AA State Tourney

dctiger

Unluckiest postseason tournament team: Lipscomb Academy. Had to play both teams now in the finals.

Lost to CPA in District finals in double overtime, and lost to Macon County in Region semi-finals, also in double overtime.

Good luck to both teams.

would have beaten CPA if not for that 40 ft buzzer shot by legate

Why did Macon change their offense in 4th quarter? Cost them the game.

Agree, should have went one way or the other, play the way they were playing or use their guards to totally control the clock, the in between approach did not go well. But what a shot by a freshman who was not even being guarded the last 2:00 as Macon dropped off her to help in post and was not even looking to score until she let if fly from 3, scoring at the buzzer.

Ridiculous rule to begin with. But mostly the selective enforcement of the rule is ridiculous. The rule should have been enforce in one of the previous games in the last two years which would include four previous state tournament games. It also should have been called prior to the start of the game when it would have only cost 2 free throws and not a change of possession. However

Elizabethton's coaches were obviously upset that the half inch swoosh gave CPA a decided advantage and waited to bring it to the refs attention to when it would give them the greatest advantage.

Should the CPA coaches have known about the rule? Yes. So they are to blame as well. But don't we want state championships decided on the court by the players and not by a uniform snafu?

Now I may be completely wrong and our coach's did bring up the swoosh but it did not appear they were any more aware of what was going on that CPA's coach when the refs came over after meeting in the middle of the court at the end of the 1st quarter buzzer and apparently discucssing it. Maybe one of the refs for that game was aware of the rule but had not called one of CPA's games before last night - I have no idea. But if it was Elizabethton's coaches who knew about the rule how would the end of the 1st quarter be the moment it gave them the biggest advantage to do so?

Now I may be completely wrong and our coach's did bring up the swoosh but it did not appear they were any more aware of what was going on that CPA's coach when the refs came over after meeting in the middle of the court at the end of the 1st quarter buzzer and apparently discucssing it. Maybe one of the refs for that game was aware of the rule but had not called one of CPA's games before last night - I have no idea. But if it was Elizabethton's coaches who knew about the rule how would the end of the 1st quarter be the moment it gave them the biggest advantage to do so?

I don't want to make a big deAl out of this. However if the TF was called at the beginning of the game the. You don't have two possessions changing as well as the free throws. Bottom line is that CPA coaches shouldn't have let it be an issue.

I assume that if the refs called it on their own then the would have called it before the game started. Why call it at the start of second quarter?