DoD (District of Death)

soccerlover03

Who will survive the DoD this season? Will Bearden make another run at it? Will it be Farragut? This year the regular season champ will get an automatic bid to the region semifinals. Now they are on the same terms as Brentwood, which failed to make it out of their own district tourney last season as they won a state championship. Who do you have winning the best district in the state?

Based only on pre-season results, it looks like the 2 best teams will be Catholic and Farragut...Bearden, who is typically strong, got spanked by CAK, CAK didn't even play Creel and Holt isn't playing this season...West will be strong , but probably a spoiler ,and I am putting them 3rd..Maryville , on paper , is strong , but hasn't dominated pre-season play( maybe they are holding back)...anyway..lets see how accurate I am

1.Catholic

2. Farragut

3. West

4.Maryville

5. Bearden

6.....etc...

• 2 weeks later...

May I throw something out there about a team from this area?

Please discourage students from all the racist shenanigans that go on when they play Lenoir City. I saw it first hand last night and the coach told me they deal with that almost every single game. Kids wore bahas, sombreros, and had fake donkeys they "rode" over on the sidelines. If that goes on every week, I wonder why it hasn't been stopped yet.