Cutting weight at 50lbs. Really Murfreesboro Elite?

knuckles1975

Coach

I am so sorry that you are to stupid to comprehend the point of the K-5 all star team. Its not to stroke your ego about your kid, its to get the best wrestlers on the team so we can pick the kids for team Tennessee. If you don’t like the way its being done, quit focusing on your kid and get involved with the state. Quit coming on coach T and complaining about how things are done, and actually do something. I am so sick of whiney #### dads getting on here always complaining about how their kids got robbed of this opportunity or that opportunity when all they do is focus on their kid only and don’t give a crap about the rest of the state. You know who got robbed, every kid on my team. Year in and year out I focus my time on TNAAU and kids across the state. I spend my time at the head table fixing brackets, giving out medals, dealing with whiney people like you, and so on. When I should be in the corner coaching my wrestlers. Its people like you that run the good volunteers off because “no good deed goes unpunishedâ€. I created the TOP 100 and I catch crap from parents like you every day because you feel like it screwed your kid. I introduced the paperless system to Tennessee. I created criteria for our region dual team because nobody else would do it, and I catch crap from people like you because little Timmy could not win a challenge match. I AM DONE WITH IT. I will do no more for wrestling in the state. After next weekend, I will only focus on my child and my club ONLY. I hope you are happy. You just made wrestling in Tennessee and AAU weaker, and I am not the only person that people like you have run off. I hope you have the brains and the drive (I doubt it) to pick up the ball and improve the state. I guess only time will tell.

Oh, now back to the issue at hand, no region champ was guaranteed any slot on the K-5 team because we must choose between tots, bantams, midgets and juniors. I am sorry that your son (think you might be bias) should be on a team over a kid who beat him in a wrestle off for that slot. Rather than sit here and complain, teach your kid to work a little harder, and maybe he will come out on top next time.

Don’t be mad at me; be mad at your coach for not communicating. Here is the exact email that was sent to your coach them on Feb 21st and what was explained in the coaches meeting. Pay close attention to the provided examples. The 55lb and 116lb examsples cover this scenario (MUST BE CLOSE ON WEIGHT).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coaches,

Middle school is a very straight forward selection process. However, the elementary team is not. We have 4 divisions that we must select the team from. Below are the criteria that will be used. Please pass this on to your parents. They must understand the challenge matches will occur after the region championship. If a lower level wrestler (midget, bantam, etc...) plans to challenge, they will need to return to the tournament by 4PM the day of regions.

Below is a breakdown of the Elementary dual weight classes. Please note some of the weight classes are different than our standard weights. With that said, the team will be filled starting with juniors and working our way down (wrestlers must be in grades k-5). This means a junior in 6th grade is not eligible.

I also understand in some cases a lower level wrestler may be better than the senior level wrestler, so we will give them option to challenge. However, in an effort to reduce the number of challenge matches we will use the below criteria.

2]1. Slot is assigned to highest placing 5th grader for all Juniors in that weight class (should they want it)

2]2. Lower level wresters who are region champs can challenge for that slot.

2]3. Whoever wins the challenge match would have that slot.

Challenge matches will occur at the conclusion of the tournament (all wresters in challenge matches must report at 4PM). This means juniors will need to plan on staying until the tournament is over and Midgets will need to stay or come back for the challenge match.

Below is an example of selection criteria:

Dual weight class 55lbs – Slot will go to highest placing Junior (5th Grade) at 60lbs (must be close on weight). If a the region champ in the Midget declare a challenge, they will wrestle off after 4PM and winner will earn slot.

Dual weight class 60lbs – Slot will go to highest placing Junior (5th Grade) at 60lbs.If a the region champ in the Midget declare a challenge, they will wrestle off after 4PM and winner will earn slot.

Dual weight class 116lbs - Slot will go to highest placing Junior (5th Grade) at 112lbs or 120lbs (120 has to be close on weight). If both weights want the slot, there will be challenge match around 4PM after tournament. The midget 120 (must be close on weight) if a region champ can challenge the above winner.

