Best Pitchers

Deion24

One thing is for sure, Jones is not throwing 67 mph. She is a very good pitcher that will do well in college softball. Cory may or may not be in the best 5 in the state. She is very good and is a dominant pitcher in her district. She will do well in college. Why do we need to bring up the names of minors on a public forum. Wish them the best and move on.

Edited by Ace1

One thing is for sure, Jones is not throwing 67 mph. She is a very good pitcher that will do well in college softball. Cory may or may not be in the best 5 in the state. She is very good and is a dominant pitcher in her district. She will do well in college. Why do we need to bring up the names of minors on a public forum. Wish them the best and move on.

Because it's a message board. What is somebody supposed to say? "Hey, that pitcher from Possumtown can really bring it"..........

"jones is not throwing 67 mph" in one sentence..........."Why do we need to bring up the names of minors on a public forum?" - A couple of sentences later.....? Good rationale.

Very interesting approach........... ...I dont care how fast you throw......you can catch up to speed.......junk ballers do just as well if not better in college........just ask UT in the college world series a few years ago when they had Abbott that could hit 70 mph and Arizona threw thier junk baller throwing maybe 60 and most of the time in the high 40s with off speed.................I know there are differances in competition levels, but if you want to know a true pitchers quality lets start hearing some ERAs..........

We played one fall tournament and a couple of games at UT stadium.

So looks like Bama was A. )either at the fall tournament........or B.) drove to Knoxville for one of your games in the fall.

or

C.) is jealous that his "princess in Possumtown" hasn't gotten the attention that this particular pitcher has gotten.

So looks like Bama was A. )either at the fall tournament........or B.) drove to Knoxville for one of your games in the fall.

or

C.) is jealous that his "princess in Possumtown" hasn't gotten the attention that this particular pitcher has gotten.

I would go with C.

Fury96, I can also attest to KK throwing at least 67. Have faced her in the summer. She is legit high 60s. You are spot-on with her. For the record, we have played 41 games so far in high school. Played in 4 tourneys. I clock every pitcher that appears to throw hard because i dont like bad info. Here is the reality. I have only clocked 5 pitchers that have hit 60. Top speed was Bledsoe Co pitcher at 62. Other four who have hit 60-61 are Carly Lewis- Seymour, Miranda Duncan-Seymour, Madie Ogle-Maryville, Jordan Fortell-Greeneville, and Marissa ? -Dobyns Bennett. I have not seen other top pitchers like Jennings, Cartright, or Prince, so cannot comment on their speed.

For information purposes, did you clock Hill from Jeff Co. She was clocked at 58 a year ago at the Gibbs tourney. She throws about three different speeds during a game and that is when she is only throwing her hard stuff. I have seen her just let one go and it is very apparent it is harder than other stuff. By the way she did sign with Walters State this past week. just wondering if you had clocked her. thanks

I don't understand you all you talk about all these girls well the Jones girl took coffee county to the state last year and they finished 3rd and she was a freshmen and had 177 strike outs all the girls your talking about more than likely are juniors and seniors Jones is probably the most dominant pitcherin tennessee

or

I agree with Hunter and would go with C on this one as well. Bama also wants to remain behind the curtain. Now thats a shocker