Best Pitchers

Deion24

Meagan Prince and Cori Jennings have proven themselves on a national scale. This thread started as "Best Pitchers " and these two should be at the top. There are too may variables in high school softball (catchers, defense & run support) to make a true evaluation.

I beg to differ with this statementl. The question should be, regardless of team, who would you want on the mound to give your team the best chance of winning.

Not having seen all of the pitchers in the state, I would hesitate to decide who is the best. I have not seen any dominating pitchers (rarely come along), but I have seen some very good pitchers this year. I think all mentioned are good pitchers but to come up with some creative manipulations of stats and game results to determine who is best does all of these players a disservice.

Hill at JCHS throws perfect game against Cherokee and gave up only 1 to Riverdale in the bottom of the seventh with two outs on a single and two bloops. 9 shut outs so far. Top five is impossible to say, but the girls that are being mentioned should be considered top of the Tennessee game.

Hill is a really good pitcher. Doesn't throw hard, but location is outstanding. Is she being recruited?

Has talked to Walters State but no pen and paper yet. Size has been her issue. 5' 2" 114 lb. Have seen college coaches walk up and see her only to leave without watching her pitch. Third lowest ERA in the state last year (.726) and flirting with 1.0 this season against pretty stout schedule. Throws high 50's low 60's, but that is not her game. Location and movement are her strong points. 9 shut outs only gave up one to Seymour and Riverdale both on bloop hits just over the infield. Low walk to strike out count. I think she has 13 walks so far this season, has hit a few this year though trying to bust the inside. Not a big strikeout pitcher, averaging between 6 and 7 per game this year, but keeps the ball in the infield with a lot of pop ups and soft grounders. Doesnt get hit hard much. Three HRs last season and currently has given 3 this year. To sum it up, nothing phases her,If you want a pitcher that will keep you in the game mentally and physically, she is the one you want on the mound. Gives her offense a chance to win every game with very few exceptions.

Has talked to Walters State but no pen and paper yet. Size has been her issue. 5' 2" 114 lb. Have seen college coaches walk up and see her only to leave without watching her pitch. Third lowest ERA in the state last year (.726) and flirting with 1.0 this season against pretty stout schedule. Throws high 50's low 60's, but that is not her game. Location and movement are her strong points. 9 shut outs only gave up one to Seymour and Riverdale both on bloop hits just over the infield. Low walk to strike out count. I think she has 13 walks so far this season, has hit a few this year though trying to bust the inside. Not a big strikeout pitcher, averaging between 6 and 7 per game this year, but keeps the ball in the infield with a lot of pop ups and soft grounders. Doesnt get hit hard much. Three HRs last season and currently has given 3 this year. To sum it up, nothing phases her,If you want a pitcher that will keep you in the game mentally and physically, she is the one you want on the mound. Gives her offense a chance to win every game with very few exceptions. Threw another no hitter one error short of second perfect game within one week.11 Ks in that one.