Wow, you work with elementary kids! You openly show your character on a public message board makes me wonder how you deal with kids.

Gasp! Airing AAU dirty laundry on a message board. Why, the nerve!!! Please, please don't let the word get out that something is not perfect in the land of TN AAU.

You're right Darrell, lets keep it hush hush since Salter has now publicly showed his character.

Things happen when emotions run high. Things get said, that do not display a persons true character at times like this. It just does not serve our sport well when we have individuals (regardless of what the letters of the organization are they belong). You are quick to judge people based on an emotional outburst or two. You do it it to keep things stirred-up. I recognize this because I too do this on occasion but not as often as I used to. I realized what a waste of time and effort it is (but I know it can be enjoyable for a giggle or two for the one who stirs it up). This is one reason why I stated that it would be better for all involved (the individuals and the organizations they too: TeamTN AAU, USA, AAA, Republican Party, Democratic Party, Baptist Church or any church,, NRA, NAACP, PETA, ...whatever organization they belong to) would just get together and discuss the situation and resolve the situation. Like people used to. It still works.

Edited by galloppingghost77

Mr. Squad,no one has ever claimed that the world of TNAAU as you put it is perfect nor will it ever be because there is no way to ever make everyone happy with what a person or an organization does. There will always be critics,much like yourself. Criticism can be very good and constructive. It pushes us to keep making improvements and address the areas which there seem to be a concern or a problem. We always have and hopefully always will. I even looked into your complaints concerning each and every issue of a tournament held in Pigeon Forge a couple of monthes back. From complaints on the officials to the deer chili which you detested so much.

What I found out: The Officials: the assigner of officials had 4 refs back out of calling the event on very short notice, 3 of them the day before and all of them certified TSSAA officials.. He called several more but due to prior committments or illness other TSSAA officials could not be hired. So was the options: go with 8 refs on 6 mats. Could have done that, but the event would not have ended until about 10-11 PM Saturday night. Or option 2, go with 3 of our local AAU Officials, (have a TSSAA official or Tournament Committee person observing the new/younger ones as an extra set of eyes) and run all the mats with 11 officials. The decision was made to do the latter.

The Deer Chili: I looked into this matter as well. I am a very good cook and I make a dang GREAT chili, so I consider myself an expert. I tried the deer chili and it was wonderful. Had great flavor and texture! The only complaint I had for the Chili is it was not spicy enough (anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE FOOD THAT IS SPICY!)

So Mr Squad, keep doing what you are doing. If you see something that TeamTN can do better or if you observe something that is being done wrong, please identify it for us. This way we can keep improving what we do and how we do it. Also, the invitation that I extended to you 2 monthes ago still is open. If you really want to be involved but feel that your opinion is not wanted, just call me: 865-755-7872. The offer then was a sincere one as it is now. I was really looking forward to learning more about Track Wrestling and you stated that at one time you tried to share this information with TeamTN and no ne would listen. I will listen and I want to learn more about it.

Rarely does a K wrestle a 5th grader. Usually, the weight classes match up within 2 years of age of the participants.

I urge all of you on here to please stop this type of discussion/banter on this public forum. It is accomplishing nothing and is not deserving of quality of men that I know some of you are. Discuss it in person. Make a phone call. Email each other.

I have known and worked with John Salter for many years. Most things we agree on and some we did not but we always could discuss it like men (not on public forums). He has done many things for the sport in his area and the state.

Darrell, you are correct in that this should not be aired in public and that these people should be discussing this person to person; however, John Salter came on here and blasted a person in defense of himself. John blasted somebody who, according to posts on here, did not do anything. John jumped the gun and in my opinion, owes this parent an apology. Somebody posts a concern about the wrestle-off situation for Team Tennessee and John rants about all he has done for the sport and blasts the parent of the wrestler. The parent was not involved in this until John called him out and threw him under the bus. Also, it appears all was not true what John said. Maybe you need to talk to John and have him refrain from venting on this board as his post really showed how shallow he is. To be honest with you, it was embarrassing.

