University School of Jackson

JacksonTn

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two Questions:

1. Any word on who they are going to hire as their new boys basketball coach?

2. Can they ever be good in basketball? ( They seem to be good in everything else)

I'm not familiar with their program, but based on their facilities and the spirit and support of the people who I met from their school I would say if they hire the right person they can be very good in Basketball.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

USJ will go as far as Clayton Hughes takes them.  They don't have anyone that causes problems on defense and offense like him.  He is still growing as a player, but is clearly the diamond in that rough group of players they call a team.  Coach Simmons has done an excellent job as well. If the game is on the line though they have certain players that straight jack up threes, and because of that they will lose games in the future. Hopefully when its tourny time they will realize he is the player that will take them deep in the tournament. Start running the offense through Clayton and take less threes and attack the rim more. 

• 1 year later...

Ok, am I correct in this assumption? USJ only has to win 3 games to get to the state championship? Are you kidding me? In Divison 1 Class A you have to win 9 games to get to the finals. That's ridiculous!

Would take 4 games to win Region / 1 Sub-State Win / 2 Wins in State to win it all.   Could possibly win 1 in region/win sub-state (would be against # 1 seed in East and highly unlikely) and 2 games to win state so guess technically you are correct.

Haven't posted in a long time - usually your posts are entertaining and enjoy your back and forth with Memphis people, but this post makes you just look petty.   They can only play as many teams as there are in Division II.   

Also think you might want to re-do your Math with the 9 games in Class A.   Using same logic, Trinity could win 1 game in District (come in 4th), Win 2 games in Region (come in 2nd), win sub-state, and 3 games in State and be State Champs with 7 wins  (not 9).