CPA's Jalen Lindsey leaving CPA

Ticket

I doubt the travel expenses were a problem. The City of Palms usually covers flights, motels, & meals, so there isn't too much expense involved. I know the COP runs into this occasionally where a team loses a player to another school or even injury after being invited. Last year Prestonwood Christian was supposed to have Mickey Mitchell and Julian Randle, but both were hurt (one during AAU play & 1 during football), but they still came. Might have gone 1-3, can't remember, but didn't win over 1 game after being in the finals the year before.

Could it be a lack of confidence the coach is showing in the remaining members of his team? Those players should be able to compete with those other teams, probably not win the tournament. Maybe not bring all the accolades to the coach for competing and not winning. Are they getting the player from Charlotte? He should help offset the loss of Lindsey, shouldn't it?

No doubt Elder is better, IMO, but Bonds is still the QB of CPA's team, and he plays his role well. Elder is a better player, but I may not be willing to admit that CPA would be better with him versus Bonds. People don't realize CPA's game all starts with defense and Bonds leads the way.

I don't think its fair for us to compare Bonds with Elder. The story is still being written on Bonds. As it stands now, it is laughable to compare the two. Elder's only flaw at basketball was that he is a great football player. He won everything a player could win. State Championships X3, POY X2, Mr Basketball nom X3, McD nom X2, 4X All State, nationally ranked, national AAU tournament championships, national AAU tournment MVP's - Gibbons, Prather, Ford. He did it all. Also he was one of the best on ball defenders in the nation**. CPA would have been much better with him of course.

Bonds is a nice player. We should probably let his story play out before putting him shoulder to shoulder with Elder. Truly they are way different players.

** http://basketballrec...asp?CID=1426799

Edited by jrmsu2010

Could it be a lack of confidence the coach is showing in the remaining members of his team? Those players should be able to compete with those other teams, probably not win the tournament. Maybe not bring all the accolades to the coach for competing and not winning. Are they getting the player from Charlotte? He should help offset the loss of Lindsey, shouldn't it?

I don't think Marcus Graves is coming to CPA. I heard he was moving to California. He would have helped CPA. While CPA still has several elite starters, they don't have much quality depth other than Parker Howell.

I don't think its fair for us to compare Bonds with Elder. The story is still being written on Bonds. As it stands now, it is laughable to compare the two. Elder's only flaw at basketball was that he is a great football player. He won everything a player could win. State Championships X3, POY X2, Mr Basketball nom X3, McD nom X2, 4X All State, nationally ranked, national AAU tournament championships, national AAU tournment MVP's - Gibbons, Prather, Ford. He did it all. Also he was one of the best on ball defenders in the nation**. CPA would have been much better with him of course.

Bonds is a nice player. We should probably let his story play out before putting him shoulder to shoulder with Elder. Truly they are way different players.

** http://basketballrec...asp?CID=1426799

I agree entirely with everything here. Elder really did it all. He is an unbelievable competitor. I'm high on Bonds but Elder is one of the best athletes to come through middle tennessee this decade.

I don't think Marcus Graves is coming to CPA. I heard he was moving to California. He would have helped CPA. While CPA still has several elite starters, they don't have much quality depth other than Parker Howell.

Is the lack of quality depth a reflection of the typical CPA student/athlete? If so, does that speak volumes as to why the team is criticized for recruiting these high profile players?

No doubt Elder is better, IMO, but Bonds is still the QB of CPA's team, and he plays his role well. Elder is a better player, but I may not be willing to admit that CPA would be better with him versus Bonds. People don't realize CPA's game all starts with defense and Bonds leads the way.

These two kids play totally seperate roles. Bonds is part of a well oiled machine and his role is to lead, guide, and put actions into motion. Elder's role was to do it all because they needed his scoring and athleticism to be competitive. Could Bonds step up and do more of that if needed? We don't know. Could Elder back down and perform a different role on a different team? We don't know. Both are pretty good at what they do.

Cleggy, you are normally a pretty reasonable poster with good insight, but, barring injuries or loss of another key player, CPA will win its 3rd in a row. I remember last summer there were several posters who said CPA would not be able to repeat due to the loss of Bradshaw and Wharton, but look what happened. And if you think Blackwell is Div. II, you lose all credibility here. CPA has 4 returning starters (with 6 rings) and a backup center who would start for any other team in the state. Not to mention that they will be senior dominated. Remember your prediction come March and be prepared for some crow stew.

Is the Spann kid still at CPA, and on the team? If not, where is he now?

• 2 weeks later...