9a vs.10a.

archangel

9A almost got the sweep. I figured Community would give NCS all they wanted. I'm going to predict round four of Cascade vs. Moore County in the region championship. Having to travel to Eagleville hurts the lone 10A survivor. I think too much Raby spells doom for Forrest. Hopefully we will see 2 more close games.

Good luck to all teams involved.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazy results for region 5 first rounds! Looking at how close the scores where, each district 2 was pretty even. However, NC is the only d10 team left.

Mc/WHH score is decieving IF the missed shots for MC wold have fell and officiating not just for the home team but both ways would have been called that s core would have been ugly!!!was looking foward to MC/HC match up but now it survive and advance regardless of the opponent!!!

Mc/WHH score is decieving IF the missed shots for MC wold have fell and officiating not just for the home team but both ways would have been called that s core would have been ugly!!!was looking foward to MC/HC match up but now it survive and advance regardless of the opponent!!!

I did find that score interesting, what your saying makes sense. I think a lot of people are disappointed the MC/HC matchup will not occur, but it falls weird ways come tournament time. Good luck to all teams left!

Soooo not the finall im sure anybody in district 9 would have seen but NC gave Cascade all they could handle and the girls from Cascade have nothing after the season they had beeing ranked top 10 and the run to second place distric season and tournement! will say if MC comes out flat like they did againt Forrest they might just be in trouble! Seems to me as of late its a pass the ball around and throw it in to Raby type deal now WHICH imo cold become a problem down the road with capable players passing up shots!!! i hope not but who knows..???Dont know much about NC besides the second half no names or anything but they are a scrappy group of girls from what i saw!!!Good luck to both i see MC with the win tho 52-47

Very tough game in both contests tonight. Cascade should have won, came out flat and cold in the third, couldn't make a shot. Dissapointing end to their season definitely a state tourney contender, Forrest and Moore County battled like old enemies, Coach Jean did a great job getting his young girls up for this tourney, they will be a force in the years to come. As for Moore County vs Nashville Christian, look for a lot of ball pressure, must keep their shooters a step out of their range. Should be close early, Moore County too strong inside win going away by 8-10.

The NCS vs. Cascade game surprised me a bit. NCS struggled to make a shot early but were able to hang around long enough to make a run. Their physicality really bothered Cascade. I would say they out rebounded them by a significant margin. Cascade who usually is an above average offensive team struggled to score most of the night. Overall a very good performance by NCS.

I thought Forrest battled really hard the entire night but just weren't able to string together multiple buckets to put any real pressure on Moore County down the stretch. It is nice to have a player like Raby who you can go to when you really need a score. I do think it's very interesting that in late game stretches Raby becomes their primary ball handler. Maybe a little doubt in their guards' ability?

As for the championship game, if NCS can maintain their physical play and have a performance on the boards like they did against Cascade I think it will be a battle. I do think they have the ability to force Raby to actually have to defend. And I think their guard play is equal if not better. If they can get Raby in a little foul trouble Moore County is a lot less formidable. With that being said Moore County girls typically (Raby and Garland to name couple) seem to be able to play physical while avoiding foul trouble.

I'm going to say Moore County in a close one. May reach into double digits if NCS has to play the foul game late.

Good luck to both teams.