sure not to sin again. By the way I still bought some stuff from your concession stand. And your principal apologized to us for the rudeness.

Edited by GeorgeBailey

Always trying to skirt around the subject. Anyways, who comes out of the District 8A tournament ? We all figure Watertown is going to be the 1 seed who will be 2,3 and 4? Its definitely a huge advantage for Watertown to host the Region tournament thats for sure.

We may get to the tourney just because we turn it up at tourney time. But we don't have the horses this year. Not skirting. Just thought I'd take the opportunity to let the Coach T world know how the logic seems to work in the minds of some.

I have never posted on this site before, but after reading some of the comments about Matt Bradshaw, I felt that it was absolutely necessary. Matt Bradshaw is one heck of a coach, but as good as a coach as he is, he is twice the man. He probably would not even approve of someone coming on this website and defending him, because his reputation and character speaks for itself.

First off, as a coach, there is no doubt in my mind that Matt Bradshaw is the best around. I played one year for Matt Bradshaw at Watertown. It was my senior year and of course, I had my concerns about him coming to Watertown. As soon as he stepped into the locker room for the first time, all my concerns were completely gone. The man came in and treated us with respect and was always completely honest with us. He treated us all the same, whether you were the best player on the team, or the freshmen who did not have a clue how to play basketball. I can say each and every one of us grew as basketball players. He also had a passion for winning like we had not seen in Watertown in some time. I guess the parents at FC could not handle that passion, but we are more than happy to have it at Watertown now. I can say one thing about Coach Bradshaw, he would not have sat over there and took a forty point beating with a "deer in the headlights look" like FC's three coaches did the other night. And as far as last year, I respect the ring. You have it, and we dont, but once Booker T. Washington went out, Wade Houston could have led you all to a state championship. Your talent level was twice that of anyone else's in 1A basketball. So you all keep enjoying losing with the guy you have now, and we will be more than happy to keep winning with Bradshaw.

As far as the man Bradshaw is, I can't speak on what happened at FC, but I can speak on knowing Bradshaw for the last three years. Second to my father, I respect that man more than any other person in the world, and I can say most of my peers have that same kind of respect for him. I know a TON of Friendship kids, and out of everyone that I have ever spoke to about him, they all have the same kind of respect except for one. It is the FC parents (the money) and administration who ran him off. If you saw Bradshaw daily and saw the way he lived, you had no choice but to respect him. I can say that he turned at least two of my friends life around and got them on the right track. I have grew up in church, but I learned more in Coach Bradshaw's 9 week bible class than I had learned my entire life. He personally put together every single locker that is in Watertown's basketball locker room right now. If I called Coach right now, he would be there for not only me, but for any single player that he coached throughout his career. It says a lot, when a year after graduating, three former Friendship basketball players are sitting on the Watertown side wearing purple, because of their love and respect for Bradshaw.There is no doubt, if you played for Matt Bradshaw he made a postive impact on your life and he gave you a true example of what it was like to be a good, Christian man.

• Upvote 1

Key word in your phrase is "most". Where was this year's starting quarterback playing at this time last year? Did he make a difference?

Player in question could have gone to many schools in the area, he picked FC. MJ has a new baseball player from Louisville, and last year one from Atlanta, and the year before that Alabama,

They moved tried out for the team and made the team.

Now I do know of some schools in the Nashville area that recruit. 2 of my children were recruited and it was no big secret. You act like there's some conspiracy

I have never posted on this site before, but after reading some of the comments about Matt Bradshaw, I felt that it was absolutely necessary. Matt Bradshaw is one heck of a coach, but as good as a coach as he is, he is twice the man. He probably would not even approve of someone coming on this website and defending him, because his reputation and character speaks for itself.

First off, as a coach, there is no doubt in my mind that Matt Bradshaw is the best around. I played one year for Matt Bradshaw at Watertown. It was my senior year and of course, I had my concerns about him coming to Watertown. As soon as he stepped into the locker room for the first time, all my concerns were completely gone. The man came in and treated us with respect and was always completely honest with us. He treated us all the same, whether you were the best player on the team, or the freshmen who did not have a clue how to play basketball. I can say each and every one of us grew as basketball players. He also had a passion for winning like we had not seen in Watertown in some time. I guess the parents at FC could not handle that passion, but we are more than happy to have it at Watertown now. I can say one thing about Coach Bradshaw, he would not have sat over there and took a forty point beating with a "deer in the headlights look" like FC's three coaches did the other night. And as far as last year, I respect the ring. You have it, and we dont, but once Booker T. Washington went out, Wade Houston could have led you all to a state championship. Your talent level was twice that of anyone else's in 1A basketball. So you all keep enjoying losing with the guy you have now, and we will be more than happy to keep winning with Bradshaw.

