I'll be the one to do it I guess.... D-1 vs D-2

WrestlingGod

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the semis the 2nd round sir?

I've been null and void for quite some time....

Bcb iii

On a sad note, one of my favorite coach/ person John Lennon , lost his father last nite. Keep the Lennon family in your thoughts

I'm not sure about this particular bracket, but there are plenty of people, in Division 2, for whom the second round is their semifinal match.

Edited by TrollWrestling

I agree, in many weights the top 2 or 3 D2 were as strong or stronger than the D1 top 2 or 3, but there certainly isn't the depth of quality beyond the medalists. D1 has more kids, certainly the depth gives them more average and better than average wrestlers, while D2 has a talent drop after a few...but not just the top 2...D2 3rd place 106 medalist Cornell beat D1 106 champ Navarro in the semis of the Soddy Invitational earlier this season.

Congrats on that son of yours for an outstanding year and I look forward to the future years, buttttt......

Btw can I get a free air condition unit for my nice words about your progeny?

Bcb iii

I don't think so Willis..... If you don't have your a game in the Man's div, you get your arse handed to you in the 2nd round... No A game in the DII, you tech fall your opponent .....

Bcb iii

That's funny. Wasn't your beloved Notre Dame in d2 and opted to get out? Answer this honestly.How would your state champs and placers done in d2?

Honestly... We would have had a heck of a lot more State Champions and a 400% increase in placers, maybe more...

I can assure you that my oldest would have loved your div and my youngest would have the same number of medals..

It's kinda like comparing Ron Jeremy and John Holmes.. Both were great, but John was the man, honestly....

Bcbiii

Honestly... We would have had a heck of a lot more State Champions and a 400% increase in placers, maybe more...

I can assure you that my oldest would have loved your div and my youngest would have the same number of medals..

It's kinda like comparing Ron Jeremy and John Holmes.. Both were great, but John was

Bcbiii

More state champions? Really? Placers I would agree with but definitely not more champions. Not trying to make this a personal attack at all so I won't get into individual match ups. Lets just say most people would disagree with your assesment no matter how cute and funny you try to make it.

More state champions? Really? Placers I would agree with but definitely not more champions. Not trying to make this a personal attack at all so I won't get into individual match ups. Lets just say most people would disagree with your assesment no matter how cute and funny you try to make it.

I know what the matchups are, I ain't as slow as some people think..

Thank you for saying I'm cute and funny, a man my age needs as many compliments as he can get..plus my personal trainer will feel good about the job she is doing...

Bcb iii

If you take the top 6 in both D1 and D2 and make a 12 man bracket and place top 6, the majority of placers would be from D1. There are MANY D2 placers that would not come close to placing in D1. But most placers in D1 would place in D2. I truly believe that. And place higher i might add. After the state champs and some runner ups in D2, the talent drops off

If you take the top 6 in both D1 and D2 and make a 12 man bracket and place top 6, the majority of placers would be from D1. There are MANY D2 placers that would not come close to placing in D1. But most placers in D1 would place in D2. I truly believe that. And place higher i might add. After the state champs and some runner ups in D2, the talent drops off

That's dad, I owe you one day of yard work.. How's mom?

Bcb iii