Wrestler matrix...thoughts?

CPOPE2

I can fully appreciate that and I figured that was the rational as to why some tournaments hide their registration and also the matrix. I do question whether or not hiding the matrix will increase registration, I personally don't think that it does because for every kid that you gained because they were unsure of who or how many were going to be in their weight class, I am betting you lost 1.5 in kids who ended up not signing up thinking it wasn't going to be a quality bracket for them especially kids that were traveling long distances. I am going through the same thought process with the East Coast nationals this weekend. Im am still on the fence because I am not sure if they are going to have a good turnout or not and it a really long drive for me for my son to have a 3 man bracket...

Now, I am sure if I ever ran a large tournament I am sure I would get extremely apprehensive the week of a tournament if my registration was light and I would probably end up hiding the matrix myself so I don't blame you at all. But there is no way to really test if showing the registration and matrix increases or decreases registration as there are so many other factors that effect a tournaments total registration each week so I guess we will never really know but my gut feeling is that it that it actually hurts registration. Now as for changing human behavior and getting wrestling parents not to wait till the last hour to register, nothing you do is ever going to change that.....

BTW.... really great job this weekend.. The spring nationals was the best run tournament of the year in my opinion. You guys did a great job... awesome tournament.....

Edited by durdon