Whitwell hosts Clarkrange 03/02/13 Sub-State

Jashawn

Seeing we have multiple threads going with some chatter about this game I thought I would start one up just for this match.

As the typical case goes, I'm sure most will see the Region 3A champs as underdogs against the Region 4A runner up. This may be the case in all honesty, but I certainly wouldn't look past Whitwell if I were Clarkrange. Whitwell always plays their opponents tough as they did the past two years.

I've said this in another thread but I'll say it again here. I wont be shocked if the Tigers lose this game, but I wouldn't be shocked if the Tigers won this game either. I think most people are going to be surprised at how close this game turns out no matter which team wins.

Whitwell has lost some games earlier in the season that they should have been able to win hands down but here over the past couple weeks they've really stepped up and played how they should. They got revenge against VanBuren winning 60-47 to advance to the Region 3A finals, and then humbled Silverdale (who most people thought had this in the bag) 65-41 to win the Region for the second year in a row.

The Tigers really got hot at exactly the right time and I know they'll be ready to play Saturday night and expect to win. The big question now is will Clarkrange come to Whitwell prepared to play a good team, or will they be looking forward to State a little too early. Silverdale can preach a little on overlooking a decent team.

Seeing we have multiple threads going with some chatter about this game I thought I would start one up just for this match.

As the typical case goes, I'm sure most will see the Region 3A champs as underdogs against the Region 4A runner up. This may be the case in all honesty, but I certainly wouldn't look past Whitwell if I were Clarkrange. Whitwell always plays their opponents tough as they did the past two years.

I've said this in another thread but I'll say it again here. I wont be shocked if the Tigers lose this game, but I wouldn't be shocked if the Tigers won this game either. I think most people are going to be surprised at how close this game turns out no matter which team wins.

Whitwell has lost some games earlier in the season that they should have been able to win hands down but here over the past couple weeks they've really stepped up and played how they should. They got revenge against VanBuren winning 60-47 to advance to the Region 3A finals, and then humbled Silverdale (who most people thought had this in the bag) 65-41 to win the Region for the second year in a row.

The Tigers really got hot at exactly the right time and I know they'll be ready to play Saturday night and expect to win. The big question now is will Clarkrange come to Whitwell prepared to play a good team, or will they be looking forward to State a little too early. Silverdale can preach a little on overlooking a decent team.

It would be the all time biggest upset if Whitwell won this game. Bigger than Jimmy V's NC State team beating Houston for the national championship. You lost to VanBuren County a team that would not make it past the play in game of our district tournament. You're going against a Lamar Roger's coached team, a man who has won 8 state championships. His teams are always prepared so no worries there. I would love to see you guys beat them because they are the one team in Class A that has proven they can beat us but it ain't gonna happen. Because you are playing at home you will keep the score close for awhile but at the end of the evening it will be a 20+ point win for Clarkrange. I'm not trying to degrade or put down your program or the wonderful young ladies that have worked hard to get to this point because they deserve all the credit in the world. Its just a different kind of ball played up here with great coaching. I would like to say we can beat Riverdale but thats not going to happen either. Good luck to your team sir and I hope you're right!

Final score:

Clarkrange 68

Whitwell 41

It would be the all time biggest upset if Whitwell won this game. Bigger than Jimmy V's NC State team beating Houston for the national championship. You lost to VanBuren County a team that would not make it past the play in game of our district tournament. You're going against a Lamar Roger's coached team, a man who has won 8 state championships. His teams are always prepared so no worries there. I would love to see you guys beat them because they are the one team in Class A that has proven they can beat us but it ain't gonna happen. Because you are playing at home you will keep the score close for awhile but at the end of the evening it will be a 20+ point win for Clarkrange. I'm not trying to degrade or put down your program or the wonderful young ladies that have worked hard to get to this point because they deserve all the credit in the world. Its just a different kind of ball played up here with great coaching. I would like to say we can beat Riverdale but thats not going to happen either. Good luck to your team sir and I hope you're right!

Final score:

Clarkrange 68

Whitwell 41

devilfanatic has a few points here.

