CPA's Jalen Lindsey leaving CPA

Ticket

Jalen leaving. No problem. Recruit an out of state player (Marcus Graves). I think Maddux is too insecure to play with the hand he's been dealt (like other coaches in Division 1).

Not really surprising with the loss of Lindsey. The interesting thing is that he would "get" someone who was a senior- just another sign that next year after the Class of 2014 graduates that Coach Maddux may "graduate" as well to a different level of coaching (because after next year- the only things left in the well are Braxton Blackwell and Parker Howell). Also interesting story in a NC newspaper within the last month about the latest player for CPA. Long article explaining that his father is now an NFL asst coach for the San Diego Chargers (after stints with Tn Titans and Carolina Panthers) and they were trying to decide what to do next year for the player's senior year- Option A- move to San Diego and play ball there, Option B- stay in NC and play on his HS team that he has played on for 2 years. Turns out there ended up being another option that nobody knew about- call it Option D (for Drew).

What's fun about watching some kid nobody knows come in and play for his Senior year?

Actually very fun.....you should come watch some of the games, the kids are great ball players and provide a high level of HS bball we don't get to see in this area. If you are true fan of the game you would appreciate it, or simply a hater........

Until T$$AA decides to do the right thing and separate all privates this will always be an issue. CPA openly and illegally recruits and there is never a word said. I'm not sure that Maddux can coach but he can recruit at the high school level. This is as ridiculous as it gets when they can recruit some kid from out of state to come and play basketball. What a friggin joke T$$AA is

Until T$$AA decides to do the right thing and separate all privates this will always be an issue. CPA openly and illegally recruits and there is never a word said. I'm not sure that Maddux can coach but he can recruit at the high school level. This is as ridiculous as it gets when they can recruit some kid from out of state to come and play basketball. What a friggin joke T$$AA is

Pretty strong accusations there, devilfanatic. You got something to back this up, or is this just yet another "Yo' mama wears army boots" sour grapes rant of someone whose team got schooled by a better team. We all await the evidence that you rely on to show that you are something other than an extremely poor loser.

Bump

I really don't know the whole story, but here is my guess based on what I have read and what i know about CPA. First of all, despite all the arguments about public/private split, CPA is a very well respected and known school, especially for parents who are looking for a Christian lifeview cirriculum (not very common in private schools these days). They are also known for having good coaches and parents of athletes want their kids to get good coaching.

In this particular case, it is my understanding that the father coached for the Titans at one time. Coach Fisher's sons played at CPA and he was a strong advocate of the school. A lot of former Titans players and coaches have had and now have kids go there. Craig Hendrich has kids there now I know. Coach Lowery, Mike Reindfelt, and many other Titans familes are CPA families.

My guess is this family wanted their son to play for Drew, go to CPA, and that is their perogative. Maybe they were not happy with the previous school, but I do not know.

My guess is this family wanted their son to play for Drew, go to CPA, and that is their perogative. Maybe they were not happy with the previous school, but I do not know.

Don't think that was the reason. Interesting article in their local North Carolina paper last month:

http://www.matthewsminthillweekly.com/sports/2013/04/independence-standout-graves-son-of-nfl-coach-facing-tough-decision/

Don't think that was the reason. Interesting article in their local North Carolina paper last month:

http://www.matthewsm...tough-decision/

Thanks. Again, I was just guessing. I feel for the family and the kid trying to be together but being pulled apart by a career that is so uncertain and requires relocation. Still doesn't answer the "why CPA" question. The article emphasizes his desire to be on a top notch team that will help him get recruiter looks and exposure. Maybe that is why CPA, I don't know. You never know, maybe the "church school" factor was a deciding one. I still am guessing the dad heard of CPA through NFL people he knew who have had kids there. I wish them the best regardless of where they go.

• 2 weeks later...