AA Basketball: Who Comes Back Strong?

bballer1

They're private schools in the sense that you have to pay to go there. Most parents send their children to private schools for the quality of education, and in CAK's case, for a Christian education. I'm sure there are some who choose a private school for sports, but there's nothing wrong with that since they're paying tuition.

They're considered private because each student must fill out an application and be accepted.

Also...since they win almost all district titles and finish at the top in state in alot of sports....I think it could be said that alot are choosing CAK for sports.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're considered private because each student must fill out an application and be accepted.

Also...since they win almost all district titles and finish at the top in state in alot of sports....I think it could be said that alot are choosing CAK for sports.

The problem comes when the application and acceptance process is waived for students who play sports and they don't have to pay their tuition. That's the recruiting factor that people are speaking of. When the athletes' tuition is waived. What parent wouldn't take that upgrade on academics and athletics for free?

And before anyone says that doesn't happen, don't. I've seen it first-hand.

Livingston returns everything except the shooter Staggs. They also should have a dandy incoming freshman class and those other classes will only get stronger and more experienced.

There was a poster that said York. No, not if the current coach is there. Why? I don't think those incoming freshman want to play second fiddle in their own county for four years, therefore I don't see them going to YAI.

CAK and LA would be my two favorites to win the thing next year. Elizabethton would be right there as well. I saw someone say the great recruiter, I mean Coach, Mighty Joe Young, won't be at Central? Did the buzzer beater drive him to move on?

The problem comes when the application and acceptance process is waived for students who play sports and they don't have to pay their tuition. That's the recruiting factor that people are speaking of. When the athletes' tuition is waived. What parent wouldn't take that upgrade on academics and athletics for free?

And before anyone says that doesn't happen, don't. I've seen it first-hand.

You may have seen it first hand, but how many times and at what schools? To imply it happens en-masse, everywhere, for all athletes is just false! Matter of fact, I'd say it's a very rare situation at a Christian school.

Livingston returns everything except the shooter Staggs. They also should have a dandy incoming freshman class and those other classes will only get stronger and more experienced.

There was a poster that said York. No, not if the current coach is there. Why? I don't think those incoming freshman want to play second fiddle in their own county for four years, therefore I don't see them going to YAI.

CAK and LA would be my two favorites to win the thing next year. Elizabethton would be right there as well. I saw someone say the great recruiter, I mean Coach, Mighty Joe Young, won't be at Central? Did the buzzer beater drive him to move on?

I think CAK would have to be "one of the favorites" to win next year.

Joe Young accepted the assistant girls basketball coaching position at Tennessee Wesleyan College in Athens. His oldest daughter is a high school Senior and will be attending TWC on a soccer scholarship. Since TWC is private they don't give full rides and it's very expensive.....but because he'll be a coach there she'll probably get to go there free. Joe has been courted by many schools, but seemed happy as an ####'t. at Central, however the offer from TWC with the free college education for his daughter was a financial move he couldn't resist.