Best Pitchers

Deion24

I agree with "anythingclose". Jennings isn't in the top 5....especially in Tennessee. "WowMan" have you ever heard of a player plateauing? Her travel team may have had 4 or 5 top finishes but that was then and we are in the present. I have seen many of travel teams last Fall hit her like a drum. The only reason some of these Fury players are getting attention with colleges is because of the Fury name....it's overrated! There are so many great ball players in Tennessee and in my opinion college coaches are missing the boat on some much better talent in this State. That's what happens when coaches offer verbals to 2014, 2015 & 2016 so early. I'm seeing players right now that have leveled off and not even peaking anymore. Not only that but a 2015/2016 player may be offered a verbal and decide she doesn't even want to play this sport anymore. It's crazy! A verbal is just that...."A VERBAL" It doesn't mean squat until they sign on the dotted line. Pitchers may shine in school ball and it all depends on the competition level their playing against. That's just like these daddy's posting on facebook about their daughter hitting HR's over the fence......well when your beating a team 12-2 what do you expect. I mean get real. It's like I said earlier in my post: McKenzie Prince, Heather Norris, Ashton Edwards, Carly Lewis, Mimi Cartwright are my top 5. From what I have observed these pitchers listed can pitch and are power hitters.

Edited by bamafan565

I agree with "anythingclose". Jennings isn't in the top 5....especially in Tennessee. "WowMan" have you ever heard of a player plateauing? Her travel team may have had 4 or 5 top finishes but that was then and we are in the present. I have seen many of travel teams last Fall hit her like a drum. The only reason some of these Fury players are getting attention with colleges is because of the Fury name....it's overrated! There are so many great ball players in Tennessee and in my opinion college coaches are missing the boat on some much better talent in this State. That's what happens when coaches offer verbals to 2014, 2015 & 2016 so early. I'm seeing players right now that have leveled off and not even peaking anymore. Not only that but a 2015/2016 player may be offered a verbal and decide she doesn't even want to play this sport anymore. It's crazy! A verbal is just that...."A VERBAL" It doesn't mean squat until they sign on the dotted line. Pitchers may shine in school ball and it all depends on the competition level their playing against. That's just like these daddy's posting on facebook about their daughter hitting HR's over the fence......well when your beating a team 12-2 what do you expect. I mean get real. It's like I said earlier in my post: McKenzie Prince, Heather Norris, Ashton Edwards, Carly Lewis, Mimi Cartwright are my top 5. From what I have observed these pitchers listed can pitch and are power hitters.

If the Fury name is so overrated, then why are 3 of your top 5 ex-Fury players. College coaches make their own decisions on players based on how they perform against the best in country not Tennessee High School teams. Edited by Hunter1

Ok just outside looking in. My kids arent Fury girls. Nothing against Fury. My freshman daughter who is a 98 birthday played with the Frost Falcons for a long time. Having played the 97team and 98team several times I can tell you its not hype. Fury has its stuff together. The organization takes the time to get the girls the right attention from the right college coaches for that girl.Myself we chose for my daughter to go further south into Georgia and play with the Force Elite organization.Fury isnt overrated its just doing what it needs to for the girls to get that next opportunity. The question is..... those of you complaining about Fury. Are you doing ad much?

Never seen her, don't know her. But I doubt any kid in state approaching 67 mph. Most people are clueless on pitching speeds. A kid throwing 67 in high school would go through batters uncontested, even if all they threw was a fastball. Get real....or get a new radar.

There definitely is no way that Jones is throwing close to 67, she's more in the low 60's. Pitchers in the upper 60's in high school are very rare.

As the post season begins, I think everyone will get a chance to make a better case for the best pitchers in the state. Great pitchers play their best in the post season and carry their team further in to the tournament. I think a great example is Nunley at Soddy Daisy last year. They were young and did not have the hottest bats, but she helped carry them to the State title.