Elizabethton vs South Greene/Happy Valley vs Grainger

grassroots176

No, what is amazing is that you have gone off the deep end over our coach simply because on the floor Wednesday night, Elizabethton was the best team and outplayed Grainger from start to finish!

And 20 wins while going through one thing after another was fantastic for these girls. In the end, everyone knew 20 wins was an underachievement because he had the same starters then as this year! Same great team, just handed a tough hand to play with.

Just get over the fact that Grainger is not undefeated anymore.

I would like for the Lady Grizzlies to win over CAK Saturday -- for the girls, not for fans like you. Since you know so much about Elizabethton, I suppose you know we already played Alcoa in our gym once this season and won 82-61, but whatever the outcome, we are fine because we know we have had the best season possible. Losing two of our best players was hard to overcome, but we have and people like you will not change that.....nor will it change the fact that we won big Wednesday night!

Oh, one more thing ...... better luck next year if you make it to the regional final. Seems you guys have a problem with that.

As for the Regional finals, maybe we will be there and maybe we will play you again, and maybe this time it will be in our gym. Maybe, maybe. But, this I know for sure, if we are and if we lose or even if we win. We will do it with more class than you and yours have ever been able to do it.

Can everyone please move on? Coach Dugger is the coach of Elizabethton Lady Cyclones. Some like him, some don't, sometimes we agree with his choices, sometimes we don't. The bottom line is he is Elizabethton's coach. What coaches/players/parents/fans from Grainger, Unicoi, Hampton nor any other place makes any difference to what we know to be true about him. The points could be argued until this same time next year and no one is going to change their mind. Wednesday night there was a game between Elizabethton and Grainger. Elizabethton won against a very good Grainger team. These two teams could play over and over and more than likely each team would win and lose some of those games. Last night on their home floor Elizabethton's boys lost to a very good Sullivan East team. Sometimes it's just about who wants it more. All of these teams are still playing and that is the important thing. Let's go support our respective teams to the best of our ability! Good luck to all the remaining teams!

McCurry was from Unicoi County. The state tourney team from a couple years ago had the little point guard from the Roan Mtn area. That same team got Bowling from Happy Valley.

There's three in the last three years. Im sure there's more. I hear he is trying to convince the Bowers girl to leave Hamtpon and come back to Eliz next year.

Mcurry came to E-ton because her parents moved here into the city, thay would be a long dailey drive for her to keep going back and fourth, The Bowling girl lived in the city and played with the girls on a travel squad. The bowling girl has played in Elizabethton City Schools since the 6th grade. Her dad got mad at Wilson and put her at Hampton. Not her choice. She has played with the Elizabethton Girls all her life and should come back and I am sure the point guard had Dugger at Roan Mountain every night twisting here arm. Look at this year Carter County has 3 boys teams in Sectional and 3 three girls teams and would have had more but they knocked each other out. How can Elizabethton be pulling all the talent from those schools and they are doing so well?

Can everyone please move on? Coach Dugger is the coach of Elizabethton Lady Cyclones. Some like him, some don't, sometimes we agree with his choices, sometimes we don't. The bottom line is he is Elizabethton's coach. What coaches/players/parents/fans from Grainger, Unicoi, Hampton nor any other place makes any difference to what we know to be true about him. The points could be argued until this same time next year and no one is going to change their mind. Wednesday night there was a game between Elizabethton and Grainger. Elizabethton won against a very good Grainger team. These two teams could play over and over and more than likely each team would win and lose some of those games. Last night on their home floor Elizabethton's boys lost to a very good Sullivan East team. Sometimes it's just about who wants it more. All of these teams are still playing and that is the important thing. Let's go support our respective teams to the best of our ability! Good luck to all the remaining teams!

Great post! I can respect that! Thank you for a voice of reason.

McCurry was from Unicoi County. The state tourney team from a couple years ago had the little point guard from the Roan Mtn area. That same team got Bowling from Happy Valley.

There's three in the last three years. Im sure there's more. I hear he is trying to convince the Bowers girl to leave Hamtpon and come back to Eliz next year.

Kristin, Lauren and Cara all came to Elizabethton because they wanted to play in a good program. Certainly nobody invited Lauren to come. And the Bowers kid left Elizabethton, the system she went to school in all her life for Hampton. What does that make Leon? You think he wasnt talking to her before she left EHS? Right

Oh I've been waiting on the injury excuse about how you've lost 3 starters to injury. Truth is.... you're better now than you were when you had the seniors. Losing those 3 freed Dugger up to play the 2 Freshmen twins. They are better players than any of the 3 you lost, and should've been starting from day one. The injuries were the excuse that he needed to play them. If he tried to play them in front of any of those 3 injured players he would've had a senior mutiny on his hands and team turmoil. You guys are better with the lineup that's playing now than you were before. FACT! Now back to injuries. Grainger's starting PG tore her ACL in the last regular season game. Another back up point guard had knee surgery before the 1st week of the season and hasn't played at all this year, and the PG that they started against you the other night is just coming back from ACL surgery and is about 60%. That's 3 PG in one year. Grainger doesn't have two 6 foot freshmen twins to step in and fill that role. Kudos to Betsy for having that kind of depth. It's just not a luxury that most schools have waiting in the wings when the injury bug comes calling. But, don't try and act as if the injuries have devastated you, they made you better.