Whitwell beat VanBuren early in the season and then lost to them towards the end of the season. They did the same with Sale Creek, win early lose late. There has definitely been some inconsistency at points this season for Whitwell. However, Whitwell has really stepped it up as of late. Whitwell lost to VanBuren by a few points back on 02/04/13 but then beat them by 13 when it really mattered to play in the Region 3 Championship game.

Then they played Silverdale in the Region Final and shocked a lot of Silverdale fans. Most everyone other than Whitwell fans just knew Silverdale had this one in the bag. They have a big time player and just knew she would lift Silverdale to an easy win. Besides, Silverdale had just whipped up on Sale Creek who had beaten Whitwell twice this year.... not so. Whitwell wins by 24 over Silverdale.

So yes, it does worry me that Whitwell has been somewhat inconsistent at points during the regular season, but in basketball a big factor in winning big games is getting hot at the right time. That seems to be exactly what Whitwell has done. Assuming they will still play hot I dont see this being a far apart as devilfanatic predicts.

Sure, Clarkrange has a great coach with a lot more hardware than Coach Zenson has.... yet. I promise you this though, Coach Z. is as good of a coach as any out there. Zenson hasn't been around a really long time and already has his Tigers teams looking better than any in the past, literally. So I'm not putting anything past either coach. I think they both know exactly what to do to win.

And I totally disagree that if the Tigers won it would be the biggest shocker ever. Just ask someone from the teams Whitwell has played from that region the past few years. The Lady Tigers dont roll over and give up. It's always a hard fought game.

Like I said before, I'm not going to consider a loss or a win a shock either way. This will be a close game.

Edited by Jashawn

devilfanatic has a few points here.

Whitwell beat VanBuren early in the season and then lost to them towards the end of the season. They did the same with Sale Creek, win early lose late. There has definitely been some inconsistency at points this season for Whitwell. However, Whitwell has really stepped it up as of late. Whitwell lost to VanBuren by a few points back on 02/04/13 but then beat them by 13 when it really mattered to play in the Region 3 Championship game.

Then they played Silverdale in the Region Final and shocked a lot of Silverdale fans. Most everyone other than Whitwell fans just knew Silverdale had this one in the bag. They have a big time player and just knew she would lift Silverdale to an easy win. Besides, Silverdale had just whipped up on Sale Creek who had beaten Whitwell twice this year.... not so. Whitwell wins by 24 over Silverdale.

So yes, it does worry me that Whitwell has been somewhat inconsistent at points during the regular season, but in basketball a big factor in winning big games is getting hot at the right time. That seems to be exactly what Whitwell has done. Assuming they will still play hot I dont see this being a far apart as devilfanatic predicts.

Sure, Clarkrange has a great coach with a lot more hardware than Coach Zenson has.... yet. I promise you this though, Coach Z. is as good of a coach as any out there. Zenson hasn't been around a really long time and already has his Tigers teams looking better than any in the past, literally. So I'm not putting anything past either coach. I think they both know exactly what to do to win.

And I totally disagree that if the Tigers won it would be the biggest shocker ever. Just ask someone from the teams Whitwell has played from that region the past few years. The Lady Tigers dont roll over and give up. It's always a hard fought game.

Like I said before, I'm not going to consider a loss or a win a shock either way. This will be a close game.

Great post and you make some good points. No one gave David a chance against Goliath so stranger things have happened but Crange is just too good. They are 20 points better than the best team on your schedule this year but if it helps I'm pulling for y'all lol

You will have to stop their two super sophomores to beat them. #3 Shaver. #52 Cooper. They are pretty close to unstoppable. They are great players. Then about every other player they play can hit the 3. You will really have to hope you catch them on a off night. When they are playing their A game, they are TOUGH.

Well I certainly hope that Clarkrange is having more of an off night than a good night lol.

Obviously I would love to see the Tigers win and will be pulling for them, but as long as it's a great game I will be happy. There's nothing like a packed out gym with both sides rocking during a close game with something big on the line.

Well I certainly hope that Clarkrange is having more of an off night than a good night lol.

Obviously I would love to see the Tigers win and will be pulling for them, but as long as it's a great game I will be happy. There's nothing like a packed out gym with both sides rocking during a close game with something big on the line.

Home substate games are one of the best sporting events you can experience. Nothing like it!