Elizabethton vs South Greene/Happy Valley vs Grainger

grassroots176

I really enjoy reading these message boards and finally decided to post something once I saw several of the comments in this thread. First of all , I grew up in Unicoi County , so I have no allegiance to either Elizabethton or Grainger. I was at the game on Monday night (Happy Valley vs. Grainger) as well as the game last night. In both instances , the behavior of the fans from Grainger was truly disgusting. On Monday night , they started complaining pretty much as soon as they came in about facilities. Well , all I can say about that is the court is the same size at every gym regardless of the age , seating , etc. So get over it. I actually had to ask one of their fans behind me to please dropping the F-bomb constantly since my 6 year old son was with me. During half time , I had to take my son to the bathroom , once we returned , my son's jacket had been thrown in the floor in the aisle and those fans had taken our seats. I bit my tongue and moved on. Now , on to last night. The game was very entertaining and both teams played extremely hard. But during the ceremonies , I just couldn't believe that the Grainger fans were yelling out at the Elizabethton players , fans , coaches. I know losing (especially when they were previously undefeated) is tough. But , it happens. That is the beauty of sports. It isn't always someone else's fault and not every team that loses gets a raw deal. In my opinion , the game last night was very physical on both sides and Elizabethton just shot the ball better overall. But the night was marred by the behavior of Grainger fans. And believe me , I know what bad behavior for fans looks like (remember , I grew up in Unicoi County) :) Just my .02

Holy Cow, a snow flake just hit the Devil on his head at his house..it must have been bad for a Blue Devil to be taking up for the Cyclones..Good post Inten. You know we secretly pull for you guys when playing out of the district.

That's a pretty darn good record the Lady Cyclones have there over the last 10-15 years. Nothing to sneeze at. But as far as this season goes....and I thought that's what we were all discussing, they fall short of the Lady Grizzlies Yes, records are great!

We'll have to agree to disagree. You continue to compare apples to oranges (or possibly more appropriately 'tomotoes to oranges' in this case) to support your conclusions. I'd still pick hosting a substate to traveling...just sayin. Good luck to the Lady Grizzlies at CAK on Saturday. Who knows - maybe the Lady Cyclones and Lady Grizzlies will meet again down the road.

First and foremost our coach is a teacher and if he saw a opportunity to teach our players something that may help them in the future during the game then that is his call not yours, even if there is .1 sec left in the game. How can you be so conceded to think it was about you or making you mad, maybe he just wanted to hear our student section Cheer “OVER-ER RATE-ED†a little while longer? It sure beat having to hear more cuss words from the Grainger Students then you would hear at a Rap Concert. You should have taken that time to take a bar of soap up there and wash out their little mouths. Your coach was the one to show no class. He was the one that refused to shake hands because his wittle team gots their tails whipped, poor thing…Boo Who Who

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have just proved yourself to have absolutely no credibilty with this post. I stayed for the entirety of the post game and everyone of our coaches and players shook hands with every single member of the Elizabethton team and coaching staff after the game. You can have your opinions, but don't make up lies about someone. That's just stupid. How can you even get on here and try to pass that one off. And to answer an earlier post that said the timeout was during a player being trapped. WRONG AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! It was after and Elizabethton Free Throw and before Grainger could inbound the ball with 34 Seconds remaining and a 15 point lead. Total jerk move! You can defend him all you want. Fact is that you don't use that situation to teach anybody anything other than don't foul and hold the ball and run the clock. That was a hey look at me and look at us and let's rub it in their noses a little while longer. Classless. Don't care if he's a teacher, preacher, or what he is. Your players were great and very classy. They are credit to what they have to be coached by. He's an ####! And they're are many in the area who feel the same way. Trust me on that one!

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have just proved yourself to have absolutely no credibilty with this post. I stayed for the entirety of the post game and everyone of our coaches and players shook hands with every single member of the Elizabethton team and coaching staff after the game. You can have your opinions, but don't make up lies about someone. That's just stupid. How can you even get on here and try to pass that one off. And to answer an earlier post that said the timeout was during a player being trapped. WRONG AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! It was after and Elizabethton Free Throw and before Grainger could inbound the ball with 34 Seconds remaining and a 15 point lead. Total jerk move! You can defend him all you want. Fact is that you don't use that situation to teach anybody anything other than don't foul and hold the ball and run the clock. That was a hey look at me and look at us and let's rub it in their noses a little while longer. Classless. Don't care if he's a teacher, preacher, or what he is. Your players were great and very classy. They are credit to what they have to be coached by. He's an ####! And they're are many in the area who feel the same way. Trust me on that one!

You have to consider the source here. You can't argue with someone who has no problem making up what he wants. Coaches shook hands with everyone. I've not seen a single coach refuse to shake all season. The Boo Hoo Hoo goes to this "LITTLE PUFF OF WIND", not a Cyclone!

Now, what was the Lady Cyclone's record up until last night as compared to the Lady Grizzlies? Take a look at what the Lady Grizzlies did to Middle Tennessee in the Christmas Tournament in Smith Co. Woo hoo! You played a good team in South Carolina. ONE GAME! The number of points anyone scores is mute compared to WHO GOT THE WIN! We have waaaaayyyyyy more of those than the Lady Cyclones. Check your records on that one!

I don't have a dog in this hunt but I've bitten my tougue about something Grainger fans have been talking about since playing in White Co. Let me clear something up for you guys, Grainger didn't "do anything to middle TN" by beating a 3rd place AAA team that is rebuilding with a new coach, a AAA team that isn't in middle TN and a DII that's just solid. If you wanna "do something" to middle TN come down and play Livingston, Jackson Co., Cannon Co., Smith Co., Macon Co., etc surely at least 1 of these teams or other middle Tn teams will gladly provide the measuring stick you think you received by playing the above mentioned teams in Sparta LOL!!

