New 2013 AAA Boys State Champ

DougS

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the semi-finals going as follows:

Region 7: (Tuesday, February 26, 2013 @ Brighton H.S.)

Game 1: (@ 6:00 P.M.)

Munford vs. Craigmont: Winner - Craigmont

Game 2: (@ 7:30 P.M.)

Cordova vs. Dyer County: Winner - Dyer County

Region 8: (Tuesday, February 26, 2013 @ Houston H.S.)

Game 1 (@ 6:00 P.M.)

Germantown vs. Southwind: Winner - Southwind

Game 2: (@ 7:30 P.M.)

Ridgeway vs. Whitehaven: Winner - Ridgeway

Well ... that went according to plan. Now it really gets interesting. I think that Dyer County will beat Craigmont to become the Region 7 champion. I think Ridgeway beats Southwind to become the Region 8 Champion. That will send Southwind to face Dyer County and it will send Craigmont to face Ridgeway. My question is this ... Where will those games be played? If what I've stated comes to pass will Southwind go to Dyer County and will Craigmont go to Ridgeway ... or will those games be played at a neutral site?

That was a shocker. Whitehaven Ridgeway will be a great game and I would love to be there, but I am praying my Mitchell Tigers beat Trezevant.

I see your Mitchell Tigers took care of business. As I suspected though ... Ridgeway was just too much for Whitehaven. Good season for my Tigers however, very good season.

Yes but we lost our glue player, Garret for the title game with a head injury.

Your guys will rally. Antoine will be on the bench, so he will be in his guys ear. That being said ... Sheffield is a big tough out for anybody. Looking at the box scores from Sheffield vs. Manassas, I'm guessing that Broderick and Toderick Davis are brothers (Sheffield). I'm wondering if they are twins or are they different ages? Then there are the two Smith boys on that team. I'm wondering if they are brothers as well. Smith is a very common last name.

I just find it interesting.

Gallilee ... your team is still in it. Enjoy it!

The regional winner will host the sectional. A few years ago we( Mitchell) had a disagreement with the MIAA because they wanted to play the games at the Field House. We stated that we were playing at home as the reward fro winning the region. They were very upset wth me but the survived it.

Thanks. That's what I assumed. It makes sense.

Thats funny Devilantic.I give you CPA,but in AAA,I dont think you have seen Ridgeway and So.Wind play. Blackmon is undefeated,but havent played the schedule So.Wind played. Not taking anything away from Blackmon,but So.Wind have played against the best and beat some of the best this year.They won the Rumble on the Ridge in Arkansas, played Oak Hill Academy, Chicago Simeon, their always tough Memphis teams,City of Palms against Lone Peak Utah, Cal Poly,Plano Texas without Julius Randle.I look for Ridgeway and So.Wind to be playing in the championship.