As far as the man Bradshaw is, I can't speak on what happened at FC, but I can speak on knowing Bradshaw for the last three years. Second to my father, I respect that man more than any other person in the world, and I can say most of my peers have that same kind of respect for him. I know a TON of Friendship kids, and out of everyone that I have ever spoke to about him, they all have the same kind of respect except for one. It is the FC parents (the money) and administration who ran him off. If you saw Bradshaw daily and saw the way he lived, you had no choice but to respect him. I can say that he turned at least two of my friends life around and got them on the right track. I have grew up in church, but I learned more in Coach Bradshaw's 9 week bible class than I had learned my entire life. He personally put together every single locker that is in Watertown's basketball locker room right now. If I called Coach right now, he would be there for not only me, but for any single player that he coached throughout his career. It says a lot, when a year after graduating, three former Friendship basketball players are sitting on the Watertown side wearing purple, because of their love and respect for Bradshaw.There is no doubt, if you played for Matt Bradshaw he made a postive impact on your life and he gave you a true example of what it was like to be a good, Christian man.

I'm really glad to hear that. I have always thought a lot of Matt. I am happy for Watertown. I'm even happier that he loves God and isn't shy about telling others. I wish it had worked out at FC. I wasn't involved in his firing. So I can really only speculate and go on what others said. I will say again that I was not excited about my son having to play for him after watching him with the players during games.

I don't think it's fair for you (or others) to assume that this year tells the true story of Cleve Harris. He has nearly nothing to work with this year. If we give him some time, he'll pull it back together. He has proven he knows how to coach. Long before he came to FC he had a great reputation. We're glad to have him. And we plan to stick with him through the tough times.

to respond to the absurd question if FC will make it to the region tournement, yes they will. I know FC is having a down year, there is no denying that. but the top 4 of 5 make it and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the so far winless RBS will be the team left out from the district 8 side again.

my prediction would be

1. Watertown

2. Trousdale County

3. Gordonsville

4. Friendship Christian

5. Red Boiling Springs

I'd love for FC to be higher but im not sure if it will happen

Edited by TheAlumnist

Bradshaw wasn't a good fit for FC and that's it. End of story. We were never going to win state with him. I think what happened was a huge wake up call and that is why the person that wrote the novel above says what he does. As for Cleve Harris and FC riding to the ring on Bradshaw's former team, that is ridiculous. Also anyone (like MaloneJohnson above) who says, "FC couldn't handle the passion" obviously knows completely zero about anything concerning FC sports.

i dont understand why this guy thinks that bradshaw should get credit for building the FC state team. did some of those guys play for bradshaw? yes they did. but if you give him credit for the work at FC 2 years after he has left then shouldnt the former Watertown coach (dont know his name) get credit for what he built 2 years after he has left? no he shouldnt. Bradshaw coached that team for the past 2 years and is on his 3rd just as Coach Cleve is. You can't try to give credit to Bradshaw for the success of 2 programs at the same time. that just doesnt make any sense. give credit where credit is due to all of these coaches and any other coach across the state, but dont give the credit of the success of one team to a coach who has been at a different school for 2 years. if it were true that FC won the state because of Bradshaw then i'm sure FC would be jumpin at hiring him back right now but thats just not how it is. He may have shaped them as players but so did their Jr High and PeeWee coaches. should we give those coaches credit for the win too? no we shouldnt thats just stupid. All of these coaches have done a great job teaching these kids the great game of basketball but fact of the matter is that Cleve and his coaching staff from that year (has changed now) took them to the state and won it. not Bradshaw. End of Story.

Somehow because we have "Christian" in the name of the school, all the rules go out the windows. We are supposed to have perfect children, perfect control of our emotions, accept everything we are told as gospel and never question anyone. Maybe the push a few years back to just be Friendship Academy makes some sense. I for one love to be associated with Christian education - not just private education. I love that we don't (yet) have to restrain ourselves in teaching values based on the Holy Bible. I know some public school teachers do it when they can get away with it. But we can do it openly. No one in our school - not students, teachers, administrators, staff or even the parents claim any moral superiority to public schools. We just love the freedom from government intervention into our choice of providing education in a Christ-centered environment. About every month or so I have to unleash my idealistic views on CoachT. Sorry if you're offended.

What a great post from someone who not only knows this man as a coach but also as a friend and mentor. Its hard not to root for a guy like this. Having a bible study with his players is unheard of these days but its nice to know this is happeneing. Its a shame that parents in the stands can get a man like this fired because little Johnny isnt getting enough playing time but it does happen. You people that have got on this website and put down a man like this should be ashamed of yourself (George Bailey) you disgrace this name by the way, and you should apologize to the man's face. People like you have no clue what it takes to lead men or to guide young men all you do is sit in the stands and complain. Shame one you GB

Edited by devilfanatic