I know all about the pgs and their injuries. I know those two girls and both are really nice and sweet little gals. But to say the cyclones are better off without the three they lost is not correct. Better off without McCurry - true, but Hodge was a force underneath and Depew is a true pg who can also score big points and was the team leader. She would have been great with the twins so don't begin to badmouth those two girls! EHS is better having the twins in the lineup, but not because of loving Depew and Hodge. They would have been awesome together!

Won big Wednesday night? Give me a break! Won by 15, but at lease 8 of those came from our intentional fouls at the end of the game giving scores from the bonus line...NOT from play on the court. You need to get YOUR facts straight. Not taking anything away from the Lady Cyclones, but your arrogance is only exceeded by .....................

Nope, you are wrong. Elizabethton led by 17 at one point....before all the intentional fouling began!

I know all about the pgs and their injuries. I know those two girls and both are really nice and sweet little gals. But to say the cyclones are better off without the three they lost is not correct. Better off without McCurry - true, but Hodge was a force underneath and Depew is a true pg who can also score big points and was the team leader. She would have been great with the twins so don't begin to badmouth those two girls! EHS is better having the twins in the lineup, but not because of loving Depew and Hodge. They would have been awesome together!

Nope, you are wrong. Elizabethton led by 17 at one point....before all the intentional fouling began!

Problem is the twins wouldn't have played as much as they need to if those two stay in the lineup. There are only so many minutes to go around. And nope, you're wrong Grainger was down 8 to start the 4th got down by 17 at one point, cut it down to 10 with 2 minutes to go. They gave up a layup on a long pass over the top of the press went down by 12 and the intentional fouling began. So, wrong again you are, as ususal.

Is this bickering back and forth ever going to quit and it's bad when my 10 yr old nephew says he hopes he never acts like this and says this kind of stuff about people over a basketball game.Dugger is not perfect and he would tell you that himself and in a few days this stuff means nothing.There is no reason this world is in the shape it's in we have grown people in a basketball thread acting like they would fight or hurt one another over something a coach might have done or not have done.Can we agree to disagree and move on please.

Problem is the twins wouldn't have played as much as they need to if those two stay in the lineup. There are only so many minutes to go around. And nope, you're wrong Grainger was down 8 to start the 4th got down by 17 at one point, cut it down to 10 with 2 minutes to go. They gave up a layup on a long pass over the top of the press went down by 12 and the intentional fouling began. So, wrong again you are, as ususal.

Yes the twins would have played just as much with Depew in. She is a point guard, not a 2 or 3. Hodge is an awesome post, she would have worked in as well. I didn't say McCurry was missed. Now I'm finished with you because you don't seem like a nice person. Everytime I think I will come on here and enjoy the reading, there is someone who can't be nice. I'm through with Coach T.com!

I have known coach Dugger for a long time. He is a fine man. Our Schools Director made the call. Coach Wilson had never coached the boy’s team and had done a fine job in the past with the girls. Coach Dugger had coached the Elizabethton Boys Team. The Director made the call. Hard to find a new coach once the season had started. You see what happened after the season, Coach Dugger went back to the girls and we searched for a new boys coach. Coach Wilson went back to the AD. It was the Director of Schools call and you can read about how things are run in this system by him. He does a great job and we have a great system and great kids. It is reflected in academics and sports. Our Football team has won the Three River Conference Championship and made it to the State Final Four, 3 out of the last 4 years, and had over 30 players with a 4.0. Girls soccer made it to state, golf team won regionals, both basketball teams made it to sectionals, Our Girl wrestler won State 3 years in a row, and we sent several boys to state, our swim team sent swimmers to state. Our Band has won the state championship 2 out of the last 3 years. Best ACT scores in years and better average then any school in the county. We have a great school system and none of these things just happen on their own. There are good people and good kids behind them. Your team was just outplayed, a bad call can cost a game sometimes but not many ref’s make a 15 point mistake. So congratulations on a great regular season, that is a very good accomplishment for any team and good luck in the sectionals, and the name calling on both sides should stop.

Uh, Wilson coached the boys for two years after he left the girls team in 2006----He was Eliz head boys coach from 2006-2008.

Mcurry came to E-ton because her parents moved here into the city, thay would be a long dailey drive for her to keep going back and fourth, The Bowling girl lived in the city and played with the girls on a travel squad. The bowling girl has played in Elizabethton City Schools since the 6th grade. Her dad got mad at Wilson and put her at Hampton. Not her choice. She has played with the Elizabethton Girls all her life and should come back and I am sure the point guard had Dugger at Roan Mountain every night twisting here arm. Look at this year Carter County has 3 boys teams in Sectional and 3 three girls teams and would have had more but they knocked each other out. How can Elizabethton be pulling all the talent from those schools and they are doing so well?

Haha. McCurry's dad still works in Erwin; he never left his job. They rented a place in Eliz.

Kara Bowling (who plays for ETSU now) went all through county schools till the 11th grade; she was a Happy Valley Warrior her whole career until Dugger got her playing on his AAU team the spring/summer before her junior year and she switched teams as a junior.

The point guard played for Cloudland through Junior High and came to Eliz the year Dugger started coaching the girls. Get your facts right before you make such bold statements. Coachh17 knows these facts are true, but likely will stay out of this as he was a Eliz coach for many years.