Carl Stewart

fballfan0032231

That was one hit. Every running back has a hit like that. Every other game, Carl has shed tackles, and ran right at defenders whenever he feels like it. In the Powell game, for example, he ran over Derek Milligan, who was playing defensive back at the time.

Yes, the college level will be more brutal. But I believe Carl can handle it. Region 3-4A has a lot of hard hitters as well --- just look at Knoxville Central's defense!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently bigdaddy69 has a short memory. He was a little shaken up at West, earlier this year,(got flipped and had a slight concussion) but McCord and Byner had enough to send the West people home early. I seem to remember Stewart running over and through West in last year's mud bowl on the way to the 'Boro. bigdaddy69 maybe that's why you are on the coachT board and Tubberville is pulling down a mil a year at Auburn for making decisions about high school players. Go Rebs.

[Edited by STARSNBARS on 11-8-02 11:05P]

No one is saying Stewart couldn't play at Tennessee.!!!!

The fact is Tennessee didn't need him to play Running back.

Carl is a fine player and I hope he does well at Auburn.

The fact is Fulmer has had a track record of doing the right thing when it comes to recriuts.

Stewart didn't want to play defense and that is where he would've been if he had went to UT.

That is simple so I wish all of the Maryville fans would quit coming on here and saying UT messed up by not giving him a chance to play there.

I remember another player that was dead set on play running back in college.

His name was Ricky Upton from Jefferson County.

He ran for many more yards than Stewart ever has and Tennessee wanted him to play linebacker and he didn't want too.

He went to Penn State and everyone in Jefferson County said that Tennessee had made a mistake.

Well, Upton has carried the ball very few times in his whole career for Joe Pa and Tennessee has won several SEC Championships since then.

So you tell me who made the bad decision?

And about the Tuberville thing.

Where is his ring.

What has he done.

Stewart doesn't even play fullback and I don't know if I would be too happy about being the #9 rated fullback anyway!

Ho does he rank at tailback?

I bet he isn't even in the top 100.

First of all - why are you slammin him for being 9th in the country at fullback - so what if tailbacks are more highly regarded - he's still 9th in the country in an "expert's" eyes. The fact that he can get a full ride at an SEC school for playing football is a testament in itself to his ability. There are millions of high school players, but only a few get to go to big time schools (like any SEC or Big 10, 12, ect.) Carl will turn some heads and bust it up good down at Auburn. Anyway - regardless of past descisions, UT is making a mistake. Riggs stinks - all he has is a big name dad - every time he gets in the game he fumbles or doesn't make it past the line of scrimmage - if he's the future of UT running backs then UT fans should expect some more disappointing seasons. They need team players not players that run their mouths (like washington, clausen, and RIGGS in HIGHSCHOOL) - Carl is a complete package with more potential than UT gives him credit for. We'll see how he does at Auburn. You might just be suprised

Do people register for CoachT. just to talk crap about Maryville. Who cares about UT they I never did like 'em. And as for BigDaddy you are a lonely kid who is obsessed with his mediocore school and will never ever ever see his school win anything more than an IMAC title. Lets look at the Morristown game, that hit was the second big hit he took and he ended up with a concusion. Why are you so stupid to say that he can't take a hit, you should say that wuss can't take a concusoin like a real man. You are a buckethead and should be bannded from posting, you make it seem like that was just a hit by a DB that scared carl you are a sad example of haterism. I feel bad for you because you have a narrow mind and will never see the big picture. Man...re-read your post out loud for more people to hear, you sound really stupid...what else can I say, Bigdaddy you are a bigdummy and the worst poster in history. Get a life and quit hating.

Ctsports, Tuberville I believe has 2 rings as the Defensive Coordinator for Miami. Fulmer has supposedly recruited very well, but I couldn't tell it Saturday. Also Fulmer took those 2 all-stars (lol) Kursten Biggers and Joe Reed from the midstate. In my opinion Stewart has all the intangibles; desire, work ethic, team player, overall athleticism, intelligence, and character. Tennessee took a player from Maryville in '99 that didn't have any of those qualities. So I wish Stewart nothing but the best at Auburn. For Tennessee's sake let's hope he doesn't pull an Elston Turner and is constantly a thorn in their side. Also since you brought up recruiting, let's hope Fulmer can recruit some new assistants at the end of this season, as well as you think he recruits high school players. Go Rebs.

[Edited by STARSNBARS on 11-11-02 12:47A]

God forebid anyone say anything critical about a Player from Maryville.

I said I wanted to see Carl do well at Auburn. I never said I didn't like the kid.

I just stated the facts and the fact is he wanted to play tailback and UT wanted him at linebacker.

Carl made the choice to go to Auburn so quit blaming it on UT.

Biggers was a walkon and a star ever year in the orange and white game. lol

Tubervillle? I really hope your not stating Tuberville is one of the best coaches!!!!!!!!

If you are, your an idiot and can't see through those rose colored glasses you got on.(HOMER)

Actually ctsports he is in the top 100 tailbacks. And being rated #9 in the country at any position is a great accomplishment, and that says a lot about carl and his coaches and teammates at maryville. Ive played against him in high school and now in college my team has faced backs such as T.A. Meclendon from NC State and i believe carl can be as good a running back as he wants to be. Theres no knocking him, hes a great football player, and i hope he does really really well.

I had the privelage of watching Carl Stewart play against Central earlier this year for the first time. Actually I consider it a privelage to have watch those two teams play such a great game more less on player. But to try and say UT missed out on recuiting a great tail back and that they made a MISTAKE not signing him and letting him play tailback is stupid. And to the person who was downing Riggs your an idiot. Ok he had 2 fumbles on the season and he hasn't gotten to play much and yes his dad is a big time name but I don't think his dad a lone would make him the #1 running back in the nation! He is much stronger and is faster then Carl Stewart and that's not taking anything away from Stewart it's just that Riggs is great. I guess Peyton manning stinks for throwing so many interceptions right? Wrong big deal you can't judge a person on what little chance he has had this year. Give me a break. Oh and I wouldn't mind someone like Clausen on my team. He's tough as they come and he doesn't say a lot. maybe he did say he could have beaten Alabama with one arm behind his back. But he could have said that jokenly to one of his teamates in the middle of practice and some nosey writer like John Adams( who I can bearly stand ) wrote it down on paper. and later published it. We don't know how he said that those guys are being watched constantly so don't throw off on him. Washington is one thing but not Clausen.

He has taken chances on getting hurt badly this year to try and help UT. So give him a break. Carl Stewart is a great talent but Riggs is an awsome talent.