Old School Cannon County Fans

pioneer42

This is not new to old school Cannon County Fans. Julie Powell beat us at the buzzer in 1988 or 1989 in the semis at the Glass house. One of our good starting guards didn't play because she was Seventh Day Adventist. Cannon County won the state that year. That shot haunted Gibson County for years. It is still talked about regularly.

Really we have three threads talking about this now!! The shot was made and counted as good. It's over. Was it a good shot idk even with the videos I cant tell exactly when it was out. My origonal thought was its late but now idk. and i'm going to leave it at that. Was the shot in the state tourny just like this one or was it clearly good/bad

Edited by LA_Wildcats

This is not new to old school Cannon County Fans. Julie Powell beat us at the buzzer in 1988 or 1989 in the semis at the Glass house. One of our good starting guards didn't play because she was Seventh Day Adventist. Cannon County won the state that year. That shot haunted Gibson County for years. It is still talked about regularly.

I was there. She was always money.

Really we have three threads talking about this now!! The shot was made and counted as good. It's over. Was it a good shot idk even with the videos I cant tell exactly when it was out. My origonal thought was its late but now idk. and i'm going to leave it at that. Was the shot in the state tourny just like this one or was it clearly good/bad

No. The shot was good. It still haunts the heck out of GC though. That was our best team other than the 2009 and 2010 teams.

A mess is what happened tonight from the way it sounded.

No. The shot was good. It still haunts the heck out of GC though. That was our best team other than the 2009 and 2010 teams.

GC had some great teams in '09 '10 they beat us in the Championship game in the glass house in '09. It was a great atmosphere

A mess is what happened tonight from the way it sounded.

GC had some great teams in '09 '10 they beat us in the Championship game in the glass house in '09. It was a great atmosphere

Yeah I was there. You guys got us a couple of times as well in earlier years. Gibson County and Livingston Academy has had some really good teams through the years. Remember one year we were beating you guys pretty good at half and the Watson girl killed us in the 2nd Half. She went off.

Yeah I was there. You guys got us a couple of times as well in earlier years. Gibson County and Livingston Academy has had some really good teams through the years. Remember one year we were beating you guys pretty good at half and the Watson girl killed us in the 2nd Half. She went off.

Funny you mention her. You must be talking about Sunday Watson. I bowl with her on a league. She works with my girlfriends sister. Unforutantly she dosen't seam to care much for the game anymore. I can never get her to talk about it. I was very happy to get to meet her because she was so good and had heard so much about her, and she don't want to talk about basketball

Funny you mention her. You must be talking about Sunday Watson. I bowl with her on a league. She works with my girlfriends sister. Unforutantly she dosen't seam to care much for the game anymore. I can never get her to talk about it. I was very happy to get to meet her because she was so good and had heard so much about her, and she don't want to talk about basketball

Can't remember the year. But it was indeed Sunday Watson. We were undefeated that year. I am pretty sure you guys won the state that year. If I am not mistaken we were undefeated another year a couple of years after that and you guys put that press on us and beat us. I have tried a zillion times on tssaa.org to find a site that showed the old brackets that go back to the 80's, 90's and 2000's. I haven't found it.

Woodvegas. What happend in the last 6 seconds. Last post I seen was MC was up by 1. What happend? Central miss front end of a two shot bonus and make the second?

Cannon County (28-6) watched a 13-point third-quarter lead dwindle away as McMinn Central guard Sidni Williams scored 12 of her 16 points in the final 8:12. Her drive gave the Chargerettes their first lead since the second quarter at 53-51, but Jakes' second 3-pointer with 2:13 remaining put the Lionettes back on top.

Kelsey Young had a putback with 1:00 remaining to put McMinn Central back on top by a point, but she and Williams missed three free throws in the final minute. Williams hit one of two free throws with 6.2 seconds to go, after which Dodgen called a timeout and set up a play.

The ball was inbounded to Sissom, who worked the ball up court to Jakes, whose 3 point shot rattled in.