TNAAU State Tourney

LightsOutWrestler

When will the brackets be posted for kids state this weekend??

Not sure i would expect it to be too soon given that the registration isn't even active yet.

I would imagine that they won't post them until late Friday night / early Saturday after weigh-ins have been completed.

It would be nice to know how the seeding will be handled no wthat there are 5 Regions. I would suspect it would be by the following, but this is just my guess/opinion for what it is worth.

1. Returning State Champion and Region Champion

2. Returning State Placer and Region Champion

3. Returning State Champion and Region Placer

4. Returning State Placer and Region Placer

5. Based on Trackwrestling rating.

What do you think or does someone know what it is?

It would be nice to know how the seeding will be handled no wthat there are 5 Regions. I would suspect it would be by the following, but this is just my guess/opinion for what it is worth.

1. Returning State Champion and Region Champion

2. Returning State Placer and Region Champion

3. Returning State Champion and Region Placer

4. Returning State Placer and Region Placer

5. Based on Trackwrestling rating.

What do you think or does someone know what it is?

I have no inside knowledge but some discussions with those who would know lead me to believe that there won't be any straight seeding done for the tournament.

My understanding is that they are trying to separate the tournament so that region champions wrestle other region 4th place finishers in the first round, 2nd's wrestle 3rd's, etc. They were trying to keep it so that different region champions were put into the same half brackets each weight (ex. region 1, 3, and 5 in one half in weight 1 while in weight 2 it might be region 1, 2, and 4). This would eliminate the complaint from certain regions if thy were "unfairly" matched up with the "stronger" region.

I have no inside knowledge but some discussions with those who would know lead me to believe that there won't be any straight seeding done for the tournament.

My understanding is that they are trying to separate the tournament so that region champions wrestle other region 4th place finishers in the first round, 2nd's wrestle 3rd's, etc. They were trying to keep it so that different region champions were put into the same half brackets each weight (ex. region 1, 3, and 5 in one half in weight 1 while in weight 2 it might be region 1, 2, and 4). This would eliminate the complaint from certain regions if thy were "unfairly" matched up with the "stronger" region.

Hopefully they will give some weight to the kids past accomplishments at State and placing at Region Saturday. Especiallly since there is no challenge for 2nd. In this case you really have to do some sort of seeding.

Unless they changed it from last year, there is no seedlings. They use a slotted system that rotates for each weight class. For example, middle school 70s 1 seed will be the region 1 champ. Middle school 75s 1 seed will be the region 2 champ, and the seeds keep rotating between each region.

They should allow challenges for second in that case. When you don't truly seed an event you could see the "Finals Match" play out in earlier rounds. If the guy that is good enough to get second gets put out early due to seeding, he desrves a chance at true second IMO. Once again not worth much, and like I always tell my boy, "you have to win them all no matter what".

I've been to the past (6) AAU State Tournaments. What I remember is they seeded randomly based on regional placing. In the six years I've been involved, I don't remember seeding really being a problem, or anybody complaining about it.

It all kind of worked itself out, and the cream generally rose to the top.

Guys, seeding would be great but honestly unless someone can take a week off of work it's not going to happen. There are over 60 weight classes. Not only that but with the 5 different age groups you would have to set up a whole list of criteria on which state champions and which weights and which age groups are given priority in the seeding process. To make it even harder is you can't even start the process until 8pm pm on Friday night once the weigh ins are complete. It simply isn't feasible . The rotational basis of separating region champs with the runner ups on the opposite side of the bracket is as close to perfect as we can get it. A true second may be an option but it would kind of mess up showcasing the finals and a parade of champions prior to the finals.