And Giles New Coach Is.........

Top coaches have turned to down in droves because of the salary and benefits that the old staff received but the new staff will not get. Football has been ruined by some folks at GCHS who are nothing but jealous of Coach O'Connor and his staff for their success. Sad time and 1-9 is back on the horizon. Who would want it when you can make more as an assistant at most places? Really disappointed in the way this has been handled. Hope I am wrong about the predications but we are ready for a slide and I hope all the people jealous of the past seven years success are happy.

That's probably what they will do wise old man. It would be cheap and fit the current budget. This entire process stinks and the early talk of quality coaches has got down to who will take the job. Sad times and someone at GCHS better be preparing to take some serious, major heat for all the empty seats at Sam Davis Park (not the Brickyard). We will certainly not have any trouble with getting a schedule when the current two-year deals are up. The players deserve better than this and someone in authority needs to step up.

Wow....and I thought y'all said there were some big names applying for this job. You said not to worry because the big boys are after it. "Have Coach Rankin call us" I believe was posted earlier in this thread. Now we see you are settling for a middle school coach?! Seems that things are different from what you assured everybody would be the next great hire for Giles County. Scary how fast that all fell apart for ya. Can't say I feel bad for ya after all the trash talk that has been going on in here.

I have to agree with you Deadly Catch. Some of posters on here are simply not realists. With the salary schedule and a new administration who has of yet not proved they back football, things will only get worst. Some folks on here need to quit trying to be comedians and realize this football program is going down the tubes because of lack of support from those who count. Heck, we probably can't even beat Richland. THE RETURNING PLAYERS WHO HAVE WORKED THEIR BUTTS OFF DESERVE BETTER. This search is a farce. You reap what you sew and we ain't sewing with much interest in football from those who count right now. Osteen would be the head coach now if he was treated like Coach OC.

I have to agree with you Deadly Catch. Some of posters on here are simply not realists. With the salary schedule and a new administration who has of yet not proved they back football, things will only get worst. Some folks on here need to quit trying to be comedians and realize this football program is going down the tubes because of lack of support from those who count. Heck, we probably can't even beat Richland. THE RETURNING PLAYERS WHO HAVE WORKED THEIR BUTTS OFF DESERVE BETTER. This search is a farce. You reap what you sew and we ain't sewing with much interest in football from those who count right now. Osteen would be the head coach now if he was treated like Coach OC.

Can't beat Richland??? haha I don't care how bad we are, we will always beat Richland. I remember the 1-9 Jackie Smith seasons but apparently you don't. Who was the single win always against? That school up north.