Darrell, you are correct in that this should not be aired in public and that these people should be discussing this person to person; however, John Salter came on here and blasted a person in defense of himself. John blasted somebody who, according to posts on here, did not do anything. John jumped the gun and in my opinion, owes this parent an apology. Somebody posts a concern about the wrestle-off situation for Team Tennessee and John rants about all he has done for the sport and blasts the parent of the wrestler. The parent was not involved in this until John called him out and threw him under the bus. Also, it appears all was not true what John said. Maybe you need to talk to John and have him refrain from venting on this board as his post really showed how shallow he is. To be honest with you, it was embarrassing.

hoosier, that is why I urge everyone to discuss these kinds of issues with direct contact with that person. I have read the entire thread and I know where it began. Embarassing yes for all that are involved, that is why I suggest that matters like these are best discussed between the 2 parties involved.

hoosier, that is why I urge everyone to discuss these kinds of issues with direct contact with that person. I have read the entire thread and I know where it began. Embarassing yes for all that are involved, that is why I suggest that matters like these are best discussed between the 2 parties involved.

It is really embarrassing for the parent and the wrestler who were drug into this without their knowledge. John thought it was the parent on here venting and it appears it was not. This was classless.

My son is 8 and an excellent wrestler, he has attended dual tournaments on a few different teams. He was successful at duals where it was a K-3 format, but when you are talking K-5 or an open format you had better think twice if you think your 6 year old is ready. Mine was not on some occasions. A recent example was at the Liberty Duals. He held the 55 spot for Team Minion in an open format, meaning that all ages were welcome if they made weight. He lost all 4 matches by pin or Maj that day. That hasn't happened to him since he started at 4. Luckily he is full of confidence and it only made him better. My point is that he faced 10U kids and 12U kids that were cutting down from 60 to be on their team, and he wasn't ready at 8 with two State Championships and 3 All-Americas under his belt. I have seen your son at some of the tournaments we have been to and he is a capable wrestler and will be great I am sure of it, but don't be so eager to throw him to the wolves just yet. ^_^

I don't particularly know what you are talking about here. I'm not throwing him to the wolves. He wrestled on the dual team last year at five. Just as I stated in my earlier post, I don't care if my kid is on the dual team! This was simply a matter of the Rules, not who is or isn't the better wrestler. I have spoken with Mr. Salter and this is a non issue moving forward. As I stated above, it was as simply a communication breakdown. Per the rules thy I received, we wrestled off according to the rules and my child lost fair and square. I have no shame in losing a hard fought match! This is the nature of the sport. Like I said, this is now a non issue. Lets have fun and cheer on our kids at state!

It is really embarrassing for the parent and the wrestler who were drug into this without their knowledge. John thought it was the parent on here venting and it appears it was not. This was classless.

Hoosier,

I agree with you. I jumped to a conclusion that I should not have. I was frustrated and I let it get the best of me. It was not this one situation but years of people beating down the volunteers who dedicate their time to make the sport better. With that said, I spoke to the dad last night and the air is clear. We are both fine and that’s what matters. What this situation has shown is that I do need to stop my involvement and focus on my son and team only. I have let too many outside sources frustrate me to the point where it is no longer fun. Cheers and best of luck to everyone this weekend.

Lay off Salter! You really have no idea what these guys do to develop the future of wrestling for Tenn. THE Legendary Galloping "Knoxville boosting" Ghost is respected more than many of you may even know along with the vandergriff animal ...the future of region 2 has been already shown the fruits,,, more to come! Same for John & co in middle Tn. This is the kind of thing that leads to these fine finishes of PF, Beech, Heritage and what Halls has coming up!