BTW great season so far and I hope you guys beat CAK and your girls are rewarded for all their hard work I'm sure they've put in this year with a trip to Mboro.....30 wins don't happen by accident or by bad teams.

Now, what was the Lady Cyclone's record up until last night as compared to the Lady Grizzlies? Take a look at what the Lady Grizzlies did to Middle Tennessee in the Christmas Tournament in Smith Co. Woo hoo! You played a good team in South Carolina. ONE GAME! The number of points anyone scores is mute compared to WHO GOT THE WIN! We have waaaaayyyyyy more of those than the Lady Cyclones. Check your records on that one!

What a dumb thing to say about records. In tournament time, you win or lose. You don't get to trade in regular season wins for a pass to the state tournament. You have to beat the teams you face. Congrats on an undefeated regular season, but it means nothing now. Grainger lost to Elizabethton by 15. In tournament standards, that means Betsy is better. As if it matters, I'm an unbiased bystander from a little farm school in Englewood, TN called McMinn Central. Maybe we'll see one or both of you next week. Good luck!

• Upvote 1

I don't have a dog in this hunt but I've bitten my tougue about something Grainger fans have been talking about since playing in White Co. Let me clear something up for you guys, Grainger didn't "do anything to middle TN" by beating a 3rd place AAA team that is rebuilding with a new coach, a AAA team that isn't in middle TN and a DII that's just solid. If you wanna "do something" to middle TN come down and play Livingston, Jackson Co., Cannon Co., Smith Co., Macon Co., etc surely at least 1 of these teams or other middle Tn teams will gladly provide the measuring stick you think you received by playing the above mentioned teams in Sparta LOL!!

BTW great season so far and I hope you guys beat CAK and your girls are rewarded for all their hard work I'm sure they've put in this year with a trip to Mboro.....30 wins don't happen by accident or by bad teams.

Grainger does go down to Middle TN every summer for summer camps. They played both Livingston, Clarkrange, Upperman, Moore County, and many others and didn't lose a single game to any of them. Now I realize that it's summer camp, and you can't read too much into that. I'm just making the point that Grainger's not afraid to travel to Middle TN and play any of them. The reality of traveling to Middle TN for regular season games on a regular basis is not very realisticdue to travel expenses. I know for a fact that the White County tourney was booked with the hopes that some of those teams might be in it, but this happened to be a year when none of them other than Clarkrange were. Grainger can't really help what schools decide to commit to being in it. They just have to play the ones that are. They also don't set the brackets, nor can they control how they play out except for the games they play in.

Grainger does go down to Middle TN every summer for summer camps. They played both Livingston, Clarkrange, Upperman, Moore County, and many others and didn't lose a single game to any of them. Now I realize that it's summer camp, and you can't read too much into that. I'm just making the point that Grainger's not afraid to travel to Middle TN and play any of them. The reality of traveling to Middle TN for regular season games on a regular basis is not very realisticdue to travel expenses. I know for a fact that the White County tourney was booked with the hopes that some of those teams might be in it, but this happened to be a year when none of them other than Clarkrange were. Grainger can't really help what schools decide to commit to being in it. They just have to play the ones that are. They also don't set the brackets, nor can they control how they play out except for the games they play in.

And that's another thing......STOP bragging about summer camp wins!!! A team with "skins on the wall" or should I say Gold/Silver Balls in the T'Case don't have to thump their chests over meaningless summer camp games! Privately if you wanna build confidence within your team's ranks by using camp wins that's fine but on a public forum with knowledgeable fans you lose credibility, just saying.

Well we're back to summer camps. Saw that one coming.

Well why don't you guys travel up to East TN on a regular basis and play games????? Don't see too many East TN teams on your schedule. Oh yeah, that's right because its not practical and travel times are too long. And yeah, I mentioned summer camp to prove the point that Grainger isn't quaking in their boots over any of your teams from Middle TN or anywhere else. I'm not saying they could beat any of them in a regular game, they might or they might not, but it stands to reason that if they can beat them in summer, then they would have a chance in the regular season. And, they for sure wouldn't be afraid to play any of them. Truth is, Grainger is a fledgling program that has enjoyed great recent success, but doesn't have the year in year out tradition of state titles and state appearances of some of the others mentioned in this thread. But if you ever want to build that tradition you have to start somewhere, and that's what they are trying to do. The teams you choose to play in summer camps and the holiday tourneys you elect to attend can help prepare you to try and compete with the big dogs of the world. That's all Grainger is trying to do. They may or may not be ready for the big stage yet, we will find out Saturday. But, either way they are getting closer every year, and I can tell you for certain they are not afraid to play anybody, anywhere. Not saying they would win, but they would show up. And I think that's the attitude you have to have to build a tradition like some of the schools mentioned in this thread, and I believe Grainger is headed in the right direction regardless of what happens with the rest of this season.

Ok. Ok. Ok. We get it.Grainger is the official summer camp champs! :mrgreen:

Lighten up..they have had a great season thus far and are very good no doubt. But remember you brought up summer camp.

I know I did. And you know why I did. Lol. I'm not trying to be a heavy. Just a fan of my school. I think I'm pretty knowledgeable and pretty reasonable. I realize we have no gold or silver balls and we've only made state twice in school history. We are just trying to take a step toward that tradition that you guys, the Elizabethtons, the McMinn Centrals, and the other powerhouses of AA already enjoy.