TSCA Top Ten Poll

TSCA

Well it is still early and things have already changed since last time several teams are playing really well and some still have some injuries and just getting their basketball players back. No doubt it will change again by next week but we hope you enjoy. Remember to be in the top ten your school must be a member of Tennessee Softball Coaches Association.

AAA

1. Clarksville High School

2. Knoxville Farragut

3. Daniel Boone

4. Brighton

5. Coffee County

6. Munford

7. Clarksville NE

8. Beech

9. Kenwood

10. Portland

AA

1. Lexington

2. Camden

3. Goodpasture

4. Gibbs

5. Unicoi County

6. Montgomery Central

7. Grainger

8. Happy Valley

9. Waverly

10. Upperman

A

1. Decatur County

2. University School of Johnson City

3. Columbia Academy

4. Friendship Christian

5. East Robertson

6. Gordonsville

7. Sale Creek

8. Trousdale County

9. Coalfield

10. Collinwood

DII A/AA

1. University School of Jackson

2. Briarcrest

3. Ezell-Harding

4. Tipton-Rosemark Academy

5. Jackson Christian

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AA Lexington is your number 1, I need to know why you think this. They play in a weak district, and even a weaker region, they have a free pass to the state tournament every year only to get get thumped by the teams there. These should be your top 5 in any order at this stage of the season. Unicoi, Gibbs, Goodpasture,Upperman and possibly East Hamilton or Greenbrier!

Well it is still early and things have already changed since last time several teams are playing really well and some still have some injuries and just getting their basketball players back. No doubt it will change again by next week but we hope you enjoy. Remember to be in the top ten your school must be a member of Tennessee Softball Coaches Association.

AAA

1. Clarksville High School

2. Knoxville Farragut

3. Daniel Boone

4. Brighton

5. Coffee County

6. Munford

7. Clarksville NE

8. Beech

9. Kenwood

10. Portland

AA

1. Lexington

2. Camden

3. Goodpasture

4. Gibbs

5. Unicoi County

6. Montgomery Central

7. Grainger

8. Happy Valley

9. Waverly

10. Upperman

A

1. Decatur County

2. University School of Johnson City

3. Columbia Academy

4. Friendship Christian

5. East Robertson

6. Gordonsville

7. Sale Creek

8. Trousdale County

9. Coalfield

10. Collinwood

DII A/AA

1. University School of Jackson

2. Briarcrest

3. Ezell-Harding

4. Tipton-Rosemark Academy

5. Jackson Christian

Very interesting. We will see how Portland finishes in AAA. I wish them the best, but this is ridiculus. I watched them play this weekend and there is no way they will be in the top ten in AAA this year.

Very interesting. We will see how Portland finishes in AAA. I wish them the best, but this is ridiculus. I watched them play this weekend and there is no way they will be in the top ten in AAA this year.

I don't see Portland in the top 10 either I think he is just throwing out names based on what they are doing now against teams who in the past having done so well in that case Sycamore should be in AA top 10 because according to their schedule they are 2-0 and beat teams like PV Christian and Clarksville NW by over 15 runs. It's all in who you play and what you have. Portland plays Soddy and Riverdale on a daily basis and they would not even be in his top 25

I don't see Portland in the top 10 either I think he is just throwing out names based on what they are doing now against teams who in the past having done so well in that case Sycamore should be in AA top 10 because according to their schedule they are 2-0 and beat teams like PV Christian and Clarksville NW by over 15 runs. It's all in who you play and what you have. Portland plays Soddy and Riverdale on a daily basis and they would not even be in his top 25

Guys you must understand. This Top 10 is set by the TSCA. It is a new High School Coaches association and they only vote on schools that are members of the organization. I agree there are some questionable honorees in this poll, but remember this poll is based on who gets the most votes from members, thus it not reflect the actual results because there are teams that are not represented. My suggestion, get your coaches to sign up and get involved, I know Ive been trying to get ours to.

Guys you must understand. This Top 10 is set by the TSCA. It is a new High School Coaches association and they only vote on schools that are members of the organization. I agree there are some questionable honorees in this poll, but remember this poll is based on who gets the most votes from members, thus it not reflect the actual results because there are teams that are not represented. My suggestion, get your coaches to sign up and get involved, I know Ive been trying to get ours to.

I understand but how can coaches vote on teams who historically don't play after district to be in the Top 10 in the State?? Reality is these coaches need to vote on teams who actually deserve to be put there!

I understand but how can coaches vote on teams who historically don't play after district to be in the Top 10 in the State?? Reality is these coaches need to vote on teams who actually deserve to be put there!

It is not what you have done last year or five years ago.It is about what you are doing now. It remains to be seen where Portland finishes but don't bash them for getting better. They will be a contender in 9-AAA along with historical favorites Beech, Mount Juliet and Wilson Central.

Edited by getmesomemore

It is not what you have done last year or five years ago.It is about what you are doing now. It remains to be seen where Portland finishes but don't bash them for getting better. They will be a contender in 9-AAA along with historical favorites Beech, Mount Juliet and Wilson Central.

Okay and your basing them being contenders based on what?? The play days and scrimmage tourneys? They are nowhere close to a Soddy, Riverdale, Coffee County. I am not knocking Portland for getting better I am knocking the people voting them in the top 10 in the State? I hope Portland does well and they continue to get better but it's hard to compete with schools that have about 40 players come to tryouts and get to choose 9 very good players. It's not about going back to last year or even five years. It's about the teams that play in spring fling almost every year. Sorry if I upset any Portland fans but I am not sure you are top 10 material!!

Okay and your basing them being contenders based on what?? The play days and scrimmage tourneys? They are nowhere close to a Soddy, Riverdale, Coffee County. I am not knocking Portland for getting better I am knocking the people voting them in the top 10 in the State? I hope Portland does well and they continue to get better but it's hard to compete with schools that have about 40 players come to tryouts and get to choose 9 very good players. It's not about going back to last year or even five years. It's about the teams that play in spring fling almost every year. Sorry if I upset any Portland fans but I am not sure you are top 10 material!!

Who is in your top 10 in AAA?