Bradley defeats Blackmon

FootballFan51

Congrats to Bradley Central on making it to State. You deserve it.

Also, Very proud of the Lady Blaze this year. I never dreamed at the start of this year, that they would be this good as young as they are. I had a feeling that this game might be too much for the youth of Blackman but that will not be a problem next year. To go 26-5 starting 2 freshman and 1 sophomore is incredible. This team will be a contender for it all next year. Riverdales dominance of 7aaa and the state is nearly over. Blackmans time is coming. Go Lady Blaze!!! Do work in the offseason

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never saw what Reuter's second technical was for. Does anyone know? Her 4th foul (the charge) was legit because she was swinging her elbows as her arms were horizontal. What I thought might have been her second technical was when she walked back out to the ref to complain about the charging call, while her Dad was arguing with another official. But from what I understand, the technical had already been called before she left the bench area. Anyway, if a T hadn't already been called, then she may have got one for approaching the ref the way she did. Reuter did have some good blocked shots, but missed too many easy shots. The technicals were uncharacteristic of her from what I've seen of her this season.

Edited by blitzinbuc

Her 5th foul was called as a personal foul for being over the back in a rebounding effort and got her eliminated from further action in the game, relegating her to the bench. Her 2nd technical was called on this same play when she slammed the ball to the floor in frustration after the 5th foul and caught it on the rebound. Technically, she was out of the game and on the bench after the 5th foul on the personal . She was not ejected and asked to leave the floor as you would normally be after a 2nd technical foul so the foul should be called as a 'bench' technical. She moved to the bench and watched the rest of the game from there. It will be interesting to see what is officially decided on this.

Overall, it was an outstanding effort from a valiant Bearette team. Copeland is an absolute warrior! The guard play has recently been superb for the Bearettes despite some really silly turnovers that were unforced.

This Blackman team will have to be dealt with in the next couple of years because of their youth and inexperience. I thought that their youthfulness showed up greatly tonight starting in the 3rd quarter. Watch out for them in the next 2-3 years. They'll be the power out of that district and region.

Best of luck to both teams in the future!

Her 5th foul was called as a personal foul for being over the back in a rebounding effort and got her eliminated from further action in the game, relegating her to the bench. Her 2nd technical was called on this same play when she slammed the ball to the floor in frustration after the 5th foul and caught it on the rebound. Technically, she was out of the game and on the bench after the 5th foul on the personal .

I thought the foul on the rebound was her 4th foul. I think the technical for slamming ball (her 2nd T of game), was counted as the fifth foul, so that is why she left the game. But I was sitting in the nosebleed, so I'm not sure on that.

Her 5th foul was called as a personal foul for being over the back in a rebounding effort and got her eliminated from further action in the game, relegating her to the bench. Her 2nd technical was called on this same play when she slammed the ball to the floor in frustration after the 5th foul and caught it on the rebound. Technically, she was out of the game and on the bench after the 5th foul on the personal . She was not ejected and asked to leave the floor as you would normally be after a 2nd technical foul so the foul should be called as a 'bench' technical. She moved to the bench and watched the rest of the game from there. It will be interesting to see what is officially decided on this.

Overall, it was an outstanding effort from a valiant Bearette team. Copeland is an absolute warrior! The guard play has recently been superb for the Bearettes despite some really silly turnovers that were unforced.

This Blackman team will have to be dealt with in the next couple of years because of their youth and inexperience. I thought that their youthfulness showed up greatly tonight starting in the 3rd quarter. Watch out for them in the next 2-3 years. They'll be the power out of that district and region.

Best of luck to both teams in the future!

Coach was arguing that Rueter got fouled on that last one, rather than Rueter fouling the Blaze player. <shrug> there was enought contact both ways on that play that it could go either way.But slamming the ball was the "T", and while it is part of the rules, as the current interpretation goes, I would tend to suggest that calling a "T" on a player at point, IF they do not direct the frustration at someone, is a bit ticky tack. But that is just me.

I have been known to slam my hand or fist on an inanimate object when mad at myself a few times. I'll bet that official has too. ;)

Course the world (as evidenced by the rules enacted by various entities) today wants robots...

I thought the foul on the rebound was her 4th foul. I think the technical for slamming ball (her 2nd T of game), was counted as the fifth foul, so that is why she left the game. But I was sitting in the nosebleed, so I'm not sure on that.

She got her 3rd foul on a play along the Bradley Cheering section (I was in nosebleed too, and couldn't see that actual play) and the 4th was the Tech after that play. She went to the bench then. The 5th on the rebound, fouled her out, then she got the T for slamming the ball.